70 y/o whacks teens with sauce pan

Postby pitbullmamaliz » February 27th, 2009, 8:17 am

http://www.nbc4i.com/cmh/news/local/art ... pan/13238/
ASSOCIATED PRESS
Published: February 25, 2009

ELYRIA, Ohio—The 70-year-old wife of an Ohio judge says teens who tried to rob her made her so angry that she whacked one in the head with a sauce pan.

Ellen Basinski says she was on the phone with her husband Tuesday when four boys pushed their way into her home in Elyria, west of Cleveland.

Lorain County Judge David Basinski overheard the scuffle and raced home, while his wife grabbed her favorite pan to defend herself against the intruders rifling through her purse and cabinets.

One of the teens told police he threw a bottle of whiskey at Basinski to distract her so another boy could flee. They ran from the house but were later caught and charged with aggravated burglary.

The judge says his wife is upset that police took the pan as evidence.

Hahahahah! Good for her! This is one county over from me. Sometimes other Ohioans make me so proud. :)
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby Marinepits » February 27th, 2009, 8:34 am

Go Granny! :dance:
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby Pit♥bull » February 27th, 2009, 8:41 am

Never under estimate the 'old folks' :D
Pit♥bull
Supremely Bully

Postby LMM » February 27th, 2009, 8:48 am

G'head girl! Good for her :D
LMM
I'll Kick Your Ass

Postby TheRedQueen » February 27th, 2009, 5:54 pm

That last sentence makes me happy... 8)
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

Postby Marinepits » February 27th, 2009, 6:09 pm

She phoned in on GMA this morning and she said: "I raised five sons. Boys don't intimidate me."

LMAO I love her!!!
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby SisMorphine » February 27th, 2009, 6:40 pm

Marinepits wrote:She phoned in on GMA this morning and she said: "I raised five sons. Boys don't intimidate me."

LMAO I love her!!!

Yeah I saw her on GMA as well. Did you see the clip where she demonstrated how she whacked them??
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine
They're like service dogs gone wrong.

Postby Marinepits » February 27th, 2009, 6:51 pm

Yup! Swing that pan, Granny! :lol3:

I wouldn't mess with her -- she looks like she's swung that pan before. :shock:
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby BigDogBuford » February 27th, 2009, 6:52 pm

http://www.comcast.net/articles/news-od ... an.Attack/

Lagasse replaces pan woman used to fend off attack
3 hours ago

ELYRIA, Ohio — Chef Emeril Lagasse says he felt so bad when he heard a woman lost one of his trademark pans while warding off home intruders that he's replacing the item. Lagasse is sending 70-year-old Ellen Basinski a whole new set of his signature cookware.

She used her favorite pan to fight the intruders at her home west of Cleveland on Tuesday. Police then took it from her to be used as evidence.

Basinski was on the phone with her husband when the teens pushed their way into her home.

Her husband, Lorain County Judge David Basinski, overheard the scuffle, called 911 and raced home. Meanwhile, his wife says she grabbed the 5-quart saucepan and hit one teen, who was going through her purse.

The four were arrested. The judge said his wife was upset that her pan was seized by police.
~Jeanine

You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment at work when you know that you just aren't going to do anything productive for the rest of the day.
BigDogBuford
I love snipe hunts.

Postby SisMorphine » February 27th, 2009, 6:54 pm

You know I thought he'd do that. He was on GMA this morning as well and when they showed the clip of the pan it definitely said "Emeril" on it. LOL! Good guy :)
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine
They're like service dogs gone wrong.

Postby BigDogBuford » February 27th, 2009, 6:56 pm

SisMorphine wrote:You know I thought he'd do that. He was on GMA this morning as well and when they showed the clip of the pan it definitely said "Emeril" on it. LOL! Good guy :)

Maybe he'll be able to sell more pans if they market them as home security as well as cooking!
~Jeanine

You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment at work when you know that you just aren't going to do anything productive for the rest of the day.
BigDogBuford
I love snipe hunts.

Postby Marinepits » February 27th, 2009, 6:56 pm

Yay, Emeril!
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby iluvk9 » February 27th, 2009, 7:46 pm

Now I know what to use my frying pan or sauce pan (whatever that is) for. Self-defense.
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby Jenn » February 27th, 2009, 8:33 pm

Sucks about her losing her favorite pan :giggle:
I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not so sure....
Jenn
undecided

Postby BullyLady » February 27th, 2009, 10:46 pm

That's a granny with some SPUNK! lol
"I'm not all bad but I'm a faithful sinner."
~Dave Matthews
Cathleen
Shelby - AB Mix 1 yr - CGC
BullyLady
Proud Uber Nerd

Postby BigDogBuford » February 27th, 2009, 10:59 pm

When we first got together, Chris dropped a cast iron frying pan onto the top of my foot. All I can say is, that crap smurfing hurts.
~Jeanine

BigDogBuford
I love snipe hunts.

Postby AllAmericanPUP » February 28th, 2009, 1:15 pm

lol i saw this on the news yesterday as well. go granny!!
AllAmericanPUP
Eli's Mom

Postby airwalk » February 28th, 2009, 1:26 pm

Never, ever mess with a woman armed.
airwalk
I live here

Postby TinaMartin » March 3rd, 2009, 1:36 pm

Gives new meaning to BAM!
Not only am I a member of the Michelle says my dog is fat club I'm the president!
I can Alpha Roll hair!
TinaMartin
The Hair Whisperer

Return to All the news that's fit to print