Rochester Pet Expo and Smilin Pit Bull Rescue (SPBR)

This is where to talk about Pit Bulls!

Postby cheekymunkee » March 9th, 2009, 5:18 pm

I did all versions of SSSSSSHHHHHHHTTTT I could think of to all 3 of my dogs just now. They looked at me like WTF is your problem lady. :?

And SHAME on SPBR for taking smelly puppies to that event. Bunch of smurfing idiots. WHERE do they keep these poor puppies that they can get that stinky? Can you imagine what their homes smell like?? :puke:
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
User avatar
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass
 
Posts: 28540
Location: Dallas

Postby Hoyden » March 9th, 2009, 5:22 pm

cheekymunkee wrote:I did all versions of SSSSSSHHHHHHHTTTT I could think of to all 3 of my dogs just now. They looked at me like WTF is your problem lady. :?

And SHAME on SPBR for taking smelly puppies to that event. Bunch of smurfing idiots. WHERE do they keep these poor puppies that they can get that stinky? Can you imagine what their homes smell like?? :puke:


Do you really want an answer to that?
Moral courage is the most valuable and usually the most absent characteristic in men ~ General George S. Patton, Jr.

She taking all the stars down from her sky to hang them up someplace new, where there's better weather and the sky's a different blue. ~ Autumn Fields
User avatar
Hoyden
Collar Queen
 
Posts: 3342
Location: Hot, Hot Texas, Baby!

Postby cheekymunkee » March 9th, 2009, 5:48 pm

Noooo thank you!
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
User avatar
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass
 
Posts: 28540
Location: Dallas

Postby Marinepits » March 9th, 2009, 5:54 pm

I go to the New Jersey and CT expos every year and I have to say that the CT crowds are FAR worse when it comes to ignorant owners. I've seen people walking their CATS on leash around the place. :crazy2:
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
User avatar
Marinepits
Proud Infidel
 
Posts: 15621
Location: New England

Postby SisMorphine » March 9th, 2009, 6:17 pm

My mouth stays shut :wave2:
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine
They're like service dogs gone wrong.
 
Posts: 9233
Location: PR

Postby cheekymunkee » March 9th, 2009, 6:21 pm

SisMorphine wrote:My mouth stays shut :wave2:


Oh come one! Open & see what comes out!
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
User avatar
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass
 
Posts: 28540
Location: Dallas

Postby JMULLER » March 9th, 2009, 9:18 pm

I wanted to post because I witnessed the bite and wanted to let you all know exactly what happened. Unfortunately an elderly couple were walking their small cairn terrier near the SPBR booth, when a large pit mix just grabbed the terrier by its head. They were able to separate the dogs by choking the dog off. The owners of the cairn took the dog to their vet and had him checked out. The dog ended up at the emergency hospital and where it was treated for its bite wounds. Unfortunately SPBR was unable to produce any proof of rabies and the dog was seized by Rochester Animal Control.

The unfortunate reality is that these expos pretty much allow anyone in who wants to buy booth space. Groups like these do so much damage to the breed. All people were talking about was the pit bull that attacked the little dog, and it certainly doesn't help that their booth smelled like a shit/parvo cocktail!

Those of us who try every day to promote a positive image of the breed have it shoved down our throats by people that don't understand that they are doing so much damage because they have a chip on their shoulder and want to prove to you that YOU are wrong. Well guess what SPBR - I also own a pit bull that stays home during events like this because I don't want to stand there stringing up my dog looking like an asshole just to show people just how GOOD my dog is. Hey - here's an idea... If you have a dog that has dog aggression issues, leave it at freaking home.

We have so many adoptable dogs in our shelters being put down while these people make a buck off uneducated and inexperienced dog owners. Talk about bait and switch! I can take you to my shelter and show you 9 out of 10 pits that will never see the light of day. And these are the dogs that can thrive with a mature, responsible owner with a bit of common sense.

Unfortunately, so many of these people are so fanatical that they are almost like a fringe PETA group. There is no reasoning with the foot soldiers that carry the banner. They are going to save every dog regardless of health, temperament, and adoptability......and then turn around and sell you that dog and tell you that you did something wrong when the dog from a backyard on Lyell Avenue killed your neighbor's dog and your kid's hamster. They have turned a WONDERFUL working and family dog into a "cause," not because they love the breed but because it's just another way to be a cool outcast!

In the end it just makes me sad to see the breed continue to fight a losing battle in the eyes of the public.
JMULLER
Just Whelped
 
Posts: 3
Location: Rochester New York

Postby LMM » March 9th, 2009, 9:26 pm

Oh no! The dog was seized??? What in the hell were they thinking bringing that dog there???
User avatar
LMM
I'll Kick Your Ass
 
Posts: 1834
Location: Bitch please....

Postby SisMorphine » March 9th, 2009, 9:31 pm

Of COURSE SPBR couldn't provide proof of vaccines!!!! UGH!!!!!!

Okay, now I'm really keeping my mouth closed.
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine
They're like service dogs gone wrong.
 
Posts: 9233
Location: PR

Postby LMM » March 9th, 2009, 9:32 pm

They can't provide proof because Eric Grey refuses to vaccinate for rabies. He claims to want the new owner to build a relationship with the new dog and vet.
User avatar
LMM
I'll Kick Your Ass
 
Posts: 1834
Location: Bitch please....

Postby mnp13 » March 9th, 2009, 10:25 pm

I hope people can get great big GIANT fines for having an unvaccinated dog out in public. I also hope that the owners of the injured dog make Eric pay every penny for its care... and then some.
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
User avatar
mnp13
Evil Overlord
 
Posts: 17234
Location: Rochester, NY

Postby Hoyden » March 9th, 2009, 10:28 pm

Holy mother of DOG!!

So, you mean to tell me that the organizing group for this expo didn't tell Eric/SPBR to pack his puppies and his crap and get the hell out after being unable to provide proof of a rabies vaccination after one of his dogs bit and injured another dog???

Let me get this straight, yet another dog in Eric Gray/ SPBR's care had to be euthanized? This time it's because Eric feels that complying with the law & getting dogs in your care a rabies vaccination is a "bonding" exercise?

:cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss:

I need a Valium right now.
Moral courage is the most valuable and usually the most absent characteristic in men ~ General George S. Patton, Jr.

She taking all the stars down from her sky to hang them up someplace new, where there's better weather and the sky's a different blue. ~ Autumn Fields
User avatar
Hoyden
Collar Queen
 
Posts: 3342
Location: Hot, Hot Texas, Baby!

Postby Marinepits » March 10th, 2009, 8:04 am

JMULLER wrote:Unfortunately, so many of these people are so fanatical that they are almost like a fringe PETA group. There is no reasoning with the foot soldiers that carry the banner. They are going to save every dog regardless of health, temperament, and adoptability......and then turn around and sell you that dog and tell you that you did something wrong when the dog from a backyard on Lyell Avenue killed your neighbor's dog and your kid's hamster. They have turned a WONDERFUL working and family dog into a "cause," not because they love the breed but because it's just another way to be a cool outcast!


This is the best description of them that I've ever heard. It's a damn shame that they cannot put the needs of the dogs over their own selfish reasons for being in "rescue". And there is no reasoning with fanatics. :shake:
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
User avatar
Marinepits
Proud Infidel
 
Posts: 15621
Location: New England

Postby BonJeanS » March 10th, 2009, 9:57 am

cheekymunkee wrote:And SHAME on SPBR for taking smelly puppies to that event. Bunch of smurfing idiots. WHERE do they keep these poor puppies that they can get that stinky? Can you imagine what their homes smell like?? :puke:


I haven't been on here in ages, someone linked me to this topic. I was banned from SPBR's forum well over a year ago, it's disheartening to see how things there haven't changed one bit, if anything, the puppy-pushing/puppy pedaling has gotten worse. As far as the smelly puppies go- that smell is from being in the BASEMENT.
User avatar
BonJeanS
Just Whelped
 
Posts: 6
Location: Upstate NY

Postby TheRedQueen » March 10th, 2009, 10:16 am

:shock: Wow. :nono:
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
User avatar
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.
 
Posts: 7184
Location: Maryland

Postby BonJeanS » March 10th, 2009, 10:38 am

Marinepits wrote:
JMULLER wrote:Unfortunately, so many of these people are so fanatical that they are almost like a fringe PETA group. There is no reasoning with the foot soldiers that carry the banner. They are going to save every dog regardless of health, temperament, and adoptability......and then turn around and sell you that dog and tell you that you did something wrong when the dog from a backyard on Lyell Avenue killed your neighbor's dog and your kid's hamster. They have turned a WONDERFUL working and family dog into a "cause," not because they love the breed but because it's just another way to be a cool outcast!


This is the best description of them that I've ever heard. It's a damn shame that they cannot put the needs of the dogs over their own selfish reasons for being in "rescue". And there is no reasoning with fanatics. :shake:

AMEN
User avatar
BonJeanS
Just Whelped
 
Posts: 6
Location: Upstate NY

Postby cheekymunkee » March 10th, 2009, 2:19 pm

What a bunch of morons! THANKS SPBR for one more nail in this breeds coffin! Why dont you people go save the daises or something & leave LIVING animals ALONE??????? IDIOTS!!!!! :cuss:
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
User avatar
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass
 
Posts: 28540
Location: Dallas

Postby katiek0417 » March 11th, 2009, 6:04 pm

I'm shocked overall....about everything...I have DA dogs...they stayed at home the weekend of the expo...except Cy...he stayed in the car (with windows down) until it was time for our demo, and at that time, we brought him in through the back doors that led right into the "ring."

And, yes, anyone can get a booth...we did...however, to put on our demo we had to provide proof that the dogs that would be in the demo belonged to us (and were vaccinated), and we had to provide proof of insurance....

Erin, maybe it was worse on Saturday...but people were allowing their dogs to go up to just anyone and anything...and this isn't a matter of obedience or what not...Nemo has almost no obedience, but when he was walked around the expo, he was kept within 2 feet of the person walking him...and was not allowed to just go up to people or other dogs...again, this wasn't obedience...just, common sense on our part...

On Sunday, however, it definitely wasn't so bad...I didn't want to kill anyone...

But I am absolutely appalled with the stinky puppies...and the instance with the pit grabbing the cairn...the dog shouldn't have had to suffer b/c someone doesn't want to get the dogs vaccinated...jmo...
"Rumor has it, compulsion is evil."

Katrina
Sacha CGC - Dumb Lab
Nisha CGC, PDC, PSA TC, PSA 1 - Crazy Malinois
Drusilla SLUT- Pet
Nemo - Dual-Purpose Narcotics
Cy TC, PSA 1, PSA 2, 2009 PSA Level 3 National Champion
Axo - Psycho Puppy
Rocky - RIP My Baby Boy
User avatar
katiek0417
pointy ear hoarder
 
Posts: 6280
Location: Glen Burnie, MD

Postby Jenny » March 20th, 2009, 11:43 pm

For Dog Gods sake I am SO GLAD I missed the expo! I would have needed someone to post bail.
"I went shopping for feminine protection. I decided on a .380 automatic."
- Karen Riply
User avatar
Jenny
Hyper Adolescent Bully
 
Posts: 337
Location: Central NY

Postby Jenny » March 21st, 2009, 12:05 am

We have so many adoptable dogs in our shelters being put down while these people make a buck off uneducated and inexperienced dog owners.


Thats it!!! absolutely!!! THANK YOU! All of what you wrote is so true. What a breath of fresh air. I really missed the board and started with this thread..

WOW spbr hasn't changed a bit I see..its too bad he's still operating IMO.
"I went shopping for feminine protection. I decided on a .380 automatic."
- Karen Riply
User avatar
Jenny
Hyper Adolescent Bully
 
Posts: 337
Location: Central NY

PreviousNext

Return to Pit Bull Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot]