New Puppies

Food, Fitness and how to keep them healthy.

Postby mnp13 » January 16th, 2009, 3:05 pm

BIGDOG2594 wrote:I spoke up just like the rest of you, I just spoke from another place.

Yup, that "place" where whelping litters of dogs with serious genetic defects is ok. You are allllll about the betterment of the breed!
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby mnp13 » January 16th, 2009, 3:06 pm

oops, here's that link:

viewtopic.php?f=21&t=1284
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby cheekymunkee » January 16th, 2009, 3:06 pm

I've done nothing " magical" except know the breed all of my life and raise good dogs. Good healthy dogs. I don't show, never had the desire too, the show world is too full of blow hards like YOU. I don't breed, again the world is too full.
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby BIGDOG2594 » January 16th, 2009, 3:06 pm

Listen, I am defending her right to do what she wants and I personally have faith she will do the right things in the end. None of you are in her shoes. That is it. The breed is full of bull$hit and crap and to think that jumping on someone, when the majority of you have never accomplished anything is garbage. But then again, that is the way the whole dog world works.
BIGDOG2594
Just Whelped

Postby DemoDick » January 16th, 2009, 3:08 pm

BIGDOG2594 wrote:Listen, I am defending her right to do what she wants and I personally have faith she will do the right things in the end. None of you are in her shoes. That is it. The breed is full of bull$hit and crap and to think that jumping on someone, when the majority of you have never accomplished anything is garbage. But then again, that is the way the whole dog world works.

And how do you know this, Joe? How do you judge an "accomplishment"?

Demo Dick
"My first priority will be to reinstate the assault weapons ban PERMANENTLY as soon as I take office...I intend to work with Congress on a national no carry law, 1 gun a month purchase limits, and bans on all semi-automatic guns."-Barack Obama
"When in doubt, whip it out."-Nuge
DemoDick
They Like to Fondle My Gun

Postby cheekymunkee » January 16th, 2009, 3:10 pm

ooops, make that 51, I forgot I had a birthday. That happens when you get old.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby BIGDOG2594 » January 16th, 2009, 3:10 pm

So then cheeky, what accomplishments are you standing on. YOu made the statement that you accomplished more than me.
My dogs have never just excelled in the show ring. The conformation ring is just a political crap shoot.
BIGDOG2594
Just Whelped

Postby BIGDOG2594 » January 16th, 2009, 3:12 pm

This is exactly why those that have way more time in the breed than me don't bother. Cause you all know the game and the score. well kudos.
BIGDOG2594
Just Whelped

Postby SvcDogSawyer » January 16th, 2009, 3:12 pm

BIGDOG2594 wrote:Listen, I am defending her right to do what she wants and I personally have faith she will do the right things in the end.

Again, she is not doing the right thing, she has told us what she is going to do and how she is going to hide the defects in future litters.
John & Sawyer

"Damn Walkies"
SvcDogSawyer
Not Patrick's Nipple

Postby BIGDOG2594 » January 16th, 2009, 3:17 pm

Listen, so many things get twisted in online forums. Aside from the fact that people look to jump on Karen for her past opinions of others. I know Karen personally. I have faith that she will do the right thing. If you don't believe so, so be it. BUt I felt the need to express myself on her behalf. This turned into a Romeo thing when demo felt the need to know who I was. I know how easy it is to be the object of witch-hunts and attacks. But either way, the majority can't see past the nose on their own face. My opinions mean nothing to those that don't care. But I still felt like I should speak on Karen behalf.
BIGDOG2594
Just Whelped

Postby airwalk » January 16th, 2009, 3:19 pm

BIGDOG2594 wrote:What have you done so magical debby?
My dogs have accomplishments. They speak for themselves.
So whether or not you or anyone else feel that holds any weight, isn't really an issue. I spoke up just like the rest of you, I just spoke from another place.

Hmmm so because a judge has hung a blue ribbon on a dog you own..that accomplishment is the greatest of any? Really?? Dude you place way too much weight on the ability of a dog to show well.

Accomplishments come in many ways...me...I do my damndest to keep them from being killed...you keep your ribbons...I'll keep them alive. That puts me in a fairly unique position to have a problem with a litter that is known to carry such a serious potential fault - since guess what I and folks in my job will get to euthanize them (and yes some of them and their offspring will end up in public shelters - it is inevitable with breeders like Karen out there)

So you jump up and down and you talk about how you show and you chat about how you've allowed fights to occur (and yep you allow it since it's a relatively easy thing to avoid in your own home with your own dogs) and you talk about judges and defend poor breeding. Me I'll just go about my daily life of saving lives of dogs that have done nothing more wrong than be born Pit Bull.
airwalk
I live here

Postby amazincc » January 16th, 2009, 3:19 pm

I just checked out your web site... :)

If you were in Karens position, the exact same position... what would YOU do?
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby cheekymunkee » January 16th, 2009, 3:21 pm

BIGDOG2594 wrote:My name calling and such huh? Purebred has nothing to do with where my opinions or ideals are coming from. It comes from my experiences and research from those that have way more experience than any of us.
Uh-oh, better watch out, lmao.

I defended someone's ability to do the right thing. Not the breeding. Get over it.

BULLLLLL SHITTTTTTT

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby DemoDick » January 16th, 2009, 3:22 pm

BIGDOG2594 wrote:Listen, so many things get twisted in online forums. Aside from the fact that people look to jump on Karen for her past opinions of others. I know Karen personally. I have faith that she will do the right thing.

She has already stated, in this very thread, that she is going to go ahead with the litter and place the dogs in homes intact without spay/neuter contracts. What is so hard to understand?

If you don't believe so, so be it. BUt I felt the need to express myself on her behalf. This turned into a Romeo thing when demo felt the need to know who I was.

No, YOU came on here talking smack about your credentials, and you did it ambiguously. I asked you repeatedly to specify, you dodged the questions, and so I DUG UP the information for myself.

I know how easy it is to be the object of witch-hunts and attacks. But either way, the majority can't see past the nose on their own face. My opinions mean nothing to those that don't care. But I still felt like I should speak on Karen behalf.

You definitely did that.

Demo Dick
"My first priority will be to reinstate the assault weapons ban PERMANENTLY as soon as I take office...I intend to work with Congress on a national no carry law, 1 gun a month purchase limits, and bans on all semi-automatic guns."-Barack Obama
"When in doubt, whip it out."-Nuge
DemoDick
They Like to Fondle My Gun

Postby airwalk » January 16th, 2009, 3:25 pm

BIGDOG2594 wrote:Listen, I am defending her right to do what she wants and I personally have faith she will do the right things in the end. None of you are in her shoes. That is it. The breed is full of bull$hit and crap and to think that jumping on someone, when the majority of you have never accomplished anything is garbage. But then again, that is the way the whole dog world works.

Ah yes..now comes the bottom line. You are defending her right to do as she wants! Not necessarily what's right, but what she wants...well when you post on a public forum, one should not be surprised when other WANT something different.

You personally have faith..yay for you..her post here leaves me with very little faith that she will do the right thing.

You are absolutely correct, I am not in her shoes. I would have spay/aborted, decision is simple.

As far as accomplishing nothing...I guess that depends on your definition of accomplishment. Again, getting ribbons hung on a dog is your definition of accomplishment. Others here have different definitions. Mine is keeping them alive...Debby's is spending a lifetime raising good, healthy dogs that educate others about the reality and the wonderfulness of the breed.
airwalk
I live here

Postby BIGDOG2594 » January 16th, 2009, 3:26 pm

Airwalk, please do research before you type. My dogs have spoken for them selves. MY 2x national grand was also the first to be a total dog. I have several dogs doing great things in weight pull, agility (akc) herding, carting, therapy etc....

amazin,
What would I of done.... well, I would of got the shot and ended the potential pregnancy. BUt they aren't my dogs nor my decision. All I am saying is she has the right to evaluate her situation and make the best possible decision. That is what I am defending. If you think Karen is the end all of the breed you are lost. There is so much garbage out there and crap going on it would spin your heads. I defended a friends right to make her choices. That is all. We are all different and come from different place and experiences. BUt either way, it really wont make a difference.

And how do dogs get into fights, how about breaking out of crates, getting through doors etc......sorry I don't own shells. My dogs are pitbulls.
BIGDOG2594
Just Whelped

Postby cheekymunkee » January 16th, 2009, 3:27 pm

BIGDOG2594 wrote:So then cheeky, what accomplishments are you standing on. YOu made the statement that you accomplished more than me.
My dogs have never just excelled in the show ring. The conformation ring is just a political crap shoot.

Show me please where I said that. You made the claim you had been in this breed longer than anyone on this board. I told you that you have not.

I've not said one damn thing about Karen or her litter. Show me on this thread where I have. MY problem is with YOU coming here preaching to us about how you are someone. You're not. Again. You show dogs, big smurfing deal. That isn't rocket science by ANY stretch of the imagination. ANYONE can purchase a dog & prance around the ring with it. What else have you done? Oh ad I dont mean bred a litter or two.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby airwalk » January 16th, 2009, 3:28 pm

I'm not questioning your definition of accomplishment...I am objecting to your questioning others definition of accomplishment. I need not research; however, it would be nice if you would read exactly what is written and not what you think I wrote.
airwalk
I live here

Postby LMM » January 16th, 2009, 3:29 pm

And how do dogs get into fights, how about breaking out of crates, getting through doors etc......sorry I don't own shells. My dogs are pitbulls.

As are mine, I've never had the 'unique' problem of having them get into fights in my absence. Hey, there's one of MY accomplishments! :D
Last edited by LMM on January 16th, 2009, 3:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LMM
I'll Kick Your Ass

Postby BIGDOG2594 » January 16th, 2009, 3:29 pm

Cheeky,
not sure how purebred has anything to do with it. I mostly argued on there. I got my knowledge from many places but a message board wasn't one of them.

Nothing left to say. YOu guys have it all covered. I said my piece. I leave you all to your banter.
BIGDOG2594
Just Whelped

PreviousNext

Return to Nutrition & Health