Mickle Saved Blue Last Night

This forum is all about training and behavior. Everything from potty training to working titles!

Postby SisMorphine » March 16th, 2009, 2:54 pm

Frankly I'm still not sure if that's a blessing or not :x

We were at training and had the dogs crated in a separate room from where we were training. The last time Blue crate busted was when we were at Michelle and Demo's so I really didn't worry.

Well luckily Mickle was in the room when Blue decided to bust out of his crate because he got one of the 4 pegs out and decided to stick his head through, and got stuck. Apparently he was purple and it took a lot of shoving for Liisa to get his head back in his crate. I had to use pliers to get the door off and let him out. He scraped himself up pretty good, blood splattered crate roof and all. I put him in another room and he proceeded to vomit up a good amount of bile. As of today he seems fine.

All I can figure is that Teeny being in heat has made him extra anxious (even though she wasn't at training last night, she was at home). Maybe the fact hat he had been crated so much yesterday in general. A combo perhaps. I now need to figure out what holistic remedy to give him to calm him down without drugging him (which is why I'm not going to use valerian or melatonin).

I dropped his crate off at a local welder's to see if he can fashion anything that'll keep the beast in. If you ever have the option, I suggest opting not to get a dog who busts out of crates :cuss:
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine
They're like service dogs gone wrong.

Postby BigDogBuford » March 16th, 2009, 2:58 pm

How scary! Glad he's ok.

At least Doogie politely teleports out of his crate.
~Jeanine

You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment at work when you know that you just aren't going to do anything productive for the rest of the day.
BigDogBuford
I love snipe hunts.

Postby madremissy » March 16th, 2009, 3:06 pm

Oh Blue. Please stay in your crate. I am so glad he is ok.
madremissy
I have a basketball and I'm not afraid to use it.

Postby pitbullmamaliz » March 16th, 2009, 3:06 pm

Great job, Mickle!
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby maberi » March 16th, 2009, 3:09 pm

Good lord, I'm glad he is okay. It always amazes me how strong some dogs are after seeing what they can do to a crate.

You should think about investing in a tiger cage
Look beyond what your own eyes see
maberi
I Save My Empty Calories For The Bottle

Postby Jenn » March 16th, 2009, 3:11 pm

:shock: Glad he's ok!
I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not so sure....
Jenn
undecided

Postby SisMorphine » March 16th, 2009, 3:25 pm

maberi wrote:Good lord, I'm glad he is okay. It always amazes me how strong some dogs are after seeing what they can do to a crate.

You should think about investing in a tiger cage

Once I have the extra cash (2 years from now, LOL) I'm going to have 2 tiger cages custom built for the back of my car for Blue and Teeny, lightweight enough to pull out when I need to. I'm really hoping that what the welder comes up with for a new door for his crate works, though, because it'll be MUCH cheaper!!
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine

Postby Malli » March 16th, 2009, 3:39 pm

holy crap.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day, tomorrow doesn't look good either.
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby CinderDee » March 16th, 2009, 3:43 pm

:shock: I'm glad he's ok.
Dee
CinderDee
I'm The Bug Whisperer

Postby Hundilein » March 16th, 2009, 3:46 pm

Yikes! I'm glad he's okay.
Sarah and Renee - aka wild child
Hundilein
Loyally Bully

Postby SLS61185 » March 16th, 2009, 3:50 pm

I'm glad he's okay, too...

On another note, it's never a dull moment with the Blue Beast around, is it? :o
Stac

Today is the tomorrow that we worried about yesterday - Unknown
SLS61185
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby SisMorphine » March 16th, 2009, 3:52 pm

SLS61185 wrote:I'm glad he's okay, too...

On another note, it's never a dull moment with the Blue Beast around, is it? :o

LOL Nope!! Just 5 seconds ago he was licking my neck and getting ready to mount me, now he's lying down in front of Teeny's crate staring at her, wagging his tail and whining. No, Blue, you can NOT do your sister!!
SisMorphine

Postby SLS61185 » March 16th, 2009, 4:27 pm

Lol, well atleast you'll never be bored and you'll alwayshave SOME kinda of entertainment. :P
Stac

Today is the tomorrow that we worried about yesterday - Unknown
SLS61185
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby amazincc » March 16th, 2009, 5:03 pm

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Damn dogs. :nono:

I'm glad the little bastid is okay. :wink: lol
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby Mickle » March 16th, 2009, 5:49 pm

Im glad the Blue monster is doing better today, he really had me worried after last night!!!! Stupid Bulldogs!!!
Liisa
Sticking feathers up your butt does not make you a chicken
Mickle
Loyally Bully

Postby call2arms » March 16th, 2009, 6:34 pm

Blue! Your head is TOO BIG to get through! You big dummy...

I was just thinking, with all the money you'll need to repair crates with him, might as well invest in a tiger cage now, lol! Just pay in installments that are about the price of a crate, that's fair...
“Your birth is a mistake you'll spend your whole life trying to correct.” Chuck Palahniuk

I love pus but I hate people.

I can say words like undifferentiated gonads now!
call2arms
Boys Stink

Postby LMM » March 16th, 2009, 9:01 pm

Crap! I'm glad he's ok!
LMM
I'll Kick Your Ass

Postby TheRedQueen » March 16th, 2009, 9:21 pm

Whew...glad he's okay!

I had a foster Aussie that did this...I found her in the morning, with her head outside the crate, her body inside. I have no idea how long she was like that...scary stuff! :shock:

Tell the big goober to keep his head inside his crate!
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

Postby mnp13 » March 16th, 2009, 11:21 pm

Ok, enough of getting scared to death by dumb boy dogs doing dumb stuff. That's why our girls are the best-est

I'm glad he's ok!!!
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby SisMorphine » March 17th, 2009, 7:59 am

Ugh don't I know it!!!

Like I told Mickle, I'm glad she was the one who was in the room and not me because I would have afterwards turned into a useless puddle of crying stupidity on the floor. Plus I was glad she was in the room because if it had been another 5 minutes before someone walked into the room I'm sure he wouldn't be with us anymore. Now I'm hyper paranoid and won't leave him alone. I can't wait to get the new reinforced crate back later this week . . .
SisMorphine

Next

Return to Training & Behavior