Custom acrylic pet portraits.

Have a Bully related CafePress store? Do you make or sell dog products? Let us know so we can shop there! Posting animals for sale is against board policy

Postby Libby » February 12th, 2009, 3:09 am

Just thought I'd offer these up here :)

I do custom pet portraits. They are painted on 8X12 square, or 8x10 oval slabs of pine, and I can put hooks on them so you can hang your leashes and collars on them.

Heres a couple examples of what I've done.

If you want to see more examples, just ask.

I charge $30 per painting, and $14 shipping and handling. They are mailed Priority, with insurance. It generally takes me two weeks per painting.

They are sprayed with a protective glaze, that gives them a nice shine and prevents chipping.

Payment methods I accept are Paypal, MO or checks :)

If you have any questions, please ask!

Libby
Love me, Love my dogs.
Libby
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby cheekymunkee » February 12th, 2009, 6:09 pm

I didnt know you are an artist! Those are great!
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby Libby » February 12th, 2009, 9:56 pm

Lol, I dabble. Thank you!

Libby
Love me, Love my dogs.
Libby
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby SisMorphine » February 13th, 2009, 9:20 am

Very cool!!

If I remember correctly, weren't you doing clay dogs at one point or another as well?
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine
They're like service dogs gone wrong.

Postby Libby » February 13th, 2009, 3:37 pm

Thank you :)

Yeah, I was doing Sculpey sculpture things. I was having problems with the paint and glaze, though. I tried several different brands of paint, and different glazes--I even tried a different form of Sculpey. For some reason they were turning tacky.

Heres some of the ones that didn't turn tacky :rolleyes2:

I think it might have been weather/humidity problems, really. They were fine when I was doing them in late summer/fall, but it seems that once it started getting cold is when I started having problems. I thought about trying them again this summer, since I have all the acrylic paints and stuff....but I don't know. I'd have to play around with them alot and see if I run into the same problems.

Anyway.

Libby
Love me, Love my dogs.
Libby
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby Libby » February 15th, 2009, 1:17 am

Guess who! :dance:

There is actually more detail on it then is shown--the flash ate some of the shading lol I need to get a better lighting system.

Libby
Love me, Love my dogs.
Libby
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Return to Marketplace