Concussion

This is where to talk about Pit Bulls!

Postby pitbullmamaliz » April 12th, 2006, 7:47 pm

Do you ever wonder if your dogs can knock themselves stupid? We got a knotted rope so we could play tug with Inara w/o sacrificing her stuffies. She loves it - she'll grab it and fling it around. However, when she is holding it and shaking it back and forth that thing is a weapon! I'm waiting on my nose to get broken, and she's already pummeled my knees. While she's flinging it side to side, it's slamming into her sides. Can't feel good. And of course she's running around as she's flinging, banging her head on walls and furniture. *shaking head* My puppy is going to be learning disabled before she even turns 6 months old!
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby Fear_the_Sheeple » April 12th, 2006, 8:50 pm

awwww.... Caesar's hit his head on the wall/desks more than once. I always feel so bad, but it's always when he is in super play mode, so he has a big smile on his face! lol
Fear_the_Sheeple
Enlightened Bully

Postby pitbullmamaliz » April 12th, 2006, 8:52 pm

So does Inara! She may pause for a second, but then she'll just keep right on doing it. Crazy girl.
:crazy:
pitbullmamaliz

Postby cheekymunkee » April 12th, 2006, 10:11 pm

Do you ever wonder if your dogs can knock themselves stupid?

I have two that prove this is true. Justice is the worst, she runs head first into corners in my house. That can't be good.
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby mnp13 » April 12th, 2006, 10:22 pm

Connor only likes toys that slap him in the head. If he has a tug without handles he is not nearly as happy as when he has one with handles that slap him when he shakes it.
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby concreterose » April 12th, 2006, 10:36 pm

Vicki is always cracking her head (or teeth) on stuff. she gouged out a piece of plaster on the wall a couple weeks ago w/a tooth playing rough with my sister. She caught her tooth on the corner of the wall instead of the tug :rolleyes2:
concreterose
Loyally Bully

Postby pocketpit » April 12th, 2006, 10:50 pm

I have two that prove this is true. Justice is the worst, she runs head first into corners in my house. That can't be good.
:lol3:

How do you all think Crash got his name?! Trust me, if he hasn't managed to get a concussion yet, most anyone else's dogs are perfectly safe.
He's tried jumping into the car and truck not seeming to understand (he's very learning disabled) that the tailgait is closed, does the same routine with his crate (it's stacked on another crate) on a regular basis, spins and runs into walls on a regular basis, etc.
pocketpit
Supremely Bully

Postby pitbullmamaliz » April 12th, 2006, 10:55 pm

Crash is a great name! I should've named Inara something along those lines. I'm contemplating a helmet for her....
pitbullmamaliz

Postby cheekymunkee » April 12th, 2006, 11:01 pm

pocketpit wrote:
:lol3:

How do you all think Crash got his name?! Trust me, if he hasn't managed to get a concussion yet, most anyone else's dogs are perfectly safe.
He's tried jumping into the car and truck not seeming to understand (he's very learning disabled) that the tailgait is closed, does the same routine with his crate (it's stacked on another crate) on a regular basis, spins and runs into walls on a regular basis, etc.

I've seen your videos of Crash and yes.........he takes the cake!! he is pretty "special"! :)
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby pocketpit » April 13th, 2006, 12:53 am

About as special as his mom's spelling skills! "Tailgait", where in the heck did Icome up with that one? :rolleyes2:
pocketpit
Supremely Bully

Postby bullymommy » April 13th, 2006, 6:07 am

LOL hannah one time thinking that dan had already opened the door of his truck jumped up and hit her head on the door she fell down then looked at dan like WTF why did you not open the door?!?!?!?!?!
bullymommy
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby Malli » April 13th, 2006, 1:44 pm

Oscar is the same.

Give him the water kong (kong with a rope attached) and he will shake his head and pound himself with it. He has done it so hard that he clean launched the kong right off the end of the rope, and this was the first time we used that particular one!!

He has also been known to crash into stuff on a regular basis, and into people! One of his favorite past times is returning from a fetch only to run head long into your legs, with my bf he even pull his front leg out and wraps it around one of the bfs, its kind of a tackle, then leg wrestle. Of course, he doesn't do it with mum any more, I got tired of it after many bruises and being knocked flat on my back at least 3 times :shock:

Malli
Malli
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby WMKapbt4me » April 13th, 2006, 3:22 pm

I dont know if this counts or not but quite a few years ago my big boy Jack (RIP) came barrelling through the living room to greet me when I came home and ended up crashing head to head with my fiance who was laying on the floor playing a video game. Knocked my boyfriend out cold for about 5 minutes...the dog of course was ok LOL.
WMKapbt4me
Just Whelped

Postby call2arms » April 13th, 2006, 7:05 pm

Yeah, Jessie will do the same with her big rope toy. The knots on it are HUGE, and the rope is quite short so when she shakes it she actually hits her face and eyes... But she keeps going. I guess fun surpasses pain.

Bullies... lol
call2arms
Boys Stink

Postby Malli » April 14th, 2006, 3:45 pm

speaking of wich, Oscar just swacked his head off a the end verticle piece of a shelf, it was loud, I actually asked him if he was ok, he turned around and looked at me like "what??" :lol3:

Malli
Malli
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby chance's mom » April 14th, 2006, 4:29 pm

this is so funny, my bf and i talk about this all the time. i mean poor dogs, they lead with their heads!! i always say he gets it from me becuase i can be pretty clumsy. but chance does this all the time! he will slam his head on the edge of the coffee table while doing zoomies, slap himself silly with rope toys or anything he can sling back and forth, and falls off the couch half the time upside down so head first!! i feel bad but cant help but to crack up!! oh and we took him to the dog park a while ago and he and another dog ran head first at full speed into each other!!! the other dog immediately layed down and looked dumbfounded. chance wandered for a few minutes like " well that sucked!" then layed down!!!! haha i swear i could see birdies flying around the other dogs head!
chance's mom
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Return to Pit Bull Talk