Dog Stable After serious abuse - graphic

This is where to talk about Pit Bulls!

Postby a-bull » April 19th, 2006, 11:01 am

m_cochran wrote:Operationkindness.org and russmartin.com have more pictures of her, and links to donate $ for her hospital bills.

It takes a special kind of screwed up to do something like that to an innocent animal. Everytime I look at the picture, I have to go give my dogs a hug and promise that I will never let anything like this happen to them.

Thanks so much for the link. She has the same look/eyes as my guy, and this is just breaking my heart . . .
DISCLAIMER:

My posts are my own opinions unless otherwise stated. They are not necessarily correct for all dogs or all owners.
a-bull
I live here

Postby Hoyden » April 19th, 2006, 11:23 am

cheekymunkee wrote:The only good thing about any of this is animal abuse in Texas is a felony, these assholes could get up to 10 years.

Good! I hope they catch those SOB's.
Moral courage is the most valuable and usually the most absent characteristic in men ~ General George S. Patton, Jr.

She taking all the stars down from her sky to hang them up someplace new, where there's better weather and the sky's a different blue. ~ Autumn Fields
Hoyden
Collar Queen

Postby a-bull » April 19th, 2006, 1:41 pm

a-bull wrote:
m_cochran wrote:Operationkindness.org and russmartin.com have more pictures of her, and links to donate $ for her hospital bills.

It takes a special kind of screwed up to do something like that to an innocent animal. Everytime I look at the picture, I have to go give my dogs a hug and promise that I will never let anything like this happen to them.

Thanks so much for the link. She has the same look/eyes as my guy, and this is just breaking my heart . . .

Oh, and does anyone know anything about "Operationkindness?" Good to donate to??? Seems good . . . .
DISCLAIMER:

My posts are my own opinions unless otherwise stated. They are not necessarily correct for all dogs or all owners.
a-bull
I live here

Postby cheekymunkee » April 19th, 2006, 1:50 pm

They are a very good organization. I donate mainly to pit bull rescue but I do donate to them occasionally as well.
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby a-bull » April 19th, 2006, 1:57 pm

cheekymunkee wrote:They are a very good organization. I donate mainly to pit bull rescue but I do donate to them occasionally as well.

Oh great. Thanks! :)

(Boy, we're needing alot of info. from Texans this week, huh)?
DISCLAIMER:

a-bull
I live here

Postby cheekymunkee » April 19th, 2006, 2:00 pm

That's why we're here...........to help you northerners out. :D :wink:

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby a-bull » April 19th, 2006, 2:05 pm

:bowDown:
DISCLAIMER:

a-bull
I live here

Postby PittieLove » April 20th, 2006, 7:53 am

that is so sad, more dog :(
Bulldog Pride.
PittieLove
Confident Young Bully

Postby cheekymunkee » April 24th, 2006, 10:22 am

She died. :(

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/12461390/

Mercy The Burned Dog Dies Sunday Night

KXAS-TV
7:52 a.m. CDT April 24, 2006
DALLAS - Mercy, the 10-month-old puppy who was doused with gasoline and set on fire, died Sunday at about 9:30 p.m. at the veterinary clinic where she was being treated. Doctors said Mercy showed some improvement Saturday, but her condition started to deteriorate Sunday afternoon. She was given a plasma transfusion, but shortly afterward her heart -- weakened by burns over 60 percent of her body -- stopped beating.

The young pit-bull mix was rescued Friday, April 14, by a Dallas man who saw her in the wooded area behind the Rock Creek Apartments at Preston and Belt Line in Far North Dallas. He took the dog to Operation Kindness Animal Shelter in Carrolton, where she was given immediate veterinary care.

Mercy was transferred to the Dallas Veterinary Surgical Center last Monday. She had surgery the following day to remove most of her burned ears and begin the painful debridement treatment. Doctors cautioned that, because of the severity and extent of her injuries -- which also included stab wounds and cuts -- her prognosis was guarded.

"All of us at Operation Kindness, as well as thousands of people who have been moved by her plight, are grieving for Mercy," said Jonnie England, executive director at Operation Kindness. "We were so hopeful that this beautiful, gentle dog, who had suffered and endured unbearable pain, would pull through in the end. It's more important than ever that the person who brutalized her be caught and brought to justice, for Mercy's sake."

The reward now stands at $10,000 for information leading to the arrest and conviction of the person responsible for torturing and, ultimately, killing Mercy.

The case is being investigated by Dallas Animal Services' Cruelty Division and the Dallas Police Department. Anyone with information should call 311 or Dallas Animal Services at (214) 671-0246.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby dogcrazyjen » April 24th, 2006, 10:26 am

:( I hope this spurs people to find the killers. I think doing unto them what they did to her would be justified :evil:
dogcrazyjen
Devoutly Bully

Postby turtle » April 24th, 2006, 5:37 pm

Oh geez... poor little dog.

Who could do this to a 10 month old puppy? I hope they catch them and they fry in hell...

RIP puppy Mercy, I am sorry you went thru such torture.
-------------------------------------------------------

I may be slow but I get there - a turtle's motto
turtle
Loyally Bully

Postby Marinepits » April 24th, 2006, 5:39 pm

:cry: So sad. RIP, baby girl.
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby pitbullmamaliz » April 24th, 2006, 7:14 pm

:bigCry: I really thought she was going to make it. Why is it always innocent babies that get abused?
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby cheekymunkee » April 24th, 2006, 7:25 pm

With the shape that she was in I think they should have euthed her in the beginning. There is really no reason to make her go through the treatments, they are almost as painful as the original injury. Sleep well sweet baby.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby call2arms » April 24th, 2006, 10:02 pm

I really hope karma bites that person real hard on the arse.
call2arms
Boys Stink

Previous

Return to Pit Bull Talk