Agility Trial

Weight pull, Protection, Agility, Flyball... you name it!

Postby mnp13 » March 2nd, 2009, 12:48 pm

I spent the weekend shooting an agility trial. WOW.

I've only been to one other trial, and I wasn't paying all that much attention. This weekend I spent 16 hours watching the dogs... it was a couple of long days, but it was a lot of fun.

I'm definitely going to get back into agility with Ruby and Riggs. The beginner level titles are hard, but certainly attainable with some work. Ruby could probably get them now except for the weave poles. Riggs is nowhere near ready, but "gets" weave poles so would likely take less work.

It was really exciting to watch, I saw some great dogs and fantastic handling. I'm looking forward to the next one!
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby pitbullmamaliz » March 2nd, 2009, 12:56 pm

Do we get to see any of the pics or are you just teasing us?
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby mnp13 » March 2nd, 2009, 1:16 pm

I took over 1500 pictures. It will be a few days.
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby SisMorphine » March 2nd, 2009, 1:57 pm

Which venue was it?
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine
They're like service dogs gone wrong.

Postby mnp13 » March 2nd, 2009, 2:09 pm

AKC, I'm hoping that we're going to get the UKC club going as well.

I know there is a group that doesn't have the weaves in their beginning level, I can't remember which one it is though. I'd like to just get Ruby to weave though!
Michelle

mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby SisMorphine » March 2nd, 2009, 2:17 pm

CPE that's the one I'm doing . .. though nothing to do with the weaves . . . mostly because it's far more common in my area AND I can compete with Teeny (since she isn't spayed and AKC nor UKC know what an Alapaha is, she can't compete).
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine
They're like service dogs gone wrong.

Postby Leslie H » March 2nd, 2009, 10:13 pm

UKC doesn't have weaves in their 1st level. I've been playing w/Soleil in agility, we're having fun.
Leslie H
Queen of Weight Pull

Return to Sports