Hi everyone!

Please tell us about yourself! You will not be able to post on the rest of the board until you have posted here

Postby aurora » January 21st, 2006, 4:54 pm

You may know me by my usual board name, mydogroxy. I decided to just go with my real name here, haha. I have a 3 year old pittie named Roxy, who loves cats, frisbees, and twinkies!

I also work at the Liberty Humane Society in Jersey City. We're an inner city shelter and we always have a ton of pits, so I get to be around my favorite breed of dog all day long!
aurora
Just Whelped

Postby Maryellen » January 21st, 2006, 5:03 pm

hey aurora welcome!!!
Maryellen
I live here

Postby aurora » January 21st, 2006, 5:05 pm

Like a jerk, I didn't read the post where you guys talked about what you wanted in an intro post, so here's a little more info.

I first learned about pit bulls about 4-5 years ago when I met my boyfriend's pit. His name was Tiny and he was nothing but love! About two years later I decided I wanted to get a dog and had it narrowed down between a dachshund and a pit bull (I know, don't ask!). I learned about a breeder who had pups available and went to see them. Long story short, the situation was terrible and I took the remaining pup home. Not an ideal way to get a dog, but I didn't know any better at the time. Roxy and I have been through a lot together, working on her many issues daily, but I can't imagine my life without her. She's my four legged child.

After getting Roxy, I started doing research on pit bulls and was immediately hooked. My interest in them lead me to my job at LHS, where I deal with pit bulls of all kinds and in all conditions. It's the hardest thing I've ever done in my life, but I love my job immensely. We have a number of programs available for pits, so just ask. I'm trying right now, to get a pit oriented group of volunteers together as well, so I'll keep you all updated.

I move around a lot, but I'm always in New Jersey. Right now I live in Hoboken, which isn't easy with a dog aggressive dog, but we manage.
aurora
Just Whelped

Postby Romanwild » January 21st, 2006, 5:09 pm

Hey there! 8)
Romanwild
I live here

Postby cheekymunkee » January 21st, 2006, 5:40 pm

:wave:
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby CinderDee » January 22nd, 2006, 1:45 am

Hi & welcome! :D
Dee
CinderDee
I'm The Bug Whisperer

Postby turtle » January 22nd, 2006, 1:54 am

Hi Aurora! Welcome!
turtle
Loyally Bully