New to the Forum

Please tell us about yourself! You will not be able to post on the rest of the board until you have posted here

Postby PatriotPits » February 22nd, 2009, 1:24 pm

Good Morning!

I wanted to introduce myself. My name is Beth Morgan and my husband and I have 6 APBTs. They are family oriented dogs and we work a few of them too. We work on supporting the breed in positive ways.

Glad to be here.

Beth Morgan
PatriotPits
Just Whelped

Postby pitbullmamaliz » February 22nd, 2009, 2:05 pm

Welcome Beth! What got you involved in the breed? And we love pictures *hint hint*. :wink:
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby Marinepits » February 22nd, 2009, 2:14 pm

Welcome and enjoy the forum, Beth! :wave2:
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby airwalk » February 22nd, 2009, 2:23 pm

Welcome to PBT!
airwalk
I live here

Postby madremissy » February 22nd, 2009, 2:39 pm

Hello and Welcome to PBT :wave2:
madremissy
I have a basketball and I'm not afraid to use it.

Postby PatriotPits » February 22nd, 2009, 5:54 pm

Thank you for the warm welcomes!

Here are some pictures of the crew...

Sammie
PatriotPits
Just Whelped

Postby PatriotPits » February 22nd, 2009, 5:55 pm

Abby
PatriotPits
Just Whelped

Postby PatriotPits » February 22nd, 2009, 5:55 pm

Dixie
PatriotPits
Just Whelped

Postby PatriotPits » February 22nd, 2009, 5:56 pm

Boomer
PatriotPits
Just Whelped

Postby PatriotPits » February 22nd, 2009, 5:59 pm

Otis
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
PatriotPits
Just Whelped

Postby PatriotPits » February 22nd, 2009, 6:06 pm

Diesel
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
PatriotPits
Just Whelped

Postby airwalk » February 22nd, 2009, 6:28 pm

What a great looking crew!
airwalk
I live here

Postby TheRedQueen » February 22nd, 2009, 7:00 pm

They're all so cute...I kept scrolling and saying to myself..."that's my favorite", then I'd see the next one and say, "that's my favorite" lol :D Great looking gang!
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

Postby pitbullmamaliz » February 22nd, 2009, 7:03 pm

"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby amazincc » February 22nd, 2009, 7:23 pm

Welcome to PBT!!! :D

I bet you have your hands full... awesome pics! :)
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby madremissy » February 22nd, 2009, 7:26 pm

TheRedQueen wrote:They're all so cute...I kept scrolling and saying to myself..."that's my favorite", then I'd see the next one and say, "that's my favorite" lol :D Great looking gang!

lol Me to. They are all gorgeous.
madremissy
I have a basketball and I'm not afraid to use it.

Postby Jenn » February 22nd, 2009, 7:46 pm

I love diesel, he looks like such a ham! Hello and welcome :wave2:
I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not so sure....
Jenn
undecided

Postby PatriotPits » February 22nd, 2009, 9:20 pm

Thank you again. I think they are all great and have their special place in this family. I am a bit biased though!

We have only been involved solely in this breed for 7 and a half years. My husband was injured in 2001 and underwent surgeries and physical therapy and a friend of our gave him a 3 week old puppy that he named Boomer for the OU Sooners. For the first year of Boomers life, no one knew if Boomer could walk because Jason would carry him everywhere! :wink: Jason was off work for 3 years and was able to spend every waking minute with Boomer and Boomer developed into the best dog we have ever had. He's the perfect pit bull in our eyes.
Boomer has the sweetest, most caring demeanor. Since Jason endured a lot of pain and physical problems, Boomer became very sensitive to people in pain. Jason would have a bad night or day and lay on the floor and Boomer would gently lay beside him, sometime putting his head on Jason and sometimes not, but always being close. When my mom met our "pit bull" she enjoyed his company. She was watching a hallmark movie and she cries easily and she started crying about the content of the movie and Boomer oh so gently eased onto the couch beside her and rested his head in her lap. Boomer has different tricks he does and loves new toys.
The next to join our family was Sammie. Jason had been at my work, with Boomer of course, and a breeder had seen how well Boomer obeyed and interacted with other patrons that he told Jason that he had an unexpected litter and would love to sell us one of their dogs. We went and looked at the pups. Immediately we were drawn to the white pup that was very vocal towards it's mother. The breeder said that no dot on the ear was needed for this pup, they just called her Head because of her mellon. She does have a Nice shaped head for a female. Sammie stayed true to her beginnings and is very vocal. When she's got something on her mind, you know about it with a mouthy reaction. She's so funny and has so much character in her face and eyebrows. Her temperment is so sweet and anytime she sees people, she just wiggles. It's like she has a joint in her stomache, her head goes one way and her hips and tail goes the other way. Sammie is a soft little soul and very tender hearted. Sammie is afraid of the sound of flies, lawn mowers, and my husband's motorcycle. She's never had a litter of pups, but goes through false pregnancies and loves tight places. She loves the wood stove and when loves when I put her rug or bed in front of the stove so she can sit close to the fire and be comfy. :D
Diesel joined our Family by way of a breeder in Arizona. He is a super sweet boy who we call buggie. He snorts at time when he's excited and also snores very loud. Diesel became a UKC confirmation champion within 2 weekend shows!!! He was a natural and would strut in the ring. He has an aura about him that just draw peoples attention. He has gone to two weightpull competition, winning his weightclass/ Ultimate Pull Male in the first competition he went to and a 2nd place in his class in the second which was the championships. He loves toys and tug of war. He loves his weightpull harness and gets so excited to work. We look forward to working towards a pull title with Diesel. He is such a ham and has a big mouth grin! :mrgreen:
Abby came to us by way of another breeder in Arizona who wanted Abby to have a really great family home. Abby was a BEAUTIFUL and muscular baby. I love her coloring. She will start her show career and we hope to attain a UKC confirmation championship on her as well. Abby loves to play and run. She will run figure 8s and our lawn now shows it! But wow she is FAST!!! Abby learned some mouthy-ness from Sammie and does this crow when she wants your attention. It's so funny! Abby had a litter of pups and was a wonderful first time mom! She was incredible. And still with two of the pups that we have who are now a year old, she's continues to be SO great to them. Abby loves to be the center of attention and her bad habit is she licks guest's toes. :crazy2:
Otis and Dixie are from Abby's litter. Otis has a cowlick on his head and his hair grows in differend directions which gives him the look of a flat top head. It looks really neat. He has the sweetest tempermant and loves to be loved on. Dixie is tiny! She is short and compact and muscluar like her momma. She is also so sweet and loves people.
That is a recap of how we got into the breed and how we got to 6. We are looking, sort of, for great homes for Otis and maybe Dixie. They are incredible dogs, but it does wear us a bit thin and it would have to be the absolute best thing for the pups or we will keep them which is fine too.
Thanks for reading!
PatriotPits
Just Whelped

Return to Introductions