Breed guesses?

If it's a non-human, non-Pit Bull, family member, post it here!

Postby Marinepits » January 16th, 2009, 3:20 pm

Ditto! :cheeky3:
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby TheRedQueen » January 16th, 2009, 3:39 pm

:thbbbbt:
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

Postby TinaMartin » January 16th, 2009, 3:49 pm

:hammer:
Not only am I a member of the Michelle says my dog is fat club I'm the president!
I can Alpha Roll hair!
TinaMartin
The Hair Whisperer

Postby Malli » January 16th, 2009, 5:40 pm

iluvk9 wrote:
Malli wrote:what about crossed with Nova Scotian Duck Tolling retriever?

Oh, Stop making up names of dog breeds. 8)

I did not I NOT ! :neener:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nova_Scotia_Duck-Tolling_Retriever

Violet wrote:
Malli wrote:what about crossed with Nova Scotian Duck Tolling retriever?

Duck tollers are usually quite small... they look like mini goldens with white, kind of...

you know..if she were not black and tollers were not so uncommon, I could totally get behind a mix like that. She actually does look like a little black toller.

Thanks Diana for the extra knowledge! I knew there were labs and terries, missed the shar pei mix previously. Its funny that a couple of people mentioned Shar Pei and that though never once crossed my mind looking at her.

I see duck tollers at work pretty regularly across the water on vancouver island over here:)
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day, tomorrow doesn't look good either.
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby SisMorphine » January 16th, 2009, 6:24 pm

The head looks a little Field Spaniel-y to me with the heavier muzzle.
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine
They're like service dogs gone wrong.

Postby TheRedQueen » January 16th, 2009, 6:33 pm

SisMorphine wrote:The head looks a little Field Spaniel-y to me with the heavier muzzle.

Are you thinking Sussex Spaniel, as the field spaniels have a more slender muzzle, like an English cocker.

Sussex look similar to Field spaniels, but are blockier.

Sussex:

Field
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

Postby SisMorphine » January 16th, 2009, 6:41 pm

I definitely wasn't thinking Sussex because they're a tad too heavy. I guess maybe the field spaniels I know were just poorly bred because they definitely had a bigger muzzle than the one you posted.
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine
They're like service dogs gone wrong.

Postby nicole » January 16th, 2009, 9:55 pm

TheRedQueen wrote:I was gonna guess Shar Pei...due to the tiny ears (they seem to throw tiny ears even in mixes) and the big bulbous head/muzzle. From the side pic...very shar pei! There was another guess of shar pei on my Aussie board...and everyone agrees, no herding dogs in there!

I'm changing my guess to shar pei-cocker...which would work with the size, as most shar peis are quite small.

this is what I'm leaning towards too. :|
nicole
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby Mickle » January 16th, 2009, 11:29 pm

I think flat coat mix. And her head looks alot like one of the flat coats I groom regularly.
Liisa
Sticking feathers up your butt does not make you a chicken
Mickle
Loyally Bully

Previous

Return to Four Legged, Finned and Feathered Family Members