Cops Pull Over Boom Lift-At 3am

Postby BigDogBuford » January 30th, 2009, 5:30 pm

http://www.komonews.com/news/local/38707632.html

MOUNTLAKE TERRACE, Wash. (AP) - Police say the man driving a piece of construction lift equipment down a Mountlake Terrace street at 3 in the morning apparently had been drinking.

The 29-year-old Lynnwood man was in the lift bucket of the Genie boom early Thursday with an unopened six-pack of beer and a bag of beef jerky when police pulled the vehicle over.

He was jailed for investigation of theft.

The Everett Herald reports the lift apparently had been taken from a construction site.
~Jeanine

You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment at work when you know that you just aren't going to do anything productive for the rest of the day.
BigDogBuford
I love snipe hunts.

Postby iluvk9 » January 31st, 2009, 10:57 am

Geez....If I am going to steal a vehicle it is going to be a Porche.
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby BigDogBuford » January 31st, 2009, 11:48 am

iluvk9 wrote:Geez....If I am going to steal a vehicle it is going to be a Porche.

I dunno......a six pack of beer and beef jerky just scream construction equipment to me. :|
~Jeanine

You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment at work when you know that you just aren't going to do anything productive for the rest of the day.
BigDogBuford
I love snipe hunts.

Postby TheRedQueen » January 31st, 2009, 12:08 pm

This story just makes me laugh and laugh... :| I love the beef jerky...just love it.
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

Postby BigDogBuford » January 31st, 2009, 12:29 pm

TheRedQueen wrote:This story just makes me laugh and laugh... :| I love the beef jerky...just love it.

Me too. He's really just a drunk guy trying to hitch a lift so he can enjoy his beef jerky......
~Jeanine

BigDogBuford
I love snipe hunts.

Return to All the news that's fit to print