eating poop?

Food, Fitness and how to keep them healthy.

Postby jcoffey917 » December 18th, 2008, 4:12 pm

This is pretty gross, but now that it's cold and snowy I have caught Cooper chewing on his frozen poop in the yard if I don't pick it up fast enough. He has never done that before- never tried to eat his poop when it wasn't frozen. Does this mean that he's missing something from his diet? Needs more vitamins? Or is he just gross? I feed him Solid Gold puppy food, so I don't think he should be missing any nutrients- also sometimes he gets a little olive oil or egg on top and I let him lick out my yogurt containers when I'm done but he doesn't get any other people food.
jcoffey917
Just Whelped

Postby LMM » December 18th, 2008, 4:41 pm

Have no fear, some dogs just do that. I have to be lightening fast when Junie poops lest Otis scarfs it down :puke: Gross bastid.

I'm thankful to the heavens above that I don't have litter poop to contend with :shock:
LMM
I'll Kick Your Ass

Postby DropkickPA » December 26th, 2008, 5:28 pm

Agatha is a poo eater extraordinaire. NOTHING I've done has stopped it. She just loves poop :| :crazy2: . She isn't picky, either. Bird poop, rabbit poop, guinea pig poop, other dog's poop, deer poop, poop in all of it's wondrous variety is a delicious snack in her mind. She gets 2x monthly fecals and is wormed monthly as a matter of course due to this. I have to be the yard poop nazi, but since she's a squat-n-snacker and I'm just not clomping out in -10 degree windchills at 5am to turd patrol, she still gets some. I'm pretty resigned to it at this point.

Hi, I'm Dropkick, and my dog is a turd burgler. :wave2:
Dropkick, Dropkid, and Agatha, of course!!
DropkickPA
Confident Young Bully

Postby katiek0417 » December 26th, 2008, 6:34 pm

Can we have a turd burglar club? Sacha is like Agatha...except she'll only eat dog poop...nothing I've done has stopped it...
"Rumor has it, compulsion is evil."

Katrina
Sacha CGC - Dumb Lab
Nisha CGC, PDC, PSA TC, PSA 1 - Crazy Malinois
Drusilla SLUT- Pet
Nemo - Dual-Purpose Narcotics
Cy TC, PSA 1, PSA 2, 2009 PSA Level 3 National Champion
Axo - Psycho Puppy
Rocky - RIP My Baby Boy
katiek0417
pointy ear hoarder

Postby madremissy » December 26th, 2008, 6:57 pm

Sign Kinzyl up for the club. Everything but dog poop. She likes the wilder version. Deer, rabbitt etc.
madremissy
I have a basketball and I'm not afraid to use it.

Postby pocketpit » December 26th, 2008, 7:18 pm

Kimber would also like to be a charter member. She is a bonafide poo fiend :puke: I've had dogs that eat poop before but not like her. "Treasure seeking" is more than just a hobby, it's her way of life.
pocketpit
Supremely Bully

Postby blabsforbullies » December 26th, 2008, 7:23 pm

Yup... Stewie the Hooey and Colby are my BM beasts! :puke: Can I have my secret decoder ring now? :D
We have a Mastiff... does that count??? :)
http://www.teamblabador.com

Akisa & Team Blabador
blabsforbullies
Giver of the Wubba

Postby Marinepits » December 26th, 2008, 8:33 pm

Ewww, not Stewie! :shock:
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby blabsforbullies » December 26th, 2008, 9:03 pm

Marinepits wrote:Ewww, not Stewie! :shock:

Not to fear :wink: ...Stewie kisses are still safe because he has to go outside to potty on a leash or he bullies all the other dogs. :devil: Plus we can keep an eye on his "snacking habits" that way! :puke:
We have a Mastiff... does that count??? :)
http://www.teamblabador.com

Akisa & Team Blabador
blabsforbullies
Giver of the Wubba

Postby airwalk » December 26th, 2008, 9:21 pm

I'm so glad I get to miss this little adventure. :D
airwalk
I live here

Postby TheRedQueen » December 26th, 2008, 9:39 pm

airwalk wrote:I'm so glad I get to miss this little adventure. :D

Yeah, my basset was a Poop Connoisseur...she got a bag of sheep poop from a friend one year for her birthday. She asked what Harding would love to get for her birthday, and I jokingly said..."sheep poop". Well, she went herding that morning and brought a fresh bag with her to the party. :puke: (it went right into the trash).

No one here eats poop...thank heavens for that!
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

Postby StalkerBlueDog » December 27th, 2008, 9:49 am

Dawn doesn't even look at the cat box.. Kaylee however had introduced me to the world of poop eaters.. she fits inside the cat box right now.. and loves eating any and all poop she can find outside.

I call them poopcicles this time of year. I'm attempting the meat tenderizer trick with her but I don't have conclusive results yet.. and I'm trying to find a low sodium one since the sodium content of meat tenderizer scares me a bit..
Jill Rakin CPDT-KA
"DAWN" U-CH Canami's Age of Aquarius CD RE AX OAJ NF CGC/TDI (1/3 AXJ, 1/5 U-GRCH, MACH pt'd)
"KAYLEE" U-CH Canami's Protector of Serenity (AKC major Pt'd)
"LEIA" Sorella's Rebel Princess (UKC pt'd)
"LUKE"Canami Sorella's A New Hope RN
StalkerBlueDog
My dog can kick your sheep's ass

Postby pitbullmamaliz » December 27th, 2008, 10:02 am

You guys have gross dogs. Thank god my little angel never had a phase like that.

:poop:
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby DropkickPA » December 27th, 2008, 12:05 pm

StalkerBlueDog wrote: I'm attempting the meat tenderizer trick with her but I don't have conclusive results yet.

Agatha thinks meat tenderizer adds a delightful flavor profile to poo, as does pineapple, garlic, the anti-poo eatin pills, and all the other tricks we've tried. There really is no stopping her. Even her really good "leave it" command just encourages fast gobbling in this case :| . I've at least taught her that she has to immediately go to her water bowl and get a drink when she comes in to try to rinse her mouth out a bit. Thankfully, she doesn't mind having her teeth brushed, as it's done almost daily.
Dropkick, Dropkid, and Agatha, of course!!
DropkickPA
Confident Young Bully

Postby TinaMartin » December 29th, 2008, 9:45 am

Gator is a reformed snacker. As a pup he would do anything to get a mouthful.
Not only am I a member of the Michelle says my dog is fat club I'm the president!
I can Alpha Roll hair!
TinaMartin
The Hair Whisperer

Postby lellis34 » December 29th, 2008, 3:28 pm

Roxy is a definate poop eater. I'm trying to break her, but every chance she gets she sneaks into the kitty litter box. :puke: Of course, she also poops right in the middle of the sidewalk too? :crazy2:
Ming Ming: “celery is great after a good pee”
Tuck: “you can say that again”
Ming Ming: “celery is great after a good pee”
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vW-ZxcPE33w
lellis34
Bull Meister

Postby Pit♥bull » December 29th, 2008, 3:47 pm

Bird 'poop' must be real tasty (I haven't tried it :puke: ), but Trouble can't get her fill :|
Pit♥bull
Supremely Bully

Postby iluvk9 » December 30th, 2008, 8:41 am

Ms. Darlene Linguine prefers frozen poop-cicles so I only have to worry about her in the winter.

Lenny seems to come in the house licking his lips, so I am thinking he is having a party out there, too.
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Return to Nutrition & Health