Remember Sadie

Here is where we can discuss canine cancers and treatment options to create a support system for those dealing with the disease.

Postby dagorocks » March 2nd, 2009, 5:08 pm

I'm new to this site and am glad I found it. My husband and I had a wonderful Pit Bull named Sadie, Sadie was a rescue and came into our lives with such personality. We had her just 3 1/2 short years, she was 6 months when we got her. About two months ago, I noticed her glands beneath her tits were swallon, I didn't think much about it until they grew like little eggs beneath each tit. The first vet we went to put her on medicine to reduce the swelling, she thought maybe Sadie had two hernia's. After ten days of the meds, nothing had changed and instead of going back to the same ved we got a second opinion. The second vet took a sample and that's when we found out Sadie had cancer. The vet had not seen anything like it (fast growing) and said that it probably had spread. We only had that weekend with our little girl and we made her as comfortable as possible. I came to this site to see if others ever saw anything like this. I lov the breed and hopefully soon will be able to adopt another Pit. Thank you for letting me share our experience.
dagorocks
Just Whelped

Postby LMM » March 2nd, 2009, 5:13 pm

Awww Sadie was beautiful. I'm sorry for your loss :(
LMM
I'll Kick Your Ass

Postby pitbullmamaliz » March 2nd, 2009, 5:35 pm

I'm so sorry to hear about Sadie. She looks like a beautiful girl. :hug3:
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby Marinepits » March 2nd, 2009, 5:45 pm

I am sorry for your loss, too. :hug3: Sadie sure was a gorgeous girl!

dagorocks wrote:The vet had not seen anything like it (fast growing) ...... I came to this site to see if others ever saw anything like this.

Do you know which type of cancer Sadie had?
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby CinderDee » March 2nd, 2009, 5:51 pm

I'm very sorry. :( Sadie was a beautiful girl.
Dee
CinderDee
I'm The Bug Whisperer

Postby iluvk9 » March 2nd, 2009, 6:20 pm

My condolences on the loss of your beautiful Sadie. My Lab/Chow, Carlos Garcia, had swollen lymph nodes that seemed to be "there" all of a sudden. They were under his neck. I had a few remaining months with him.
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby Jenn » March 2nd, 2009, 6:24 pm

:hug3:

I'm so sorry about your loss, rest in peace Sadie. :(
I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not so sure....
Jenn
undecided

Postby TheRedQueen » March 2nd, 2009, 6:31 pm

iluvk9 wrote:My condolences on the loss of your beautiful Sadie. My Lab/Chow, Carlos Garcia, had swollen lymph nodes that seemed to be "there" all of a sudden. They were under his neck. I had a few remaining months with him.

Same for me with my mutt, Elwood. One day I felt swollen lymph nodes that I swear weren't that way the day before...so sudden! :cry:

I'm sorry to hear about Sadie...:hug3:
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

Postby Hundilein » March 2nd, 2009, 6:51 pm

How awful. I'm so sorry to hear about Sadie.
Sarah and Renee - aka wild child
Hundilein
Loyally Bully

Postby hugapitbull » March 2nd, 2009, 7:25 pm

I'm sorry to hear about Sadie, she was a beautiful girl. There are many folks here that have fought cancer or are fighting it now. It's such a shame, they are such awesome dogs.
Shanna & Spirit Trouble
We beat osteosarcoma - 27 months 20 days cancer free
'Spirit' Trouble departed for the Bridge 3/16/2011 a victim of aging
Visit - http://k9cancer.org

Any fool can criticize, condemn, and complain--and most fools do. ~Dale Carnegie
hugapitbull
The Better Half

Postby madremissy » March 2nd, 2009, 10:12 pm

I am so sorry for your loss :hug3:
madremissy
I have a basketball and I'm not afraid to use it.

Postby Pit♥bull » March 3rd, 2009, 7:00 am

R.I.P. Sadie

rainbow.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Pit♥bull
Supremely Bully

Postby dagorocks » March 3rd, 2009, 2:41 pm

Thank you all. I did not find out what type of cancer it was, just hope one I never come across again. I talked to a gal yesterday whose dog had the same swallon tits and when they were performing surgery on the dog, the vet closed her up and called the parent with bad news that she would not survive the operation...how sad.
dagorocks
Just Whelped

Postby amazincc » March 4th, 2009, 12:58 am

RIP Sadie. :(
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Return to Canine Cancer