Buffalo Wing Sauce Spill Shuts Down City Street

Postby Marinepits » January 29th, 2009, 3:07 pm

Video on webpage: http://www.newstimes.com/ci_11557716?source=most_viewed

I've been to this restaurant dozens of times and they have The Best Sauce Evah!

Massive Buffalo wing sauce spill shuts down Fairfield street
By GENEVIEVE REILLY
Staff writer
Posted: 01/26/2009 06:16:16 PM EST

A massive spill of Buffalo chicken wing sauce shut down a Fairfield road in front of the famous Archie Moore's restaurant Monday.

FAIRFIELD - Nobody was able to cross the road Monday afternoon in front of Archie Moore's restaurant after 200 gallons of chicken wing sauce spilled onto Sanford Street.

The street was closed several hours after the 1:30 p.m. spill as the state Haz-mat team was dispatched to the scene.

Chicken wings are a signature item on the restaurant's menu and four large barrels of sauce for the spicy concoction were being delivered by Estes Express Line. As the truck driver was pushing a barrel toward the open truck door, it tipped over and spilled into the street, right in front of the restaurant.

"There's sauce everywhere," Perez said. "It's halfway across the street."

He said firefighters put a drying agent on the street's surface to keep the sauce from spreading as officials waited for the Haz-mat squad to arrive.

By late afternoon, the trucking company hired a cleaning crew to help with the mop up, but grease in the sauce combined with the cold made the operation difficult, said Dennis Schain, spokesman for the state Department of Environmental Protection.

Meanwhile, four patrons of Saint Tropez restaurant, next to Archie Moore's, couldn't get to their car, which was engulfed by sauce, Perez said. They asked Archie Moore's to pay for a car wash, but were referred to Estes Express Line.

"The trucking company was going to pay to have their car cleaned," said Mary Fleming, an employee at Archie Moore's, "so when I went back out to tell them that, they told me [Saint Tropez] had already given them the money."

Fleming said the restaurant's manager began making phone calls soon after the mishap to order more sauce. "That was four barrels we just lost," Fleming said. "We would need all of that sauce for Super Bowl Sunday."
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby Jenn » January 29th, 2009, 3:14 pm

Haz-mat squad to arrive

:noWay: What the hell is in that sauce!!
I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not so sure....
Jenn
undecided

Postby jmashaney » January 29th, 2009, 3:16 pm

OMG, quick, somebody gimme a straw.
jmashaney
Confident Young Bully

Postby DemoDick » January 29th, 2009, 3:37 pm

Year s ago there was a similar crash in Missoula, MT. Chocolate chip truck vs. rendering truck...full of roadkill.

Demo Dick
"My first priority will be to reinstate the assault weapons ban PERMANENTLY as soon as I take office...I intend to work with Congress on a national no carry law, 1 gun a month purchase limits, and bans on all semi-automatic guns."-Barack Obama
"When in doubt, whip it out."-Nuge
DemoDick
They Like to Fondle My Gun

Postby Marinepits » January 29th, 2009, 3:49 pm

:noWay: :puke:
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby lellis34 » January 29th, 2009, 3:54 pm

DemoDick wrote:Year s ago there was a similar crash in Missoula, MT. Chocolate chip truck vs. rendering truck...full of roadkill.

Demo Dick

YUM, choco chip venison cookies.

I wonder what the concentration of vinegar and peppers was in this sauce. Some of that even in small doses can make your nose burn & your eyes water.
Ming Ming: “celery is great after a good pee”
Tuck: “you can say that again”
Ming Ming: “celery is great after a good pee”
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vW-ZxcPE33w
lellis34
Bull Meister

Postby Marinepits » January 29th, 2009, 4:16 pm

lellis34 wrote:I wonder what the concentration of vinegar and peppers was in this sauce. Some of that even in small doses can make your nose burn & your eyes water.

If it was their hottest sauce, yeah that would hurt. :shock:
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby Pit♥bull » January 29th, 2009, 4:34 pm

I love the "real deal" from the Anchor bar and grill in Buffalo, we go out of our way each trip in that area just to have their killer wings.
:fire:
Pit♥bull
Supremely Bully

Postby mnp13 » January 29th, 2009, 4:36 pm

Pit$Bull wrote:I love the "real deal" from the Anchor bar and grill in Buffalo, we go out of our way each trip in that area just to have their killer wings.
:fire:

the Anchor Bar is AWESOME!
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Return to All the news that's fit to print