Nebraska Man Stuffs Cat Inside Bong

Postby Marinepits » March 2nd, 2009, 10:12 pm

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,503645,00.html

OMAHA, Neb. — A man who tried to mellow out his cat by stuffing her into a homemade bong is facing criminal charges—and catcalls from animal lovers. Authorities cited a 20-year-old man on suspicion of animal cruelty Sunday after catching him smoking marijuana from a contraption that had a cat stuffed inside its 12-inch by 6-inch base.

The man told Lancaster County sheriff's deputies the 6-month-old female named Shadow had been hyper and that he was trying to calm her down.

The cat was taken to the Capital Humane Society, where she appeared to be in good condition Monday, executive director Bob Downey said.

"What the human mind doesn't invent, huh?" Downey said.

Deputies discovered the cat trapped in the device after responding to a domestic disturbance call at a residence the suspect shares with his grandfather, Sgt. Andy Stebbing said.

Deputies resolved the dispute and left the house, but they returned minutes later after discovering there was an arrest warrant on the suspect for possession of drug paraphernalia.

Upon re-entering the house, Stebbing said, deputies saw the suspect smoking marijuana through a piece of garden hose attached to the duct-taped, plastic glass box, in which the cat had been stuffed.

"This cat was just dazed," Stebbing said. "She was on the front seat of the cop car, wrapped in a blanket, and never moved all the way to the humane society."

The suspect was cited for misdemeanor animal cruelty and taken to the Lancaster County Jail on the arrest warrant. He was released after paying a $400 fine.

Now he faces new charges for possession of marijuana and paraphernalia stemming from Sunday.

Stebbing said the animal cruelty charge could be raised to a felony if the cat dies or is found to have suffered injury.

Downey said tests would be done to determine whether the cat suffered lung damage.

"To the eye, the cat looks OK," he said. "It cowers in the back of its cage like it's a little bit afraid but, obviously, given the way it's been treated, that's not surprising to me at all."

Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby LMM » March 2nd, 2009, 10:19 pm

I'd like to stuff his azz into a fukking bong :cuss:
LMM
I'll Kick Your Ass

Postby BigDogBuford » March 2nd, 2009, 10:41 pm

I'd like to whack him upside the head with a bong and then pour the water on him.
~Jeanine

You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment at work when you know that you just aren't going to do anything productive for the rest of the day.
BigDogBuford
I love snipe hunts.

Postby TheRedQueen » March 2nd, 2009, 10:52 pm

WTF? Seriously? :?
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

Postby amazincc » March 2nd, 2009, 10:54 pm

Whenever I think I've "heard/seen it all" - I haven't. >(
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby call2arms » March 3rd, 2009, 12:08 am

Reminds me that at work tonight, there was a cat that needed to get an x-ray done, and I went to get him in the room.

The exam room is quite large and smelled like someone was growing weed in it. The owner looked pretty stoned and the cat was a PLEASURE to x-ray even though his intestines were all over the place (he had a huge unbilical hernia and had a pouch the size of a large grapefruit full of innards, and almost none left in the actual abdomen)... He was so stoned... People don't realize they drug their animals, too.

Then there was a cat for chest x-rays, who had breathing difficulties. He smelled like an ashtray. Guess who's not helping.
“Your birth is a mistake you'll spend your whole life trying to correct.” Chuck Palahniuk

I love pus but I hate people.

I can say words like undifferentiated gonads now!
call2arms
Boys Stink

Postby CinderDee » March 3rd, 2009, 12:25 am

WTF is wrong with people? :cuss:
Dee
CinderDee
I'm The Bug Whisperer

Postby call2arms » March 3rd, 2009, 12:33 am

Lack of brain cells, I think.
“Your birth is a mistake you'll spend your whole life trying to correct.” Chuck Palahniuk

I love pus but I hate people.

I can say words like undifferentiated gonads now!
call2arms
Boys Stink

Postby pitbullmamaliz » March 3rd, 2009, 9:10 am

I just don't have anything to say. :|
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby Jenn » March 3rd, 2009, 10:33 am

:(
I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not so sure....
Jenn
undecided

Postby AllAmericanPUP » March 3rd, 2009, 11:03 am

i don't even know what to say... :cuss:
AllAmericanPUP
Eli's Mom

Postby SisMorphine » March 3rd, 2009, 11:09 am

Wow. That kid is an idiot. Poor cat.
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine
They're like service dogs gone wrong.

Postby Mickle » March 3rd, 2009, 12:11 pm

Poor Little kitty! That kids an asshole!
Liisa
Sticking feathers up your butt does not make you a chicken
Mickle
Loyally Bully

Postby iluvk9 » March 3rd, 2009, 6:36 pm

How sick. :sad2:
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Return to All the news that's fit to print