Elderly girl needs a little help - Baltimore, MD

Postby CinderDee » January 6th, 2009, 3:31 am

Not a word, Kat. I'm going to PM again if I don't hear anything by tomorrow morning.
Dee
CinderDee
I'm The Bug Whisperer

Postby BigDogBuford » January 6th, 2009, 4:12 pm

CinderDee wrote:Not a word, Kat. I'm going to PM again if I don't hear anything by tomorrow morning.

Ok. Let me know ASAP as I'm waiting on giving the go ahead for another foster until I hear about Moon.

Thanks!
~Jeanine

You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment at work when you know that you just aren't going to do anything productive for the rest of the day.
BigDogBuford
I love snipe hunts.

Postby TheRedQueen » January 6th, 2009, 4:28 pm

BigDogBuford wrote:
CinderDee wrote:Not a word, Kat. I'm going to PM again if I don't hear anything by tomorrow morning.

Ok. Let me know ASAP as I'm waiting on giving the go ahead for another foster until I hear about Moon.

Thanks!

Yeah, I told her the same thing...I haven't heard anything about Miss Moon from the rescuer. :| I might be taking on another AD soon...
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

Postby BigDogBuford » January 6th, 2009, 5:41 pm

So I just officially said yes to a senior cocker. :crazy2: So unless he gets adopted quickly, I will not be able to take Moon in the near future.
~Jeanine

You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment at work when you know that you just aren't going to do anything productive for the rest of the day.
BigDogBuford
I love snipe hunts.

Postby CinderDee » January 6th, 2009, 6:24 pm

What a shame. I'm really so sorry guys. I don't understand why she's not updating any of us. :nono: Poor Moon.
Dee
CinderDee
I'm The Bug Whisperer

Postby BigDogBuford » January 6th, 2009, 6:28 pm

CinderDee wrote:What a shame. I'm really so sorry guys. I don't understand why she's not updating any of us. :nono: Poor Moon.

It's not your fault! Hopefully it will all work out with Moon.
~Jeanine

BigDogBuford
I love snipe hunts.

Postby CinderDee » January 6th, 2009, 6:38 pm

I hope so, Kat. Thanks!
Dee
CinderDee
I'm The Bug Whisperer

Postby TheRedQueen » January 6th, 2009, 8:52 pm

Definitely not your fault... :| Nothing you can do about her not returning calls or anything... :crazy2:

I still have room at the inn...I just don't know for how long.
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen

Postby Pit♥bull » January 6th, 2009, 9:06 pm

Could this have been a scam :(
Seems their webpage no longer is valid.
From the paypal page:
Customer Service URL: http://midatlanticbullybuddies.org
Customer Service Email: midatlanticbullybuddies@yahoo.com
Customer Service Phone: 410-245-0671
Pit♥bull
Supremely Bully

Postby BigDogBuford » January 6th, 2009, 9:08 pm

I know you're not supposed to take donations via PayPal unless you're 501c3. Perhaps PayPal froze their account? It's happened before....
~Jeanine

BigDogBuford
I love snipe hunts.

Postby Pit♥bull » January 6th, 2009, 9:12 pm

BigDogBuford wrote:I know you're not supposed to take donations via PayPal unless you're 501c3.
Anyone can take donations via Paypal https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=xpt/cps/merchant/wpstandard/WPStandardRefImpl5
Pit♥bull
Supremely Bully

Postby BigDogBuford » January 6th, 2009, 9:15 pm

Pit$Bull wrote:
BigDogBuford wrote:I know you're not supposed to take donations via PayPal unless you're 501c3.
Anyone can take donations via Paypal, you can't advertise as a tax deductible charity.

Is that a recent change or has it always been like that? There was a HUGE issue with this on another forum. I'll see if I can dig up the post.....
~Jeanine

BigDogBuford
I love snipe hunts.

Postby Pit♥bull » January 6th, 2009, 9:20 pm

Always....
PayPal lets you easily collect donations from your website. Our Donation Buttons are ideal for nonprofit groups and other organizations that collect online donations.
The key is "other organizations"
Pit♥bull
Supremely Bully

Postby BigDogBuford » January 6th, 2009, 9:25 pm

Pit$Bull wrote:Always....
PayPal lets you easily collect donations from your website. Our Donation Buttons are ideal for nonprofit groups and other organizations that collect online donations.
The key is "other organizations"

Good to know, thanks! :dance:
~Jeanine

BigDogBuford
I love snipe hunts.

Postby Pit♥bull » January 6th, 2009, 9:33 pm

The 'Mid atlantic' paypal works (I donated) it's just that their website is gone. :(
Pit♥bull
Supremely Bully

Postby CinderDee » January 6th, 2009, 9:39 pm

Let me PM some other Baltimore people and I'll post as soon as I hear anything. :?
Dee
CinderDee
I'm The Bug Whisperer

Postby TheRedQueen » January 6th, 2009, 9:59 pm

CinderDee wrote:Let me PM some other Baltimore people and I'll post as soon as I hear anything. :?

I'm on a couple of lists for Baltimore also...if you PM her details, I can check up too

TheRedQueen

Postby CinderDee » January 6th, 2009, 11:11 pm

Here's a PM from another rescuer who works with her.

"i know she went to the vets late Monday cost about 300 severe UTI...

(also know she's been dealing w my foster pup who has been severely ill, finally is released from the vet, and 2 other ones) i'll text her ... to see whats up."
Dee
CinderDee
I'm The Bug Whisperer

Postby CinderDee » January 7th, 2009, 10:29 am

More from the other rescuer. She says that Rachel is having problems with her Internet, so she texted her.

heres what she sent me in text

"on meds for at least 4 weeks. Will check urin in e 2 weeks. Waiting on blood work results 2 see what kidneys are doing. peeing constantly still has diarrhea. initational Bill was 300

her blankets are soaking wet from i get home anda stream of pee ran out of them.

has to pee every 15-20minutes, ALOt, drinking alot of fluids.
Dee
CinderDee
I'm The Bug Whisperer

Previous

Return to Rescue