Found in Tacoma, blue brindle female pit mix

Postby Violet » February 15th, 2009, 7:26 pm

Surely someone owns this girl who is currently alternating between trying to dig her way out of my dog run and howling. Much to my husbands displeasure.

She is on the chunky side, Is very clean and appears pretty well taken care of. Knows some comands and is VERY sweet. Probably 3/4 years old. Seems to be spayed. No collar/tags of course. And no chip. Please pass her around!!! I need her to go HOME! Found near south 38th and Alaska in Tacoma. Followed some kids to church and the pastor who knows me, brought her to my house. lol
Violet
Loyally Bully

Postby iluvk9 » February 15th, 2009, 7:37 pm

She is really cute. :giggle:
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby airwalk » February 15th, 2009, 8:47 pm

Ah, now there's my favorite Pit Bull rescue doing what she does best!!! Good luck, hopefully there's an owner looking.
airwalk
I live here

Postby Violet » February 16th, 2009, 2:21 am

airwalk wrote:Ah, now there's my favorite Pit Bull rescue doing what she does best!!! Good luck, hopefully there's an owner looking.

you know..im trying to take a break from pit bulls as fosters. :rolleyes2: its working out real wel. Its been what, two weeks?

Cowgirl wants to freaking kill her, though. :nono: should make life interesting around here. :crazy2:
Violet
Loyally Bully

Postby Malli » February 16th, 2009, 4:43 am

not my princess Cowgirl!? :bs: she couldn't have. :|

she is cute in a funny looking way :lol3:
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day, tomorrow doesn't look good either.
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby iluvk9 » February 16th, 2009, 8:54 am

Malli wrote:she is cute in a funny looking way :lol3:

Said the woman with a strange avatar....
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby Malli » February 16th, 2009, 2:35 pm

:neener:

it takes like 1/2 hr to change it!! Thats a lot of time for such a simple task!!
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day, tomorrow doesn't look good either.
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby Violet » February 16th, 2009, 3:21 pm

Well..cute as she is, she is going to the shlter when it reopens tomorrow if I cannot find her owner today. She dug out of my kennel which put her loose in my back yard. (only one of my kennels has a floor. The other one is a temporary pen that I move arund the yard so, no floor) She wants to eat my cats like, hang on to your hat cause she's gonna blow, and she is also totally non dog friendly. None of which are bad things except it means I cannot keep my pack safe. And I won't risk them. So pray her owners are looking for her today.
Violet
Loyally Bully

Postby iluvk9 » February 16th, 2009, 6:09 pm

Wishes of good luck sent her way!
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby airwalk » February 16th, 2009, 7:16 pm

Now see you were disparaging Cowgirl and all she was trying to do was let you know..this girlie cannot stay!

Good luck!
airwalk
I live here

Postby Violet » February 16th, 2009, 7:27 pm

airwalk wrote:Now see you were disparaging Cowgirl and all she was trying to do was let you know..this girlie cannot stay!

Good luck!

lol I don't blame Cowgirl at all for her reaction. It sucks, though, because this dog is SOOOOO damn sweet.but I cannot and will not leave myself in the position to fear for my packs safety. I have secured the pen best as I can and moved another partial kennel so it is double fenced. I had some scrap plywood I used under the kennel panels so she should not be able to dig out now. She would have to literally dig a tunnel. But the hole she got out from was pretty damned impressive. So I wouldn't put a tunnel past her. :nono: I just cannot have an animal on my property that is actively trying to get to the rest of them. Now I just have to cope with the guilt as I have NEVER taken an animal TO the shelter. :cry:
Violet
Loyally Bully

Postby airwalk » February 16th, 2009, 8:30 pm

You already know this...but unfortunately, we cannot save them all. We save everyone we can, mourn the ones we can't and remember, we did not create the situation, we are simply trying to clean it up in the best and most humane manner available to us.

You haven't had a dog with level of drive in a long time...can you imagine how high the fur would fly if she got ahold of Keto? I'm thinking she would have a very short life span when your hub got ahold of her.
airwalk
I live here

Postby Violet » February 16th, 2009, 8:51 pm

yeah I know, i know..doesnt hlep much. Im just praying her owner goes and claims her. I put fliers up in the area I think she came from. And have her on craigslist and petfinder. its the best I can do this time.
Violet
Loyally Bully

Postby Malli » February 17th, 2009, 4:53 am

totally DO NOT feel guilty Vi.
Your only commitment is to the pets that you have taken on with the knowlege that you can keep them safe and provide them with what they need to live healthy and comfortably. It is impossible to save them all and she is (sweet or not) not your responsibility, particularly when her issues are so substantial.

The only way I could currently have a second dog is short term. I can't take in any as foster or permanently, at all. You have done so much for so many, and everyone has limits.

:hug3:
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby Violet » February 17th, 2009, 1:33 pm

well..she woke me up howling at 6 am after my insomniac self had only fallen to sleep at 5. >( that certainly makes it easier. Wish her luck guys. She really is a sweetie. And honestly..if id been able to convince her the crate was not the scourge of the devil i would have figured a way to let her stay longer. But..was not to be. I just hope her people are looking for her.
Violet
Loyally Bully

Postby Violet » February 17th, 2009, 3:46 pm

Well! Her name is Zoe, she is 4 years old, she is spayed, and her owners had been at the shelter about an hour before me filling out a missing dog report. I never even left her there. I was able to take her home. She lives about 20 blocks away from me! Her owners had even stayed home from work today to look for her. :confetti:
Violet
Loyally Bully

Postby Mickle » February 17th, 2009, 3:52 pm

Yay!!
Liisa
Sticking feathers up your butt does not make you a chicken
Mickle
Loyally Bully

Postby Malli » February 17th, 2009, 3:53 pm

:bounce:

thats AWESOME!! :) :)
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby Violet » February 17th, 2009, 4:01 pm

the SAD part is..she is chipped. And I could have had her home Sunday if it wasnt for my aversion to the e clinic :oops: but there was no place else to have her scanned with the holiday weekend.
Violet
Loyally Bully

Postby Jenn » February 17th, 2009, 5:12 pm

Glad she is going home!!
I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not so sure....
Jenn
undecided

Next

Return to Rescue