Please tell us about yourself! You will not be able to post on the rest of the board until you have posted here

Postby DownAndOut » March 16th, 2009, 1:28 pm

Hello there pit bull lovers. I'm a new member. I would love to get personal here but at the current moment, I'm a member of another rescue that is seen in a negative light here. I'm starting to question my being involved with them but have developed relationships with those that aren't mods that I don't want to lose. So I'm being honest and open to you all. I'm not here to bash on anyone or be a runner of information. But at times, when my doubts arise, I would definitely like a perspective other than that provided by the cronies. I hope I'm welcomed here but understand if you don't want me here because of my involvement with them.

I was just involved with my first rescue and after I jumped on board to help, the rescue started backing away and were helping less and less until it was ultimately up to me to find a home for the dog. I was not happy to say the least. That is where my questions came about. I was able to get plenty of donations from those that aren't mods there and from people who genuinely care about the animals but as soon as the going got tough, everyone involved in the upper levels of the rescue backed off and it became my problem to deal with. Not a way to handle rescue, in my opinion.
DownAndOut
Just Whelped

Postby Jenn » March 16th, 2009, 1:36 pm

:wave2: Hello and welcome, everyone is welcomed here.

Tell us a little about your personal dogs, or what got you into the breed? Favorite pizza? ;)
I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not so sure....
Jenn
undecided

Postby DownAndOut » March 16th, 2009, 1:50 pm

phew! i was nervous! a little about me and my fam...

i have a APBT who I love to the ends of the earth! She's a blue/brindle mix...or so they say. To me, she's just a wet nose pit! I am also married with a 1 yr old son. My family is my world.

I became a pit owner in the wrong way...my sister's dog was not altered and got pregnant from the neighbors pit. I was not educated on the breed and just wanted a puppy so I scooped her up from my sister. That's probably one of the greatest mistakes I have ever made! I searched the internet for quite a while on different rescues and such because I have been experiencing some fear issues with her since Landon started crawling/walking. I have been working on this feverishly because I don't want to see her leave my home but every day is a constant battle. That's how I found the afformentioned rescue. They have been trying to give me advice for quite a while now and every now and then I feel like we are improving but for the most part, I feel we are failing.

Since I started working on her fear aggression, I have submersed myself in all things pit bull related. I just hate the negative media coverage that this breed gets and I have seen so many great pitties and they have touched my heart. That's what made me want to get involved and help in any way I can. I'm sure I will be here asking advice and getting everyone's opinions...and hopefully some fresh ones!

Oh yea...my favorite pizza? Hawaiian!
DownAndOut
Just Whelped

Postby Jenn » March 16th, 2009, 1:53 pm

I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not so sure....
Jenn
undecided

Postby pitbullmamaliz » March 16th, 2009, 2:04 pm

Welcome! :wave:
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby Marinepits » March 16th, 2009, 2:13 pm

Welcome to the forum!
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby Cult37 » March 16th, 2009, 2:27 pm

hey its ok, they didn't hang me either (yet)... too bad we can't PM yet huh?
glad to see you, hope everything works out man...
Cult37
Just Whelped

Postby SvcDogSawyer » March 16th, 2009, 2:38 pm

Hello & Welcome :wave2:
John & Sawyer

"Damn Walkies"
SvcDogSawyer
Not Patrick's Nipple

Postby iluvk9 » March 16th, 2009, 5:40 pm

Welcome to PBT! :wave2:

DownAndOut wrote: ...I was able to get plenty of donations from those that aren't mods ....

If you need cash OUR MODS and ADMIN will gladly give you lots of moolah! Just don't tell them I sent you.
:wink:
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby KJS » March 17th, 2009, 3:47 pm

Hello and welcome in! :mrgreen:
Dont breed or buy while shelter animals die!
KJS
Supremely Bully

Postby airwalk » March 17th, 2009, 5:45 pm

Hi and welcome. PBT members are always happy to help.
airwalk
I live here

Postby LMM » March 17th, 2009, 6:06 pm

Welcome.
LMM
I'll Kick Your Ass

Postby BigDogBuford » March 17th, 2009, 6:22 pm

Hello and welcome! Now go post about your pups fear aggression issues so that you can get some super helpful info. :)
~Jeanine

You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment at work when you know that you just aren't going to do anything productive for the rest of the day.
BigDogBuford
I love snipe hunts.

Postby undercoverlover » March 18th, 2009, 12:33 pm

Hi and welcome.

Glad to find you here!
undercoverlover
Just Whelped

Postby TheRedQueen » March 18th, 2009, 2:28 pm

Hi and welcome! :wave2:
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

Postby SisMorphine » March 18th, 2009, 2:46 pm

Welcome to the board!!
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine
They're like service dogs gone wrong.

Postby TinaMartin » March 18th, 2009, 3:11 pm

Welcome! Post away there are a lot of very dog smart people here.
Not only am I a member of the Michelle says my dog is fat club I'm the president!
I can Alpha Roll hair!
TinaMartin
The Hair Whisperer

Postby iluvk9 » March 18th, 2009, 6:14 pm

Boy, you are very popular! Your intro got 129 hits! Unless you keep reading it.... 8)
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby DownAndOut » March 18th, 2009, 6:15 pm

iluvk9 wrote:Boy, you are very popular! Your intro got 129 hits! Unless you keep reading it.... 8)

hahahaha...i have read it maybe 10 times. only when i see a new post.

THANK YOU FOR THE WARM WELCOME EVERYONE! HAPPY TO BE HERE!!!!!!
DownAndOut
Just Whelped

Postby AllAmericanPUP » March 18th, 2009, 10:58 pm

Welcome to PBT :wave2:
AllAmericanPUP
Eli's Mom

Return to Introductions