Schumer: American People Don't Care About "Pork"

Postby Marinepits » February 10th, 2009, 6:20 pm

http://www.nypost.com/seven/02102009/ne ... 154427.htm

POST STAFF REPORT

Last updated: 4:01 pm
February 10, 2009
Posted: 1:26 pm
February 10, 2009

What's wrong with a little pork in a more than $800 billion economic stimulus bill?

That's apparently the stance taken by Democratic Sen. Chuck Schumer.

"And let me say this to all of the chattering class that so much focuses on those little, tiny, yes, porky amendments, the American people really don't care," Schumer said on the Senate floor. "The American people care far more that there's a proposal in the bill, this one I pushed, that gives a $2,500 credit to families who pay tuition to put their kids through college. Great relief.

"They care far more about that than about some small provision in the bill that shouldn't be there because the tax relief from tuition costs that they're going to get means far more to them. They care more about a provision that keeps the teachers in their schools."

The Senate today passed the its version of the bill. Now Congress will have to merge the House and Senate versions.

Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid has promised that Congress will get a final version to President Obama "as soon as possible."

:doh: :nono:

Hmmmm, let's see. Less pork = less we have to pay for this bailout. I care about "pork".

Oh, and keep patting yourself on the back, there, Chuck. :rolleyes2:
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby Jenn » February 10th, 2009, 8:49 pm

:nono:
I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not so sure....
Jenn
undecided

Postby amazincc » February 10th, 2009, 9:34 pm

I hate pork. In any way, shape, or form. :rolleyes2:
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby Marinepits » February 10th, 2009, 9:41 pm

Funny enough, I like a good pork roast rolled in chopped roasted garlic and cooked on the outdoor grill. :|
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby amazincc » February 10th, 2009, 9:43 pm

Well, dammit... THAT sounds good! And now I'm hungry. :shock: >(
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Return to All the news that's fit to print