*4/12 New Pics Added* Indy, Before and After

Here is where we can discuss canine cancers and treatment options to create a support system for those dealing with the disease.

Postby Marinepits » February 26th, 2009, 8:08 pm

The afternoon before his surgery. I don't know what he's doing, LOL, and notice Shorty's subtle attempt to force him out of his spot. He never moved. You can see that bastard tumor on his left front leg. >(

Indy the morning before his surgery, in the first sunspot to hit the house.

Home from the hospital, sleeeeeeeeeepy pup.

These are all pics of his different bandages. Dr Blabs makes hearts for the wraps. :dance: If he looks stoned in the pics, that's because he is. :wink:

I'm going to eat your Lucky handbag.

I'd like to think the girls are trying to make Indy feel better by cuddling him and keeping him warm, but I know better. Those bitches want his sunspot! (I caught Katy in mid-yawn.) Indy moved for Katy.
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby CinderDee » February 26th, 2009, 8:22 pm

He looks fantastic! The bandages are the best - love the colors! If you're not careful we'll all be moving there so we can have Dr. Blabs as our vet too. lol

I love sun pics. :heartbeat:
Dee
CinderDee
I'm The Bug Whisperer

Postby Pit♥bull » February 26th, 2009, 8:32 pm

I just wanted to clue you in..... All that 'special treatment' is going to bite you on the ass :shock: later.
Been there, done that :neener:

But we wouldn't change a thing :) :) :)

P.S. He's LOOKIN GOOD :dance:
Pit♥bull
Supremely Bully

Postby pitbullmamaliz » February 26th, 2009, 8:34 pm

I had no idea his bandages were that big and intricate. Now I understand why you can't do the bandage changes yourself. I also like the hearts, what a nice touch!

Indy looks great!
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby BigDogBuford » February 26th, 2009, 8:41 pm

Awwww....I love the pic with his high flying ears. I choose to believe the girls are just making sure he's warm. :D
~Jeanine

You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment at work when you know that you just aren't going to do anything productive for the rest of the day.
BigDogBuford
I love snipe hunts.

Postby madremissy » February 26th, 2009, 9:01 pm

What a special touch with the hearts. Did I miss something?? Did he have something removed on his back also?

He is so beautiful?
madremissy
I have a basketball and I'm not afraid to use it.

Postby cheekymunkee » February 26th, 2009, 9:07 pm

Awww I love his wraps!

Missy, he had a smaller bump removed from his back at the same time.
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby Marinepits » February 26th, 2009, 9:30 pm

CinderDee wrote: If you're not careful we'll all be moving there so we can have Dr. Blabs as our vet too. lol

NO WAY, LADY! She's all mine! :slap:

Pit$Bull wrote:I just wanted to clue you in..... All that 'special treatment' is going to bite you on the ass :shock: later.

Too late -- it already has. :rolleyes2: He's been with me 24/7 for the past nine days and pitches a FIT when I try to leave the house without him. The kitchen is ALL HIS now and he knows he's not supposed to be in there at all. He's also decided he doesn't have to listen to anybody but me. Funny enough, I'm okay with that. :giggle:

pitbullmamaliz wrote:I had no idea his bandages were that big and intricate. Now I understand why you can't do the bandage changes yourself.

Yeah, they're fairly complicated and he wouldn't sit still for 15 minutes for just me changing them -- it takes Dr Blabs to change the bandage and a tech to hold him still. I like to pretend that I'm helping, but I'm really gossiping with Dr Blabs. :dance:

BigDogBuford wrote:Awwww....I love the pic with his high flying ears. I choose to believe the girls are just making sure he's warm. :D

He only has those ears when I show him food. :crazy2: And don't let those naughty girls fool you.

madremissy wrote:Did he have something removed on his back also?

cheekymunkee wrote: he had a smaller bump removed from his back at the same time.

Yup, he did. It was biopsied and the result was benign. It originally was a very small lump, but it just never went away -- it would get bigger, then smaller, then bigger again, and it was VERY hard to the touch. When Dr Blabs removed it, the area around the bump was red and kinda angry looking, so she had to remove a much larger area.

Thank you for all the compliments on my boy! :wave2:
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby hugapitbull » February 26th, 2009, 9:36 pm

He looks fabulous! And I love his designer bandages, how cute is that. They adapt so quickly, I'm sure he will make it through his radiation with flying colors. What a sweetheart :dance:

Give him some extra special attention for me and Troubs.
Shanna & Spirit Trouble
We beat osteosarcoma - 27 months 20 days cancer free
'Spirit' Trouble departed for the Bridge 3/16/2011 a victim of aging
Visit - http://k9cancer.org

Any fool can criticize, condemn, and complain--and most fools do. ~Dale Carnegie
hugapitbull
The Better Half

Postby Marinepits » February 26th, 2009, 9:40 pm

I sure will! :D
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby Jenn » February 27th, 2009, 12:45 am

Awwww special Indy, he looks great despite the surgery I'm sure it's all the special treatment. :)
I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not so sure....
Jenn
undecided

Postby Malli » February 27th, 2009, 5:57 am

wow, that IS quite the bandage! :shock:

I love all the vetwrap colors :) I wish we had more fun colors at my work...

and of course Indy is a little trouper.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day, tomorrow doesn't look good either.
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby iluvk9 » February 27th, 2009, 7:36 am

That last photo is priceless. :loveU:

Dr. Blabs just gave me new ideas for when I vet-wrap my dogs for something! :dance: Now I have to add sparkle and glam.
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby Marinepits » February 27th, 2009, 8:44 am

I'm thinking a BeDazzler would be fun! :D

Dr Blabs had another patient who was hit by a car and the dog's toes were REALLY messed up. The dog required daily bandage changes as well and all the kids in the family would "autograph" the dog's bandage every day. And, Joyce? The dog is a Labrador. :wink:
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby Hundilein » February 27th, 2009, 9:19 am

Indy is so handsome! And I love the bandages. The hearts are such a nice touch.
Sarah and Renee - aka wild child
Hundilein
Loyally Bully

Postby iluvk9 » February 27th, 2009, 5:43 pm

Marinepits wrote:Dr Blabs had another patient who was hit by a car and the dog's toes were REALLY messed up. The dog required daily bandage changes as well and all the kids in the family would "autograph" the dog's bandage every day. And, Joyce? The dog is a Labrador. :wink:

8) Man, why didn't I think of these cool things???
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby TheRedQueen » February 27th, 2009, 5:49 pm

Awww...he looks so cute with his bandages... :mrgreen:
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

Postby ellie@ny » February 27th, 2009, 6:58 pm

Aww those bandages are too cute!He's a very lucky dog to have you two!
Great job Dr Blabs! :)
Ellie
----------------------------------------
"Winners aren't born...they're made.And they're made just like anything else...through hard work.That's the price we'll have to pay to achive that goal."
ellie@ny
Full of Bully

Postby amazincc » February 27th, 2009, 7:27 pm

I had NO idea the bandages were that huge... poor helmet boy. :shock: :sad2:

Altough - he doesn't look all that broken up about it. :giggle:

And I, too, love all the different colors, designs, and hearts!
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby AllAmericanPUP » February 27th, 2009, 7:44 pm

those bandages are too cute!
looks like he's takin it all in stride :)
AllAmericanPUP
Eli's Mom

Next

Return to Canine Cancer