I Need Help/Information On Transporting My Dogs

This is where to talk about Pit Bulls!

Postby a-bull » April 18th, 2006, 7:24 pm

and I can't accuse her of being dense either, because I have NO IDEA what that puzzle in her signature area. :noWay:
DISCLAIMER:

My posts are my own opinions unless otherwise stated. They are not necessarily correct for all dogs or all owners.
a-bull
I live here

Postby girlie » April 18th, 2006, 7:29 pm

Purple wrote:
a-bull wrote:No caddy with horns?? Disappointing . . . :(

Not a real Texan....ba humbug...

I didn't say anything about a General Lee replica with the dixie horn....now that bad boy i would own!!
girlie
Devoutly Bully

Postby cheekymunkee » April 18th, 2006, 7:36 pm

My uncle had a caddy with horns.........but he lived in Virginia. I was a cheerleader in middle school & my freshman year before I discovered sex, drugs & rock & roll. I say ya'll, fixin' to, I drink coke ( no matter what the flavor) and I push my groceries in a buggy and a remote is a clicker.
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby pitbullski » April 18th, 2006, 9:20 pm

Thanks everyone for your suggestions, I have good news!!!!

I happen to talk with a friend of mine who owns a business. They are traveling to Lubbock to pick up some merchandise about the time we are moving! They have the size van that we need. We will pay for half of the cost going down there. What a relief!!!!

I will be sure to carry all of their certificates, proof of shots & rabies. Luckily, last month we had to kennel everyone so we are up to date.

The whole intention was to move the 3 dogs in crates, my house plants, some household goods & our futon to use until our moving van arrived. Some of the moving companies we talked to, said it would take about 4 days to 4 weeks before delivering our furniture.

If I-44 is not under construction we will travel through Springfield (at night); otherwise we'll travel to Memphis & head thru Arkansas. My brother-in-law is a trucker & he gave us the scoop on this. We usually stop in Springfield to gass up & eat but there are other towns on either side of the city that we are going to stop at. They don't want my dogs, they can't have my business.

I did get one thing wrong on the rental. They won't rent to cargo vans to individuals; only companys. The company has to show proof that they are a business & they are only allowed to travel the city & county of St Louis & Jeffeson county where the rental place is located.

My husband is blonde & he's a Texan. He doesn't have big hair because his head is a little shiny! He's never been a cheerleader but he'd whistle at one. We have steer horns & I made him promise to get me one BIG, old Caddy (a BIG Eldorado!!!!) to put the horns on!

I love Texas but I notice they fry everything: Snickers, Twinkies, Moon Pies (!), etc. I'm still trying figure out "Chicken Fried Chicken". Battered chicken that is fried, is Fried Chicken. I won't even discuss "Chicken Fried Steak".

cheekymunkee: do you put your groceries in a bag or a sack?
pitbullski
Just Whelped

Postby cheekymunkee » April 18th, 2006, 9:35 pm

It's a sack. Be careful what you say about the Chicken Fried Steak.......it's sacred. Are you moving to Lubbock?
Last edited by cheekymunkee on April 18th, 2006, 9:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby Purple » April 18th, 2006, 9:36 pm

We put our groceries in a cart, and then a bag. My remote is a flicker.
Purple
I live here

Postby cheekymunkee » April 18th, 2006, 9:38 pm

Sofa, couch or divan?

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby mnp13 » April 18th, 2006, 9:40 pm

clicker, bag, couch, soda
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby Purple » April 18th, 2006, 9:40 pm

Couch.

Purse, pocketbook or bag?
Purple
I live here

Postby cheekymunkee » April 18th, 2006, 9:46 pm

bag, pocket book goes in the bag.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby cheekymunkee » April 18th, 2006, 9:47 pm

Oh and it's sofa. :wink:

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby mnp13 » April 18th, 2006, 10:11 pm

can this thread go any more off topic? :rolleyes2:
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby pitbullski » April 18th, 2006, 10:22 pm

I guess it can, but it is sure good to have a nice laugh after a big scare like that!

I can't say much about Chicken Fried Steak. My husband loves it. He can't hardly find it in St Louis, so he's glad he's moving to Lubbock so that he can eat his steaks.

As for what do you call them:
groceries in bags & a cart, my remote ... chewed!
Couch, purse, & pocket book is a wallet (both men & women)

When I was in OK, I got a big lecture from a clerk about asking for a bag instead of a sack. Check the dictionary for the definitions!
pitbullski
Just Whelped

Postby pitbullmamaliz » April 18th, 2006, 10:33 pm

Pitbullski, I just want to say thank you for making the effort to take your dogs with you. Too many people would've just dumped them instead of dealing with the hassle. So: :bowDown:
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby cheekymunkee » April 18th, 2006, 10:44 pm

You're gonna hate Lubbock. :(

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby pitbullski » April 18th, 2006, 11:39 pm

pitbullmamaliz - thanks for the compliment. I now have some understanding on how hard it is on people & why people give up their dogs when they move. I rescued these dogs a long time ago, & their forever home is with me! I always said that, "I'd rather live in a cardboard box with my dogs than live in a mansion without them!"

cheekymonkee - You should live in St Louis for awhile. The place is over crowded, people are beyond rude & the little towns in the area are passing BSL. They are tearing up the country side to build houses that most people can't afford, unless both people work several jobs just to have the house!

Luckily, I was just in Lubbock when they had one of their dust storms & windy weather. I figure I'd just stay inside with a dust cloth handy.

Here's the top 10 reasons why I already love Lubbock:

10. The view & sunsets are spectacular.

9. Even in rush hour traffic, you are 20 minutes away from anywhere.
In St Louis, a 20 min drive turns into 1 1/2 hours!

8. You can wear cowboy boots & hats without being stared at.

7. People are friendly there.

6. The Barbeque is better there.

5. I own a 1/4 acre lot & a house. I live in a 16 x 80 ft trailer right now.
I couldn't have afforded this house in St Louis.

4. I have most of it fenced for my dogs. I don't have a fence right now.

3. I can walk my dogs in the neighborhood without being harassed.

2. It has 3 SUPER(!) Wal-marts, several Dollar stores, thrift stores &
a Big Lots.

And the #1 reason:

1. A Pit Bull is just a dog there!!!!

My husband called Animal Control to see if they had any BSL. The
lady said that she never heard of that before & couldn't understand
why they would have that!
pitbullski
Just Whelped

Postby Hoyden » April 18th, 2006, 11:47 pm

pitbullski - I'm glad everything worked out and there is NO BSL in Lubbock.

Groceries go in a wagon then into paper or plastic.
Purse, pocketbook or bag? Neither - it's a bottomless pit.
Remote = buttons
Couch, sofa or divan? Couch or dog bed.
Moral courage is the most valuable and usually the most absent characteristic in men ~ General George S. Patton, Jr.

She taking all the stars down from her sky to hang them up someplace new, where there's better weather and the sky's a different blue. ~ Autumn Fields
Hoyden
Collar Queen

Postby cheekymunkee » April 18th, 2006, 11:57 pm

Yep, that's how it is in MOST places in Texas. That is why I never plan to never leave. Welcome to Texas & if you ever make it up to Dallas let me know!

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby Carla » April 19th, 2006, 12:12 am

pitbullski wrote:And the #1 reason:

Still, there seems to be an element in every city that think it would be cool to steal one. Don't let your guard down when it comes to the theft thing....

Your dogs are probably indoor dogs? Just be aware that it will probably be hotter here and your dogs will have to acclimate, if you do any running, etc with them....

Carla
Carla
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby pitbullski » April 19th, 2006, 1:18 am

cheekymonkee - I'll let you know. We are already planning to go to concerts there & hit the huge flea market.

carla - I've always been cautious about someone stealing my dogs. Even though I will have a 6 ft fence, I'll watch them when they go outside. I know I'll have to watch them to make sure that they don't tangle with rattle snakes or scorpions. We're going to keep a snake bite kit handy. There are praire dogs nearby & I'll have to make sure that they don't come into my yard because they carry rabbit fever & fleas.

As for the heat, if it's too hot for me & I'm cold natured; it's definitely too hot for them. I'll walk (no running for me!) my dogs either in the early morning or late evening when it's cooler outside. I guess if it gets too bad, I can get a treadmill that we all can use!
pitbullski
Just Whelped

PreviousNext

Return to Pit Bull Talk