Gomer and Kenny

Postby maberi » January 17th, 2009, 6:41 pm

Kenny came "home" today. He is without a doubt one of the most affectionate and gentle dogs I have ever met. He is a little weary of things in the house (fridge, fireplace, etc...) but I can't blame him since he has been stuck in a shelter 24/7 for the past 4 months. He is the perfect size (about 42 lbs but solid as a rock even with 0 exercise and the crappy kibble).

I was worried we would have to work on crate training but once he goes in he doesn't make a peep and was quiet as a mouse on the way home today as well.

Once he has had a few days to settle in we will test him with Karma to see how he does with females. Kenny has been upstairs with Heidi and Karma has been sitting outside the door for the past 2 hours. She LOVES other dogs so hopefully Kenny will pass his test with her.
Look beyond what your own eyes see
maberi
I Save My Empty Calories For The Bottle

Postby pitbullmamaliz » January 17th, 2009, 6:43 pm

We need more pictures, Matt.
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby maberi » January 17th, 2009, 6:46 pm

I'll get some of him tomorrow. I figure his brain is on overload today with all of the new sights, sounds and smells so I figure sticking a camera in his face today wasn't a good idea. I'll definitely get some of him tomorrow after a good night's sleep.
maberi

Postby Marinepits » January 17th, 2009, 7:09 pm

Fingers crossed that all goes REALLY well!

(Psssst! I have FIVE dogs. You could easily handle four. :wink: )
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby maberi » January 17th, 2009, 7:20 pm

3 males? No thanks

It took me 2 months before I could get Earl to the point where he wasn't trying to kill Kayden (he tends to pick a fight with the wrong dog) :|
maberi

Postby Marinepits » January 17th, 2009, 7:25 pm

I have three males. :dance:
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby maberi » January 17th, 2009, 7:28 pm

:tmi:
maberi

Postby airwalk » January 17th, 2009, 7:29 pm

Yeah Matt..don't tell me you're going to let a girl beat you?
airwalk
I live here

Postby Marinepits » January 17th, 2009, 7:41 pm

:box:
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby Hoyden » January 17th, 2009, 8:18 pm

Okay, you HAVE to keep us updated on Kenny. I've already cross posted your post to my journal.

If Kenny is as super laid back as Birdie is, then I have someone in mind that may be a perfect match for him. They love how laid back Birdie is and keep threatening to dog nap her from me.
Moral courage is the most valuable and usually the most absent characteristic in men ~ General George S. Patton, Jr.

She taking all the stars down from her sky to hang them up someplace new, where there's better weather and the sky's a different blue. ~ Autumn Fields
Hoyden
Collar Queen

Postby KJS » January 18th, 2009, 6:37 am

Marinepits wrote:I have three males. :dance:

I see your three and raise you one :mrgreen:
Dont breed or buy while shelter animals die!
KJS
Supremely Bully

Postby LMM » January 18th, 2009, 5:38 pm

I cannot wait to see how he does with Karma and of course see some pics of this handsome sweetie!

Oh and I have 3 females.3.FEMALES.DUDE
If I can handle three bitches, you can certainly handle 3 dudes ;)
LMM
I'll Kick Your Ass

Postby maberi » January 26th, 2009, 9:49 am

I am happy to announce that Kenny has found a home!! While I was working in the shelter on Sunday a couple came in looking for Kenny. They were told by the woman at the front desk that he had been adopted. Luckily she came back to the kennel run to make sure he was adopted before they left.

I spoke with them (Mike and Martha) at length at the shelter and scheduled a home visit with them last night so they could meet Kenny and I could get a peek at their living arrangements. They actually live in Rochester (where I am located), have no other dogs or cats and have a HUGE yard in the back. They seem like a very nice couple and were already talking about places they could take him in the area for obedience training. I couldn't have been prouder of Kenny during the visit. He was extremely mellow and quiet the entire visit, and ran back and forth from Martha and Mike giving them kisses the entire time (with zero jumping).

Mike is going to go out and get supplies for Kenny this week and then is going to meet me out at the shelter on Saturday to do the necessary paperwork.

I'm so glad this little guy finally found a home and it is the perfect fit for him. He is going to be spoiled rotten.
maberi

Postby SisMorphine » January 26th, 2009, 9:54 am

YAY!! That is fantastic news!!
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine
They're like service dogs gone wrong.

Postby Hundilein » January 26th, 2009, 9:57 am

YAY! Great job Matt and Kenny!
Sarah and Renee - aka wild child
Hundilein
Loyally Bully

Postby Pit♥bull » January 26th, 2009, 9:58 am

Good for him :)
:dance:
Pit♥bull
Supremely Bully

Postby pitbullmamaliz » January 26th, 2009, 9:59 am

Yay!!! Did you tell them they have to join here so we can see pics???
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby maberi » January 26th, 2009, 10:06 am

pitbullmamaliz wrote:Yay!!! Did you tell them they have to join here so we can see pics???

Lol, actually I did

I'm going to make sure they sign up so we can get updates and answer any questions as they come up.
maberi

Postby LMM » January 26th, 2009, 10:25 am

Oh man, what a great start to the week! Thanks for updating us Matt.

I think Kenny snuck his way into more than one heart here :)
LMM
I'll Kick Your Ass

Postby Jenn » January 26th, 2009, 10:58 am

:clap: YAY!!! Way to go Kenny, what a good boy! :) Double YAY for them being diligent and checking for themself! Triple YAY for ya'll and for caring so much!
I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not so sure....
Jenn
undecided

PreviousNext

Return to Rescue