Halloween Jack

If it's a non-human, non-Pit Bull, family member, post it here!

Postby SisMorphine » April 17th, 2006, 2:58 pm

Introducing Wally's new brother, Halloween Jack aka: Halo

He's a 3.5 year old Dutch Shepherd who absolutely needs to lose a few pounds. He's my handsome new man, just adopted him at 1pm :) This little guy is so much fun!!

The sun, it's in my eyes

Treats? Yummmm

Brothers bonding over a pee-sniff

My two brindle baby boys . . .

And now we're off for a hike . . .
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine
They're like service dogs gone wrong.

Postby Purple » April 17th, 2006, 3:02 pm

They look like the could have been twins!! Congratulations on your new addition!! He is exceptionally handsome!
Purple
I live here

Postby ParisStreetPitCrew » April 17th, 2006, 3:04 pm

Aww! Congrats on the new fuzzywuzz.
ParisStreetPitCrew
Devoutly Bully

Postby cheekymunkee » April 17th, 2006, 3:06 pm

How CUTE!!! Congrats on the new baby!!
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby Sue » April 17th, 2006, 3:20 pm

He's beautiful Sis~!!
Sue
Bull Meister

Postby Maryellen » April 17th, 2006, 3:21 pm

he is stunning!! congratulations onyour new addition!!!
Maryellen
I live here

Postby Hoyden » April 17th, 2006, 3:48 pm

And now he needs a new collar!

Find you measuring tape!

What kind do you want.

Feel like test driving one of the leather collars that are in the R&D phase? If so what style and do you want his name or manly studs, raised rivets or other doggly bling?
Moral courage is the most valuable and usually the most absent characteristic in men ~ General George S. Patton, Jr.

She taking all the stars down from her sky to hang them up someplace new, where there's better weather and the sky's a different blue. ~ Autumn Fields
Hoyden
Collar Queen

Postby Jenn » April 17th, 2006, 3:58 pm

Congratulations! :)
Jenn
undecided

Postby msvette2u » April 17th, 2006, 4:24 pm

Congratulations, what a great addition to your family!
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.
msvette2u
I live here

Postby SisMorphine » April 17th, 2006, 6:24 pm

Hoyden wrote:And now he needs a new collar!

Find you measuring tape!

What kind do you want.

Feel like test driving one of the leather collars that are in the R&D phase? If so what style and do you want his name or manly studs, raised rivets or other doggly bling?

Ooooh. Mr. Halo would love to be a leather collar guinea pig. He likes manly studs :)

I definitely need to go find a measuring tape. I'll check the supermarket tonight when I go shopping.
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine

Postby Marinepits » April 17th, 2006, 6:46 pm

Very very handsome! Congratulations!
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby pitbullmamaliz » April 17th, 2006, 7:22 pm

Oh don't they look cute together!!!
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby SisMorphine » April 17th, 2006, 8:08 pm

Thanks so much guys! I love him, he's a great addition, and is currently enjoying his first ever raw marrow bone. I think after this he'll love me too.

Here are some shots from our hike today. The characters would be Wally (Greyhound), Halo (Dutchie), and Venus (foster pit).
SisMorphine

Postby pitbullmamaliz » April 17th, 2006, 8:12 pm

Geez, I have enough trouble walking ONE dog at a time!
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby SisMorphine » April 17th, 2006, 8:14 pm

pitbullmamaliz wrote:Geez, I have enough trouble walking ONE dog at a time!

Oh I had help!! The photographer, Wally's Auntie Jess, walked one while I walked two. Even two was a bit much since both Venus and Halo suck at walking on leash and Wally walks like a drunken sailor. My already bad back is killing me. I should probably go ice it :)
SisMorphine

Postby Favorite Kitty » April 17th, 2006, 8:25 pm

Ohhh, congrats! I can't belive how much the two boys look alike. Well, when you get a handsome boy like Wally, you have to keep with the good looks :)

What made you choose him? Do you think he and Wally will be close? Is Wally jealous to share his Momma? Congrats again!
Favorite Kitty
The Mouse Whisperer

Postby a-bull » April 17th, 2006, 8:25 pm

Whoa . . . is he gorgeous! YAY! Congrats!

Boy, now you have the mad huge brindle thing going on, huh?? And the boys are getting on well, it looks?

Great news . . . :thumbsup:
DISCLAIMER:

My posts are my own opinions unless otherwise stated. They are not necessarily correct for all dogs or all owners.
a-bull
I live here

Postby SisMorphine » April 17th, 2006, 10:19 pm

Favorite Kitty wrote:What made you choose him? Do you think he and Wally will be close? Is Wally jealous to share his Momma? Congrats again!

Actually, me choosing him was totally random. I was frustrated one day while talking to Wally's trainer because I just could not find the perfect second dog and I said "All I have wanted, in the back of my mind, for years, was a Dutch Shepherd to do agility with. But I know I'll never find one."

Well his trainer told me to go down to the training center because there was an add up for a Dutchie looking for a home. He was purchased by his former owners as a breeder reject (since his ears aren't the most erect) for an agility dog. But both of his owners came down with cancer :( and haven't been able to work with him nor care for him the way he needs. So they'd been looking for a home for a while for him when I came along.

I was so lucky to find this boy!!

He and Wally are doing very well. Halo doesn't have full roam of the house yet, right now just the livingroom. He's camped out on the floor next to the couch, and Wally has his Royal Majesty position on the couch and all is well. Wally corrects, Halo listens. It's pretty good so far. Halo definitely needs some more socialization, but I think he can be easily worked with. He's a smart boy . . . and oh so handsome. I was just laying in the livingroom with those two (and the Veenie Weenie foster in her crate) and thinking about how lucky I am to have him and Wally for my boys. They're just awesome.

*happy sigh*
SisMorphine

Postby a-bull » April 17th, 2006, 10:24 pm

Is that foster new? I think I fell asleep at the wheel here or something . . . . I don't remember him. He looks like a peach.

Well, enjoy your boys. They look great and I bet they'll be alot of fun together!

Post more pics!! :D
DISCLAIMER:

My posts are my own opinions unless otherwise stated. They are not necessarily correct for all dogs or all owners.
a-bull
I live here

Postby SisMorphine » April 17th, 2006, 10:31 pm

a-bull wrote:Is that foster new? I think I fell asleep at the wheel here or something . . . . I don't remember him. He looks like a peach.

Well, enjoy your boys. They look great and I bet they'll be alot of fun together!

Post more pics!! :D

The foster is a she, and yeah she's new. I've only had her for two weeks. She came to me as a spook but has taken some HUGE steps in the right direction and I am so proud of her. She was actually sniffing after random people today on our hike instead of shying away. *happy tear*
SisMorphine

Next

Return to Four Legged, Finned and Feathered Family Members