He wants his kidney back

Postby iluvk9 » January 14th, 2009, 6:45 pm

Well, actually all he wants is $1.5 million for it, or estranged wife to go to jail.

The Long Island surgeon who is demanding $1.5 million for the kidney he gave his estranged wife as their marriage disintegrated also wants her thrown in jail for violating a visitation agreement, the doctor's attorney said yesterday in court.

Dr. Richard Batista's attorney, Dominic Barbara of Garden City, has asked State Supreme Court Justice Vito DeStefano in Nassau to hold the doctor's estranged wife, Dawnell Batista, 44, of Massapequa, in contempt of court.

"We're looking for the incarceration of the wife," Barbara said.

DeStefano did not rule on the request

Rothkopf said his client never denied Richard Batista visitation with his three children, ages 14, 11 and 8.

"Any difficulties Dr. Batista had with his children were his own making," Rothkopf said.

Dawnell Batista, a nurse, ended their marriage, Rothkopf said, due to unspecified "violent conduct of her husband." Barbara could not be reached to respond to that allegation.

In July 2005, the year Dawnell Batista filed for divorce, her husband countersued and alleged that she committed adultery, an allegation her attorney said isn't true.

Richard Batista, 49, of Ronkonkoma, in a news conference last week said he donated his kidney to his wife in June 2001, after she had undergone two failed transplants when her kidneys ceased working.

Meanwhile, Jill Stone, a law guardian for the children, offered a visitation compromise. Dawnell Batista can drop the kids with Stone and Richard Batista can pick them up. It was not known yesterday if the Batistas accepted her offer.

http://www.newsday.com/news/local/crime ... 8941.story
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby Jenn » January 14th, 2009, 6:47 pm

:nono:
I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not so sure....
Jenn
undecided

Postby Marinepits » January 14th, 2009, 6:48 pm

Isn't this story INSANE??? :noWay:
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby iluvk9 » January 14th, 2009, 6:49 pm

All the photos of him just SEETHE anger. She, on the other hand, not so much.
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby madremissy » January 14th, 2009, 8:46 pm

How do you give a kidney back. Geeshh :nono:
madremissy
I have a basketball and I'm not afraid to use it.

Postby Judy » January 14th, 2009, 9:20 pm

OMG this is crazy! :shock:
Due to a forum glitch, I am now 30 years old. :woowoo:
Judy
Loyally Bully

Postby LMM » January 14th, 2009, 9:26 pm

He does sorta look like he has a buttplug superglued in his hole. Oy, I'll never understand super messy divorces.
LMM
I'll Kick Your Ass

Postby iluvk9 » January 15th, 2009, 7:13 am

I always feel bad for the children. Can you imagine going to Middle School and having everyone say they saw your parents on TV and in the paper? This case is plastered all over our local news.
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby Judy » January 15th, 2009, 11:02 pm

Yeah that sucks for the kids :(
Due to a forum glitch, I am now 30 years old. :woowoo:
Judy
Loyally Bully

Postby TinaMartin » January 16th, 2009, 8:57 am

What a douche! :nono: Should she rip it out and handit back? :doh: :crazy2:
Not only am I a member of the Michelle says my dog is fat club I'm the president!
I can Alpha Roll hair!
TinaMartin
The Hair Whisperer

Return to All the news that's fit to print