need some advice.. i realize this may be touchy...

This forum is all about training and behavior. Everything from potty training to working titles!

Postby chance's mom » April 18th, 2006, 9:44 pm

so a while ago i had mentioned the house across from mine was rented out to some college guys, one of the guys has a female staffy and two little bity poodles. the staffy is dog aggressive. the guy does have other dogs play with her apparently in his house, but he says they all keep their leashes on becuase they are trying to break them of the aggression. she is very shy around new people, but very friendly to his friends who she already knows. when i take my dog out to potty, she goes nuts in there house, i can hear her. I was wondering what advise i can give him, or any help i can provide in helping him train her, they are my neighbors and for many reasons i need to help him. one obvious and huge reason is i dont want anyone getting bit by her leading to a ban on "pit bulls" in my neighborhood!!! any advise on this would help. i dont know what to do really, i cant tell the hoa they will ban all pits and i cant call the owner of the home (the guy is not supposed to have any dogs) becuase i dont know who they are! what can i do to help him get her on the right track, what can he do to work with her? he is in college so i know he hasnt got a lot of money for training. i really dont like this situation but i have no idea what to do.

any help would be appretiated.
chance's mom
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby chance's mom » April 18th, 2006, 9:46 pm

oh...one more thing. she is not spayed. i have tried and tried to get him to spay her. he said his friend got her for him and she cost a lot so he wants to breed her!!!!!!!!!!!! :| so as you can see this is really putting me in a tough spot that needs immediate attention!
chance's mom
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby chance's mom » April 19th, 2006, 6:24 pm

no one?
chance's mom
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby girlie » April 19th, 2006, 6:32 pm

You can find out who owns the house, you know the address and what county you live in......look it up in the tax appraisal records.

If you think it is necessary, contact the home owner....otherwise all you can do is offer friendly advice.
girlie
Devoutly Bully

Postby chance's mom » April 19th, 2006, 8:21 pm

pitcess wrote:You can find out who owns the house, you know the address and what county you live in......look it up in the tax appraisal records.

If you think it is necessary, contact the home owner....otherwise all you can do is offer friendly advice.

thats pretty much what this came down to. i dont want to make a scene or have them retaliate so thats what i am trying to do, is help him make her better and less aggressive. thats what i am asking for is advice becuase i dont want to lead him in the wrong direction with an aggressive dog. expecially since i am not a trainer. so i am asking for advice from anyone who has worked with aggressive dogs, what are some things i can tell him to do to work with her?
chance's mom
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby 04100824 » April 27th, 2006, 12:03 am

You could always offer references or printed material for information? Might be kinda odd, though...most people expect girlscout cookies at their door - not dog advice. There are plenty of pit bull sites with training information.

Or...you could offer to help them work with their dog yourself if you feel confident enough? :|

Or call the owner of the house.
Confident Young Bully

Return to Training & Behavior