I am so blind I didn't notice......

Food, Fitness and how to keep them healthy.

Postby madremissy » February 24th, 2009, 8:24 pm

So I have mentioned that Kinzyl is getting more and more comfortable exposing her belly for people to rub. She does it with me but obviously I am so blind I didn't notice it until Bristol pointed it out. :nono: I feel like a horrible mother. :oops: I thought I knew every inch of my dogs and go over them daily.
Last night Bristol was on the couch next to Kinzyl and she rolled over to let her rub her belly. (This is a first) and Brit immediately noticed that she has and extra nipple. :shock: It is on her left side in between her second nipple up from her butt. It is smaller than the rest.
My questions: :confused: Is this normal? Should I be concerned about mammory gland anything? I know I am being paranoid but I just had to ask :| . I tried to look it up but really didn't find much.
If you need a picture I will try to take one.
madremissy
I have a basketball and I'm not afraid to use it.

Postby Marinepits » February 24th, 2009, 8:29 pm

Yay! Shorty has an extra nipple, too! One of the vets I used to work for said it was "lucky", LOL. :| :D

Does it look like her other nipples?
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby madremissy » February 24th, 2009, 8:31 pm

Marinepits wrote:Yay! Shorty has an extra nipple, too! One of the vets I used to work for said it was "lucky", LOL. :| :D

Does it look like her other nipples?

Yes but is it smaller and a little lighter in color.

Ok, I have one dog with one blue eye that is supposed to bring me luck and another with an extra tit to bring me luck. You think I need to go play the lottery or something :wink:
madremissy

Postby Marinepits » February 24th, 2009, 8:32 pm

Shorty's is a little smaller, too. Her extra booby hasn't brought me any luck yet, LOL.
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby madremissy » February 24th, 2009, 8:36 pm

lol
madremissy

Postby amazincc » February 24th, 2009, 8:53 pm

At least you recognized it as a nipple, and didn't drag her to the e-vet in a panic on a Sunday afternoon to get the "tick" removed... (AFTER having poked at it a little w/your eye brow tweezers). And then repetead it w/your other dog a few years later... :rolleyes2: lol
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby madremissy » February 24th, 2009, 9:02 pm

:D
I did think that at first. :oops: :oops: Thank goodness Bristol was the one who noticed it because I DID think is was of those deer ticks when I first looked at it. I said "No Brit, it is a tick OMG. She said "No any extra nipple" It is that same color and everything. :o
madremissy

Postby CinderDee » February 24th, 2009, 10:47 pm

I did the tick thing with one of Kato's many warts. lol
Dee
CinderDee
I'm The Bug Whisperer

Postby KJS » February 25th, 2009, 1:20 pm

I have odd dogs here too...Cym has one completely missing and Doom has 3 extra...whats that even about...hes a boy and does not need them anyways :rolleyes2:
Dont breed or buy while shelter animals die!
KJS
Supremely Bully

Postby TheRedQueen » February 25th, 2009, 2:15 pm

My basset was missing a nip too...no extras here...though it's hard to say with all that fur.

Xander has a inverted nipple...poor guy. :shock:
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

Postby SisMorphine » February 25th, 2009, 4:19 pm

I once met a man with 5 nipples. No lie. He used it as his pick up line. No, he did not get a date from me because of them.
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine
They're like service dogs gone wrong.

Postby Marinepits » February 25th, 2009, 4:44 pm

:noWay:
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby TheRedQueen » February 25th, 2009, 4:46 pm

SisMorphine wrote:I once met a man with 5 nipples. No lie. He used it as his pick up line. No, he did not get a date from me because of them.

:spit:

Did you at least get a picture?
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

Postby SisMorphine » February 25th, 2009, 4:49 pm

TheRedQueen wrote:
SisMorphine wrote:I once met a man with 5 nipples. No lie. He used it as his pick up line. No, he did not get a date from me because of them.

:spit:

Did you at least get a picture?

No, I should have, though. As drunk as I was that night, I will NEVER forget the man with 5 nipples!
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine
They're like service dogs gone wrong.

Postby blabsforbullies » February 25th, 2009, 8:02 pm

Wasn't it Gaylord Focker that said you can milk anything with nipples?!?!?! :shock: :shock: Kidding.... :dance:

It isn't a big deal, but I think it is awesome that you checked into it. :hug3: Sooooo many people just don't give a crap about their pets! :shoot:

Strange, yes. :wink: Interesting board topic, sure (where else are you gonna hear about a dude with 5 nipples?!?!?! :goodStuff: ). :D But something that will be a problem in the future, NOPE!!! 8)
We have a Mastiff... does that count??? :)
http://www.teamblabador.com

Akisa & Team Blabador
blabsforbullies
Giver of the Wubba

Postby madremissy » February 25th, 2009, 8:09 pm

5 nipples :shock:
When I was trying to research online (like I am a pro at that or something) I found a girl with 3. I didn't even open it. :nono:

Thanks Doc. Now I am sifting thru Sammy's hair and tummy. His I guess you would call them inside out. Dirt always gets down in them.
madremissy

Postby iluvk9 » February 26th, 2009, 7:03 am

WHEW! I was afraid you found another one on yourself.....

:neener:
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Return to Nutrition & Health