A Wake for an Indian Warrior

Postby Marinepits » February 5th, 2009, 9:59 pm

Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby madremissy » February 6th, 2009, 12:16 am

Absolutely beautiful Jenifer.
I have been to an Indian wake before. Travis's grandmother was 100% Cherokee. The utmost respect is given to the dead. It is the most inspiring service I have ever seen in my entire life.
madremissy
I have a basketball and I'm not afraid to use it.

Postby DemoDick » February 6th, 2009, 12:21 am

Of any ethnic minority, Indians have the most legitimate gripe against the American government and culture. Interesting that they also have the highest per capita military service rate of any minority. We could all learn a thing or to about stoicism and honor from them.

Demo Dick
"My first priority will be to reinstate the assault weapons ban PERMANENTLY as soon as I take office...I intend to work with Congress on a national no carry law, 1 gun a month purchase limits, and bans on all semi-automatic guns."-Barack Obama
"When in doubt, whip it out."-Nuge
DemoDick
They Like to Fondle My Gun

Postby madremissy » February 6th, 2009, 12:25 am

DemoDick wrote:Of any ethnic minority, Indians have the most legitimate gripe against the American government and culture. Interesting that they also have the highest per capita military service rate of any minority. We could all learn a thing or to about stoicism and honor from them.

Demo Dick

I agree Demo, 100%.
madremissy
I have a basketball and I'm not afraid to use it.

Postby Marinepits » February 6th, 2009, 12:30 am

I agree, too.
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby CinderDee » February 6th, 2009, 1:35 am

That was beautiful.
Dee
CinderDee
I'm The Bug Whisperer

Return to All the news that's fit to print