Re-introducing myself!

Please tell us about yourself! You will not be able to post on the rest of the board until you have posted here

Postby Libby » February 9th, 2009, 1:41 am

Hey guys. I'm already a member, but its been ages since I've posted on here. So, I figured I might start off with a re-introduction of myself!

My name is Libby, I live in a semi-beautiful but very un-dogfriendly part of New Mexico (where it is having the nerve to SNOW right now, after two weeks of beautiful, 65 degree sunshiney weather!), with four dogs of my own, and one foster dog.

I love dogs in general, but American Pit Bull Terriers (and mixes there of) are one of my passions.

I have one APBT, Gypsy, who is about 4.5 years old, CGC certified, a novice in Schutzhund (like owner like dog, right?), and the love of my life. I've had Gypsy since she was 9 weeks old, and every day has been a blast.....well, there were a few days that weren't so great, but generally speaking..... :wink:

Then there is Mexico, my (I'm guessing) Lab/Anotolian Shepherd cross. She is about three years old now, and mostly a stay at home girl. She is very shy, and doesn't like to meet new people very much. She is very smart, and loves to run run run. Her favorite thing is running, in fact. I found Mexi on the road in Zuni, NM when she was around 12 weeks old. It was a battle getting her to where she is now, and I wouldn't trade her for the world.

Next is Umah, my 18 month old German Shepherd Dog. I bought Umah from a nice breeder in Oregon. She was bought as a companion, but she comes from really great working line dogs. We are hoping to get her BH in the spring, and then her CGC sometime this summer (she has some issues with meeting other dogs....and leash manners!). She is a very intelligent dog, and sometimes she likes to butt heads with me...but, I do believe if she didn't, she wouldn't be much of a shepherd! I am very, very happy with how she is turning out.

Last, but never least, is Marsha. She is 4 or 5 years old, and what I believe to be a Shar Pei/Chihuahua/possibly some Pit Bull Terrier. I adopted Marsha from the Animal Control in Gallup, NM several months ago. She was a special case when I adopted her--she hated kids, was terrified of men, and did NOT like to meet anyone--period. She had been beat up by the people and the dogs in her old "family". I had to bribe her with cookies and visits every day until I could take her home! Now, near abouts 4 or 5 months later, she is a nice little dog. I can have my nieces over, people can visit, and she is ok with the men in my family, lol. I had originally adopted her to find her a suitable home....but, little did I know she had other plans!

And my foster kid, Alexis. Alexis is about a year old, give or take a few months. I think she is a Border Collie/Great Pyranese mix, but she is a reservation dog, so who knows. She is a really sweet dog, but timid. She is also sharply intelligent and really likes to be around the people she knows, and loves to go jogging, running, and hiking. She is a goofy girl, too, with a need to amuse her people. I really need to take some new pictures of her, lol.

Well, if you want to know anything I might have left out, please ask!

Libby
Love me, Love my dogs.
Libby
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby CinderDee » February 9th, 2009, 3:04 am

Hi Libby,

It's good to see you here! :)
Dee
CinderDee
I'm The Bug Whisperer

Postby KJS » February 9th, 2009, 3:15 am

Hi there...glad you came back to the fold and can I just say

Oh Marsha,Marsha,Marsha...those ears are THE BEST EVER!!!!! :mrgreen:
Dont breed or buy while shelter animals die!
KJS
Supremely Bully

Postby pitbullmamaliz » February 9th, 2009, 9:08 am

Welcome back! :wave:

What a great intro! And goodness Marsha is unique-looking. How much does she weigh?

Great looking family you have. :)
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby Marinepits » February 9th, 2009, 9:55 am

Glad to see you here! :wave2:
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby cheekymunkee » February 9th, 2009, 1:51 pm

Hey kid! Glad you stopped by! Make yourself at home & dont be a stranger!!
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby Libby » February 9th, 2009, 2:10 pm

Thanks guys :)

pitbullmammaliz, Marsha weighs 20 pounds.

Libby
Love me, Love my dogs.
Libby
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby amazincc » February 9th, 2009, 2:25 pm

Welcome back!!! :wave2:

Your crew looks awesome. :heartbeat:
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby TheRedQueen » February 9th, 2009, 4:54 pm

Hi! :wave2: Welcome back!

I love your varied crew...so cute!

Your foster looks a lot like a dog I know...though she's got a tan saddle too...she's Great Pyr/St. Bernard. :)
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

Postby iluvk9 » February 9th, 2009, 6:53 pm

Welcome back Libby! :wave2:
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby Wyldmoonwoman » February 10th, 2009, 6:26 am

Welcome back!
"If I were not a man, I would like to be a bird. As I am a man, I do the next best thing, and ride a bicycle." -- Rev. Maltie, a cyclist in the late 1800s
Wyldmoonwoman
Full of Bully

Postby BullyLady » February 14th, 2009, 4:11 pm

Hey neighbor!! :wave2: I looooooove Marsha she is so cute! And Gypsy's brindle is beautiful.
"I'm not all bad but I'm a faithful sinner."
~Dave Matthews
Cathleen
Shelby - AB Mix 1 yr - CGC
BullyLady
Proud Uber Nerd

Return to Introductions