2008 PSA Nationals Video of Cy and Katrina

Weight pull, Protection, Agility, Flyball... you name it!

Postby katiek0417 » January 22nd, 2009, 3:50 pm

Okay, yeah, yeah...so, it took me long enough to do this lol...but i promised Brit I would get on it, and get them posted, so here they are.

Sorry, they're a bit long (oh, and you'll notice I give a lot of commands - probably more than I should've but given that he bit the previous 2 times when I showed him when he wasn't supposed to, I was playing it safe lol)!

The first video is of the Level 3 Obedience routine for the 2008 Nationals. I did, however, have to cut off a minute and a half from the beginning because it was too long for youtube (all you miss is Cy NOT retrieving over an A-Frame)...but here's that one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zjx0J9uH7Kg

This is the judge's (Darryl Richey's) critique of our obedience (too long to include with the obedience)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_6HZE9mjOhY

This is the protection routine from Nationals...one person on another message board had this to say about the routine:

BTW....the best performance of the weekend was Katrina and Cy in the level 3 protection, it was a flawless routine and a beautiful thing to watch and something she should be VERY proud of!

Here it is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0uNLe6RY7L8
"Rumor has it, compulsion is evil."

Katrina
Sacha CGC - Dumb Lab
Nisha CGC, PDC, PSA TC, PSA 1 - Crazy Malinois
Drusilla SLUT- Pet
Nemo - Dual-Purpose Narcotics
Cy TC, PSA 1, PSA 2, 2009 PSA Level 3 National Champion
Axo - Psycho Puppy
Rocky - RIP My Baby Boy
katiek0417
pointy ear hoarder

Postby Mickle » January 22nd, 2009, 5:30 pm

That call off was fantastic! Great videos!
Liisa
Sticking feathers up your butt does not make you a chicken
Mickle
Loyally Bully

Postby madremissy » January 22nd, 2009, 5:51 pm

Great Job. Both of you. You can tell all the hard work you have put into Cy. He is wonderful and so are you. :D
madremissy
I have a basketball and I'm not afraid to use it.

Postby katiek0417 » January 22nd, 2009, 6:32 pm

Mickle wrote:That call off was fantastic! Great videos!

It's funny...a lot of people thought I forgot to call him off b/c I waited so long to give the command...no, I just wanted him to be fully committed...I had faith that he'd come back to me :P It's just amazing that he went all the way downfield with a setup like that...when I first got him, he wouldn't go down field b/c he expected me to call him back...we worked very hard to get him to do that...

madremissy wrote:Great Job. Both of you. You can tell all the hard work you have put into Cy. He is wonderful and so are you. :D

Thank you so much, Missy...you are always there with the compliments for Cy and I. It means so much! Cy and I had 2 very good trainers coaching us, which was so important. That, and I just adore that dog to death!

Katrina
Sacha CGC - Dumb Lab
Drusilla SLUT- Pet
Axo - Psycho Puppy
Rocky - RIP My Baby Boy
katiek0417
pointy ear hoarder

Postby airwalk » January 22nd, 2009, 6:36 pm

That was great..and I gotta say the decoy dances quite well in all that padding. :D
airwalk
I live here

Postby katiek0417 » January 22nd, 2009, 6:44 pm

airwalk wrote:That was great..and I gotta say the decoy dances quite well in all that padding. :D

Diana, thank you so much!

What's funny is that everyone asked how I kept from laughing at Brian (the dancing decoy) and I had NO idea what they were talking about :rolleyes2: I was so engrossed in what Cy was doing, I paid no attention to him!

Katrina
Sacha CGC - Dumb Lab
Drusilla SLUT- Pet
Axo - Psycho Puppy
Rocky - RIP My Baby Boy
katiek0417
pointy ear hoarder

Postby madremissy » January 22nd, 2009, 6:49 pm

Your welcome. I am just so impressed with how he listens to you. It just amazes me to watch you both together. I can't wait for Nemo's videos and watch him do his thing.
madremissy
I have a basketball and I'm not afraid to use it.

Postby iluvk9 » January 22nd, 2009, 8:53 pm

Wow! I loved watching him! Congratulations!
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby katiek0417 » January 22nd, 2009, 9:07 pm

madremissy wrote:Your welcome. I am just so impressed with how he listens to you. It just amazes me to watch you both together. I can't wait for Nemo's videos and watch him do his thing.

lol I can't wait to see if Nemo can actually get that much obedience on him...I'm not sure it's possible... :wink: :rolleyes2:

Joyce, thank you...it was when I first tore my ACL...so, I had to limp through most of it!

Katrina
Sacha CGC - Dumb Lab
Drusilla SLUT- Pet
Axo - Psycho Puppy
Rocky - RIP My Baby Boy
katiek0417
pointy ear hoarder

Postby iluvk9 » January 23rd, 2009, 5:46 pm

katiek0417 wrote:Joyce, thank you...it was when I first tore my ACL...so, I had to limp through most of it!

You still looked good... :)
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby ellie@ny » January 24th, 2009, 12:59 am

Awesome videos Katrina!
I have to say those decoys had fun for sure!In the OB part I believe around 6 min.,when they were teasing Cy with the dolls,I almost spit my monitor...
And I really liked in the bite part,when he was teased by one of them and you had to send him to another one instead,impressive!
But I felt bad for you when you started limping,it was painful to watch... :neutral:
Ellie
----------------------------------------
"Winners aren't born...they're made.And they're made just like anything else...through hard work.That's the price we'll have to pay to achive that goal."
ellie@ny
Full of Bully

Postby katiek0417 » January 24th, 2009, 9:54 pm

ellie@ny wrote:Awesome videos Katrina!
I have to say those decoys had fun for sure!In the OB part I believe around 6 min.,when they were teasing Cy with the dolls,I almost spit my monitor...
And I really liked in the bite part,when he was teased by one of them and you had to send him to another one instead,impressive!
But I felt bad for you when you started limping,it was painful to watch... :neutral:

Thank you! Cy has really impressed me beyond my wildest dreams. He and I bonded quickly, and I think I owe his success to that...he's given me my headaches, but, on the whole, he's such a quick learner, and so eager to please me! I love him so much!

As far as the limping...it was a very painful weekend...believe it or not, I showed up Saturday morning (obedience) crying and ready to pull him from the competition...I guess I'm glad I didn't!

Katrina
Sacha CGC - Dumb Lab
Drusilla SLUT- Pet
Axo - Psycho Puppy
Rocky - RIP My Baby Boy
katiek0417
pointy ear hoarder

Postby Jenn » January 24th, 2009, 10:20 pm

Those were cool, good job guys. The decoys were quite humerous, I suppose it is their job to distract the dog from you, if they can?
I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not so sure....
Jenn
undecided

Postby katiek0417 » January 24th, 2009, 10:25 pm

Jenn wrote:Those were cool, good job guys. The decoys were quite humerous, I suppose it is their job to distract the dog from you, if they can?

Thank you and absolutely, Jenn....in the level 3's, the decoys have the one goal of getting your dog to bite the wrong person and/or at the wrong time - in fact, at nationals, they told me that they were told to be as distracting as possible...as a handler, my job is help my dog get through the scenarios while losing a minimal number of points...

On the other hand, the judge, Darryl, is very fair with the routines/scenarios that he writes...he makes them difficult and challenging, but they're not impossible...

Brian, the dancing decoy, was hilarious...I seriously had no idea he was dancing until I went back and saw the video...it's funny what you fail to see (it's actually called inattentional blindness in cognitive psych) when you have your attention focused elsewhere...

I do give the decoys a ton of credit, though...without them, there would be no sport...and without them, it would be impossible to train our dogs...

Katrina
Sacha CGC - Dumb Lab
Drusilla SLUT- Pet
Axo - Psycho Puppy
Rocky - RIP My Baby Boy
katiek0417
pointy ear hoarder

Postby napster » January 25th, 2009, 11:39 am

great job - that protection portion was awesome to see :rock:
napster
Just Whelped

Postby TheRedQueen » January 26th, 2009, 12:29 am

Finally got a chance to sit and watch them...you guys look awesome!

(as you did today also!)
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

Postby katiek0417 » January 26th, 2009, 11:10 am

TheRedQueen wrote:Finally got a chance to sit and watch them...you guys look awesome!

(as you did today also!)

Thank you, Erin (however, yesterday wasn't Cy's greatest performance...he was being a bit of squirrel) lol! It was so great to see you and John yesterday! And, of course, I always love seeing Score and Sawyer!

Katrina
Sacha CGC - Dumb Lab
Drusilla SLUT- Pet
Axo - Psycho Puppy
Rocky - RIP My Baby Boy
katiek0417
pointy ear hoarder

Return to Sports