Poor little Sweety

Postby Pit♥bull » January 5th, 2009, 10:44 am

http://www.solanconews.com/Community/2009/090103_humaneleague.htm

Thrown Out With the Trash, Eight Week Old Puppy Fights for Life

HARRISBURG -- An eight week old, black and white, pitbull puppy is fighting for her life at the Humane League of Lancaster after being found near death, lying next to a dumpster in the 100 block of Church St, Columbia. The puppy, who was found yesterday, was brought into the League this afternoon by the individual who found her. Shelter veterinarian, Dr. Bryan Langlois, examined the puppy, who is unable to walk at this time and is very weak.

“She looks like she has been suffering from exposure and chronic malnourishment. Right now we are just warming her up and trying to stabilize her,” Langlois stated.

The puppy, named “Wanda,” by the shelter staff, will continue to be carefully monitored and cared for throughout the weekend. Anyone with information about where the puppy came from or who may have thrown her out by the dumpster should contact the Humane League at (717) 393-6551 and ask to speak with a Humane Law Enforcement Officer.

The vision of the Humane League of Lancaster County is a humane community where all pets are protected and wanted. As the leading animal welfare organization in Lancaster County, the Humane League has been helping people and pets in the Lancaster area since 1917 and is located at 2195 Lincoln Hwy. East. For more information, visit http://www.humaneleague.com

:mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2:
Pit♥bull
Supremely Bully

Postby iluvk9 » January 5th, 2009, 7:00 pm

Yea, people suck. :sad2:
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby cheekymunkee » January 5th, 2009, 7:32 pm

Poor baby :cry:
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby TheRedQueen » January 5th, 2009, 7:37 pm

:shake: Poor baby...
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

Postby madremissy » January 5th, 2009, 8:00 pm

Hopefully the poor little thing will be alright and find a forever home.

Yes PEOPLE SUCK :mad2:
madremissy
I have a basketball and I'm not afraid to use it.

Postby LMM » January 11th, 2009, 2:15 pm

Ugh. Stories like this always make me deeply sad and angry simultaneously :(

I just got off the phone with them and "Wanda" is still with us. She is at their vet being treated and because she still isn't very mobile they are trying to figure out what is wrong with her while they treat her. The girl on the phone told me that she wouldn't be available for adoption for a few months because they will probably have to rehab her. I didn't ask but was glad to hear they will go to such lengths. She also said that she is very comfortable in a huge (ginormous was her word actually lol) comfy dog bed all to herself and she is being well taken care of.

Just thought you guys might want to know that.
LMM
I'll Kick Your Ass

Postby Pit♥bull » January 11th, 2009, 2:23 pm

LMM wrote:Ugh. Stories like this always make me deeply sad and angry simultaneously :(

I just got off the phone with them and "Wanda" is still with us. She is at their vet being treated and because she still isn't very mobile they are trying to figure out what is wrong with her while they treat her. The girl on the phone told me that she wouldn't be available for adoption for a few months because they will probably have to rehab her. I didn't ask but was glad to hear they will go to such lengths. She also said that she is very comfortable in a huge (ginormous was her word actually lol) comfy dog bed all to herself and she is being well taken care of.

Just thought you guys might want to know that.
Thanks soooooo much for the update :)

:goodthoughts: for Wanda
Pit♥bull
Supremely Bully

Return to All the news that's fit to print