UKC Snow pull in CT

CT, DE, DC, IN, ME, MD, MA, MI, NH, NJ, NY, OH, PA, RI, VT

Postby ellie@ny » February 12th, 2009, 8:11 pm

CONNECTICUT
NEW ENGLAND PULLERS ASSOCIATION
BARKHAMSTED (O) WPULL

Feb 21; Stephen Palinkas (Beth Jones backup) WPULL Snow-B Entries 7:30-8:30 am Pull 9 am
Feb 22; Stephen Palinkas (Beth Jones backup) WPULL Snow-A Entries 8-8:30 am Pull 9 am

DOS $25; PE $18, $15 2nd entry 2 or more dogs/both days received by February 13, 2009
Tractor Supply Company, 380 New Hartford Rd 06063; From Rt. 8- East on Rt. 44 for 1.1 miles, site is on left. From Hartford area- Exit 50 off I-84, Follow Rt. 44 approx. 24 miles, site is on right. www.newenglandpullersassociation.com

Chairperson: Douglas Hamilton (860) 434-3565 bluemoonkennel@sbcglobal.net
Event Secretary: Jane Palinkas C/O Leslie Haller, 18 Mt. Tom Rd, New Preston CT 06777 (860) 868-9729
Ellie
----------------------------------------
"Winners aren't born...they're made.And they're made just like anything else...through hard work.That's the price we'll have to pay to achive that goal."
ellie@ny
Full of Bully

Postby Leslie H » February 16th, 2009, 12:50 pm

Ellie, are you competing in this? I'll be there working.
Leslie H
Queen of Weight Pull

Postby ellie@ny » February 16th, 2009, 2:36 pm

Leslie H wrote:Ellie, are you competing in this? I'll be there working.

Of course Maya for sure,and I might gonna try out with Milo too if the conditions are OK./please don't kill me!!! He likes snow a lot so we'll see...And I forgot to PE... :crazy2:
Ellie
"Winners aren't born...they're made.And they're made just like anything else...through hard work.That's the price we'll have to pay to achive that goal."
ellie@ny
Full of Bully

Postby Leslie H » February 16th, 2009, 9:14 pm

Hey, I should be encouraging you to pull the heck out of Milo. He's an amazing dog, and he's got a ton of potential. The track there has never been easy, and the dog needs to really hit it to break it loose. I think it's alot to ask of a fairly green dog. If you're just looking for a qualifying pull, I think all he needs is the empty 200# sled. He'll be one of the first, if not the first, to pull, so the track won't be warm and starting to break down. But, you won't know how the track is pulling. He probably won't have any problem w/the empty sled, but it will change dramatically after that I think.

OK, do you feel guilty now?
Leslie H
Queen of Weight Pull

Postby ellie@ny » February 16th, 2009, 11:10 pm

Leslie H wrote:Hey, I should be encouraging you to pull the heck out of Milo. He's an amazing dog, and he's got a ton of potential. The track there has never been easy, and the dog needs to really hit it to break it loose. I think it's alot to ask of a fairly green dog. If you're just looking for a qualifying pull, I think all he needs is the empty 200# sled. He'll be one of the first, if not the first, to pull, so the track won't be warm and starting to break down. But, you won't know how the track is pulling. He probably won't have any problem w/the empty sled, but it will change dramatically after that I think.

OK, do you feel guilty now?

I will let him to pull the empty one and we'll go from there.If he would hesitate,I ask for help in that second and make it fun for him.But I do want to try it out damn it. :D
I mean people told me not to pull Maya in snow either,and she loved it,and did pretty well. :wink:
I take it as a training session only,not a competition.
BTW do you have any hotel-motel recommendations?I looked around,and everything is at least a half an hour away,or hotels with no dogs policies... :| Or can we put up a tent in that parking lot? :giggle:
Ellie
ellie@ny
Full of Bully

Postby Leslie H » February 17th, 2009, 9:05 pm

All the nearby hotels I know of are either dives, or don't allow dogs.
There is a very nice bed and breakfast, the Mary Stuart House in Goshen, about half an hour away that is dog friendly.
http://www.marystuarthouse.com/
You can tell her you were sent by Leslie Haller w/the Pit Bull club. I've never stayed there, but I've joined in breakfasts there. Dog friendly, reasonably priced. It's all main roads, you just shoot down route 4 to Route 8.
Leslie H
Queen of Weight Pull

Postby ellie@ny » February 19th, 2009, 9:14 am

Thanks Leslie,but I already reserved a room at M6, 46$ you can't beat that. :)
See you there Saturday morning!
Ellie
ellie@ny
Full of Bully

Return to North East