We got 5 inches-Our little story.

Anything that doesn't fit into the other three catagories

Postby madremissy » March 3rd, 2009, 12:06 am

I know this isn't a big deal for some of you :wink: You know ya'll that get snow all the time.
Living in middle Georgia, we NEVER get this much snow so quickly. It has been a very weird weather wise. At the beginning of the week is was in the 70's. Friday morning we started getting rain, more rain and by Saturday 12:00 we received about 4 inches and flood warnings. Our yard had little ponds all over it. I wouldn't have been suprised if geese started landing there.
Saturday turned out to be a beautiful day. Never would you think that the snow they were predicting would make it to our little town. I woke up Sunday morning to cool weather and then the temp started falling by 11:30am and sleet the sizes of green peas starting coming against the windows of the house. It had started to accumulate on the roof a little. The yard was still full of water in spots so hardly any stuck to the ground.
Within 45 minutes snow started falling and the flakes just kept getting bigger and bigger. It started falling harder and harder.
I looked outside and this is what I see.

My Mom and Dad were here coming home from North Carolina on their way home to Florida. Lucky them :D

When I opened the door for Kinzyl and Sammy to go out, this was their view. I tried for 30 minutes to get them to go out. Kinzyl kept running back to the bedroom.

Finally I remembered her rain coat. I put it on her and she took off straight to her potty spot. Notice I only have one picture of her because this was as about as long as it lasted. She did not appreciate the snow until Sunday night when it stopped snowing. The she decided it was pretty fun. I didn't have my camera then :doh:

Gotty on the other hand loved it. He thought that he was in heaven with all the fluff falling from the sky for him to chase.

Now a few of Mckinlee's first snow: Of course this is when it first started. She wasn't too impressed so they never took her back out in it.

We spent the rest of the day watching it snow and keeping warm. It was very, very pretty but ya'll can keep that stuff.
Thanks for looking :wave2:
madremissy
I have a basketball and I'm not afraid to use it.

Postby call2arms » March 3rd, 2009, 12:11 am

Snow is fun!

It isn't a big deal for us, but it should be for you since you probably don't have winter tires, drive safe! :)

McKinlee is awfully cute for a kid. Especially with the eared shirt and pouty "I don't like this stuff" face.
“Your birth is a mistake you'll spend your whole life trying to correct.” Chuck Palahniuk

I love pus but I hate people.

I can say words like undifferentiated gonads now!
call2arms
Boys Stink

Postby CinderDee » March 3rd, 2009, 12:17 am

Awww, look at the pretty snow bunny. She doesn't look too impressed though. lol

Beautiful pics, Missy!
Dee
CinderDee
I'm The Bug Whisperer

Postby madremissy » March 3rd, 2009, 12:20 am

Thanks girls.
It wasn't bad on the roads, the ground was still so warm. Travis has 4 wheel drive on the Silverado so we were worried. :wink:

Dee, she wasn't impressed at all. It was a wet, wet, heavy snow.
madremissy

Postby iluvk9 » March 3rd, 2009, 7:06 am

Oh, CRY ME A RIVER, PETUNIA!!!!! :rolleyes2:

And of course, Mckinlee-Joyce is adorable. :wink:
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby Marinepits » March 3rd, 2009, 8:50 am

LMAO

Wonderful pics, Missy -- all those kids of yours are adorable! :wink:
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby Jenn » March 3rd, 2009, 10:35 am

Poor Mckinlee, she looks so unimpressed. :lol3:
I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not so sure....
Jenn
undecided

Postby madremissy » March 3rd, 2009, 11:55 am

Oh, CRY ME A RIVER, PETUNIA!!!!!

:neener:

I can't help it if you live up there where you have to fight the snow plow guy every half hour. :thbbbbt:

Thanks Jenifer. :)

No Mckinlee was not impressed at all with the snow. She came back inside with Granna and her crazy parents stayed outside to play in the snow. We watched from the window. :D
madremissy

Postby airwalk » March 3rd, 2009, 12:20 pm

Missy, I completely understand. Snow is beautiful when you can stay inside and watch it...
airwalk
I live here

Postby cheekymunkee » March 3rd, 2009, 3:51 pm

I dont blame her for not liking it. Snow is stupid!
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Return to All the Rest