Pit Bull Thefts

Pits in the news and info on Breed Specific Legislation.

Postby pitbullmamaliz » January 10th, 2009, 11:16 am

Apparently people's bully breeds are being swiped in my county and neighboring counties...

There's a video on this one that will have you in tears...
http://www.woio.com/Global/story.asp?s=9567077

Video on this one too...
http://www.woio.com/global/story.asp?S=9642302

It sounds like 7 dogs over the past couple months have been stolen from homes and backyards...very scary...
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby TheRedQueen » January 10th, 2009, 11:22 am

I can't get the videos to work (drat this computer!)...

But I hate hearing things like this... :mad2:
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

Postby pitbullmamaliz » January 10th, 2009, 11:23 am

Essentially pit bulls are disappearing - 2 have been found with their faces all ripped up, apparently used as bait dogs. They later died.
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby TheRedQueen » January 10th, 2009, 11:28 am

pitbullmamaliz wrote:Essentially pit bulls are disappearing - 2 have been found with their faces all ripped up, apparently used as bait dogs. They later died.

:shock: :cry:
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

Postby iluvk9 » January 10th, 2009, 1:38 pm

I can't look at the videos because I don't want to cry more.

I can NOT imagine having any of my dogs taken from me and not knowing their fate or worse, I guess, knowing they were used in a horrible way.

I don't want to say it too loud, but I wouldn't even want my cat, Bo, taken.
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby LMM » January 10th, 2009, 4:06 pm

This is pretty damn disturbing :shock: and sad :cry:
LMM
I'll Kick Your Ass

Postby ArtGypsy » January 10th, 2009, 4:20 pm

pitbullmamaliz wrote:Essentially pit bulls are disappearing - 2 have been found with their faces all ripped up, apparently used as bait dogs. They later died.

I started reading this thread thinking it was just a matter of 'simple' theft.
when i read this post, My Heart Stopped for a Second.
This is Unthink-Able For Me.

I'm trying to find the 'words' . There aren't any.

I'm Like Joyce......I'm not going to Watch. I can't. :sad2:
“Hope has two beautiful daughters: their names are Anger and Courage.
Anger that things are the way they are.
Courage to make them the way they ought to be.”----Augustine
ArtGypsy
First I Caught Her, Then I Didn't Share My Fries

Postby Malli » January 10th, 2009, 6:50 pm

anyone who steals a dog is going to be the "unsavory" (to put it nicely) type. Its not going to be a nice ending for the dog.
Heck, at best, it'll be like my dog's mum Diesel : stolen from my friend's yard off her line, turned up on a different island and at least 2 hrs away in a shelter when her time was up, luckily, a nice lady took her in and fostered her and it all worked out for the best, but still :|

I have always worried about someone stealing my dog, luckily now at least, he is all business and CLEAR with his intentions in the car and I doubt most people would consider it, and I don't tie him outside many places(and barely) at all.

just awful :(
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day, tomorrow doesn't look good either.
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby cheekymunkee » January 10th, 2009, 7:45 pm

Booger was stolen out of my locked privacy fence many years ago. The only thing I can figure out is they climbed the fence, hopped into my yard & took him either out of the gate ( which was re-locked, it was just a simple fence lock) or handed him over the fence to someone on the other side. I never saw him again or got any help from law enforcement. Now my dogs are NEVER outside alone, if the are ( which is rare) I can see them as I have windows all along the back of my house. Not to mention the fact that my neighbors dogs raise holy hell when someone is in the alley.

A fat, lazy, old, neutered, ear cropped dog, gone. It still breaks my heart & I still look twice when I see a dog that resembles him. Although he probably would still not be alive even IF the person who took him took care of him.......which is what I tell myself. Booger loved all people, dogs, cats, you name it...it was his friend. :(
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby demolitionic » January 10th, 2009, 10:19 pm

cheekymunkee wrote:Booger was stolen out of my locked privacy fence many years ago. The only thing I can figure out is they climbed the fence, hopped into my yard & took him either out of the gate ( which was re-locked, it was just a simple fence lock) or handed him over the fence to someone on the other side. I never saw him again or got any help from law enforcement. Now my dogs are NEVER outside alone, if the are ( which is rare) I can see them as I have windows all along the back of my house. Not to mention the fact that my neighbors dogs raise holy hell when someone is in the alley.

A fat, lazy, old, neutered, ear cropped dog, gone. It still breaks my heart & I still look twice when I see a dog that resembles him. Although he probably would still not be alive even IF the person who took him took care of him.......which is what I tell myself. Booger loved all people, dogs, cats, you name it...it was his friend. :(

I'm very sorry Doob.

I NEVER leave Squishy anywhere that she can't be seen at all times. I just can't take the chance. Even when I had a fenced yard, I wouldn't leave her outside by herself.

It's terrifying.

I've heard CRAZY stories about the extents people go to to steal pits. :nono:
Time to nut up or shut up.
demolitionic
Devoutly Bully

Postby cheekymunkee » January 11th, 2009, 11:13 pm

Thanks, I miss the old fat bastard
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby CinderDee » January 12th, 2009, 12:46 am

This is so disturbing. I couldn't bear to think of this happening to any of our dogs. :(
Dee
CinderDee
I'm The Bug Whisperer

Postby Moe » January 12th, 2009, 7:23 pm

:cry: OMG this is horrible...This is why I watch my dogs when they are outside..I mean it can happen in a split second, especially in my area, which is why I am the watchdog when my dogs are out..Its just horrific what those 2 dogs went through...And what the other owners are going through who's dogs are still missing..My heart goes out to them...Its terrible, between kids and dogs...I am on alert all the time..Sad what this world is coming too..God forbid you let your dog out to pee and turn your back for a minute...
:nono:
You laugh because I'm different...........
I laugh cause I just farted!
Moe
The Dog Whisperererer

Return to Pit Bull news and BSL