We're losing Petey

Here is where we can discuss canine cancers and treatment options to create a support system for those dealing with the disease.

Postby pitbullmamaliz » January 17th, 2009, 9:31 pm

:(
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby amazincc » January 17th, 2009, 9:35 pm

:cry:

You already know how I feel about all this cancer crap.
Sending you strength and love, and tons of hugs.
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby hugapitbull » January 17th, 2009, 9:46 pm

Noel, this is such a difficult time for you. I am so very sorry there isn't more that could be done for Petey or more that can be said to make it easier. My thoughts are with you.
Shanna & Spirit Trouble
We beat osteosarcoma - 27 months 20 days cancer free
'Spirit' Trouble departed for the Bridge 3/16/2011 a victim of aging
Visit - http://k9cancer.org

Any fool can criticize, condemn, and complain--and most fools do. ~Dale Carnegie
hugapitbull
The Better Half

Postby madremissy » January 17th, 2009, 10:06 pm

Noel, my thoughts and prayers are with you during this difficult time.
Last edited by madremissy on January 17th, 2009, 10:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
madremissy
I have a basketball and I'm not afraid to use it.

Postby Hoyden » January 17th, 2009, 10:10 pm

9PM medicine time. We got him to take the 400mg Amoxocillian without a fight. (He takes 1-1/2 pills 2x per day: 600 mg each dose.) He actually munched it right down without a struggle because it smells like candy and doesn't taste too bad either. (Yes, I tasted it)

Thank goodness. Struggling with him twice a day to take those NASTY horse pills was horrible.
Moral courage is the most valuable and usually the most absent characteristic in men ~ General George S. Patton, Jr.

She taking all the stars down from her sky to hang them up someplace new, where there's better weather and the sky's a different blue. ~ Autumn Fields
Hoyden
Collar Queen

Postby Jenn » January 17th, 2009, 10:14 pm

Glad yall found something that worked for him, and for ya'll as well. I'm sorry your having to go through this, I can't imagine how incredibly difficult it must be for you and your family.
I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not so sure....
Jenn
undecided

Postby CinderDee » January 17th, 2009, 10:32 pm

I'm so sorry Noel. :( Sending love & hugs. :hug3:
Dee
CinderDee
I'm The Bug Whisperer

Postby Mickle » January 18th, 2009, 8:33 am

Im so sorry..we are sending lots of hugs and good thoughts for you in this difficult time. :(
Liisa
Sticking feathers up your butt does not make you a chicken
Mickle
Loyally Bully

Postby blabsforbullies » January 18th, 2009, 10:12 am

Again, I am so very sorry that this happened. I will continue to keep you in my thoughts.

I have treated several of my patients with prednisone for suspected lymphoma. In many cases, it has given them some (weeks to months) good quality time until it is time to say good bye. Maybe it can at least give Petey some comfort? :heartbeat:

I hate seeing yet another wonderful animal have to go through this. :cry:
Cancer :cuss: sucks....
We have a Mastiff... does that count??? :)
http://www.teamblabador.com

Akisa & Team Blabador
blabsforbullies
Giver of the Wubba

Postby iluvk9 » January 18th, 2009, 12:25 pm

Noel, predisone is what kept Carlos' lymphoma "at bay" for a few months. Kept his appetite up and gave him more quality time in that ill body. I know Petey's cancer is different, as they all are, but maybe as Dr. Blabs suggested, it is another option.
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby TheRedQueen » January 18th, 2009, 1:12 pm

With my Elwood, I just gave him anything he showed interest in...which made him happy...things he never got to eat before, including chocolate. He ate a pound of raw bacon one morning, because he finally showed interest in eating that. I know how hard this is...my thoughts are with you and the family...:hug3: Glad he's eating his pills now.
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

Previous

Return to Canine Cancer