New here from Rochester NY :)

Please tell us about yourself! You will not be able to post on the rest of the board until you have posted here

Postby Rolex+Deebo » December 27th, 2008, 6:04 pm

I think I just might take you up on that. It sounds like there have been some changes.

What happened was this:
When I got Rolex I was told he will die within the year. So I did no training, and spoiled him rotten lol. When he was about a year and a half, I figured well, I better start working with him, cuz he might actually make it. So I started looking in to classes. By this time he was very DA, and out of control. I signed up for a beginner class, and to my surprise, he did great! I figured out that when there is alot of dogs around he is fine. Its when there is one to concentrate on, he flips out. Well the first class I got nothing but dirty looks, and the instructor didn't talk to me once. The second class there was a lady with a Aussie doing those annoying spins to get the dog pumped up to work. She kept on geting in to our space, so I would move further, and further, .... Rolex was doing great with his "watch me". Then one of the spins went a little wide, and she almost knocked me and Rolex over with her butt. When that happened, Rolex let out a BIG roar, and lunged at the dog. He was well under control so he didn't even get close to the other dog. When this happened, the lady started screaming that he is going to eat her and her dog. The instructor came over to me and started yelling at me in front of the whole class that if I cant control my aggressive pit bull I cant be in the class. I tried to explain what happened, but she wouldn't even let me talk. So I walked out, lost my $90, and never looked back. I started doing classes with William Payne, I love him, he did wonders for me and Rolex. I just cant drive 45 min for classes these days. :(
But if you say their better, I might try it out. But if something like that happens again, I will make a BIG stink this time. I'm not a 19yo shy, soft spoken girl no more. I grew up and grew a mouth :devil:
I now can stand up for my self. :neener:
PR Top Line's Inna White Tee CGC ~aka~ ♥Rolex♥
Deebo ~aka~ Slobber Monkey
Scahill's Goddess Of Light CGC TDI ~aka~ Ziva

Until he extends his circle of compassion to include all living things, man will not himself find peace. Albert Schweitzer
Rolex+Deebo
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby cheekymunkee » December 27th, 2008, 6:06 pm

He is BEAUTIFUL!
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby cheekymunkee » December 27th, 2008, 6:07 pm

Oh & we welcome mouthy girls! You now have a WHOLE message board full of them :D
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby mnp13 » December 27th, 2008, 7:08 pm

I've been there, done that with DOTCORNY... quite recently in fact. ;)

There are a good number of instructors who are not at all like that. I'm pretty much done with teaching classes, but I can point you in the right direction for instructors who see the dogs in their classes and not the breeds. the next meeting is the second Thursday in January if you'd like to stop in and check it out.

Welcome!
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby Rolex+Deebo » December 27th, 2008, 7:28 pm

mnp13, whats done is done. And I am willing to try again :D
how is Dalena Franklin? I was thinking of signing up for her "intro to Rally" class if its not full already. :|
Also there is a "FUN DAY AT DOTCORNY" the 28th, oh, that's tomorrow! :doh:
Will anybody be there from here? Do I bring the dog, or go my self? What do you do there?

Until he extends his circle of compassion to include all living things, man will not himself find peace. Albert Schweitzer
Rolex+Deebo
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby mnp13 » December 27th, 2008, 7:57 pm

I won't be there tomorrow, but if you have the time, I would definately stop down and check it out. I think Mandy set the whole thing up, she's definately Pit Bull friendly. Since you haven't been there recently with your dogs, I would suggest you either go on your own or bring a crate with blankets so they can stay in the car if necessary.

I'm not 100% sure what's going on, but it'll be fun lol
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby LMM » December 27th, 2008, 9:04 pm

Rolex is gorgeous! I am loving that "don't hate me because I'm beautiful" looking back at you pose in the last picture lol
LMM
I'll Kick Your Ass

Postby Rolex+Deebo » December 27th, 2008, 10:14 pm

Ok, I'm going to try Deebo pics
befre (3 days after I found them)

after
happy boy smile
4 months after found.
Showing off his new Collarmania
belly rub?
the stink-eye
X-mas torture
the end :D
Rolex+Deebo
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby TheRedQueen » December 27th, 2008, 10:24 pm

:shock: what a difference in the before and after pics!

Both are absolutely beautiful! Thanks for sharing their pics!
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

Postby pitbullmamaliz » December 27th, 2008, 10:24 pm

Good god you have gorgeous dogs! Though I'm partial to white dogs, so please ship Rolex to me ASAP.
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby Rolex+Deebo » December 27th, 2008, 10:54 pm

TheRedQueen , I know, when I brought him in for his boosters, the Vet. thought I brought a different dog lol
pitbullmamaliz, I will not! He is all mine! For ever! and ever! :neener:

Rolex+Deebo
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby LMM » December 27th, 2008, 11:31 pm

Oooooooooooo I love Deebo! HIs huge pitty grin just got me :D
LMM
I'll Kick Your Ass

Postby madremissy » December 27th, 2008, 11:48 pm

:loveU: :loveU: :loveU:

Oh my goodness, they are both just beautiful.
madremissy
I have a basketball and I'm not afraid to use it.

Postby StalkerBlueDog » December 28th, 2008, 10:04 am

The fun day is a bunch of obedience and agility games.. A few different venues of agility and then some random games using obedience skills. Last year they played musical chairs..you had to stop when the music stoped, put your dog into a sit stay, and go find a chair. it was hysterical.. the last two people in (Bonnie and Marion for those that know them) fought for the chair and actually broke it..! :ROFL2:

I would second Michelle's suggestion of stopping by without the dog to check it out this round. Come watch today or come to the next meeting and we can point you in the direction of some great people who have no problem working with ALL breeds.

Oh.. and a sad note.. if you were working with Bill before he actually passed away this year. His wife just closed up the training school this summer..
Jill Rakin CPDT-KA
"DAWN" U-CH Canami's Age of Aquarius CD RE AX OAJ NF CGC/TDI (1/3 AXJ, 1/5 U-GRCH, MACH pt'd)
"KAYLEE" U-CH Canami's Protector of Serenity (AKC major Pt'd)
"LEIA" Sorella's Rebel Princess (UKC pt'd)
"LUKE"Canami Sorella's A New Hope RN
StalkerBlueDog
My dog can kick your sheep's ass

Postby maberi » December 28th, 2008, 12:09 pm

Rolex+Deebo wrote:mnp13, whats done is done. And I am willing to try again :D
how is Dalena Franklin? I was thinking of signing up for her "intro to Rally" class if its not full already. :|
Also there is a "FUN DAY AT DOTCORNY" the 28th, oh, that's tomorrow! :doh:
Will anybody be there from here? Do I bring the dog, or go my self? What do you do there?

Welcome to the forum

If you do decide to take the intro to rally class I will probably see you. I'm planning on enrolling in it with my Lab Earl to try something new.
Look beyond what your own eyes see
maberi
I Save My Empty Calories For The Bottle

Postby StalkerBlueDog » December 28th, 2008, 12:46 pm

The intro to rally classes are usually pretty low-key, and the dogs run individually on the courses one at a time after you learn the signs so it might be a nice fit for your guy. The instructor has whippets but is used to dealing with dogs that need their space (she has a few that do). I'm there for the first night of classes so we can chat if you do decide to take the class.
Jill Rakin CPDT-KA
"DAWN" U-CH Canami's Age of Aquarius CD RE AX OAJ NF CGC/TDI (1/3 AXJ, 1/5 U-GRCH, MACH pt'd)
"KAYLEE" U-CH Canami's Protector of Serenity (AKC major Pt'd)
"LEIA" Sorella's Rebel Princess (UKC pt'd)
"LUKE"Canami Sorella's A New Hope RN
StalkerBlueDog
My dog can kick your sheep's ass

Postby mnp13 » December 28th, 2008, 12:53 pm

StalkerBlueDog wrote:The instructor has whippets but is used to dealing with dogs that need their space (she has a few that do). I'm there for the first night of classes so we can chat if you do decide to take the class.

I'm tellllllllinnnnnnnnnn. She has Italian Greyhounds not Whippets! lol

Delena actually let one of her IG's meet Riggs. Like a lot of people, Pit Bulls may not be her choice of breed, but she doesn't have anything against them (or their owners. ;) ) Her dogs are pretty cool too.
Michelle

mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby Rolex+Deebo » December 28th, 2008, 2:29 pm

StalkerBlueDog wrote:Oh.. and a sad note.. if you were working with Bill before he actually passed away this year. His wife just closed up the training school this summer..

OMG, I didnt even know! The last class I took, was about a year and a half ago. When? How?
:cry: my god, I absolutely loved Bill. That is very sad news to me.

Rolex+Deebo
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby airwalk » December 28th, 2008, 2:39 pm

Welcome. Rolex and Deebo are both stunning!
airwalk
I live here

Postby demolitionic » December 29th, 2008, 8:23 pm

Both the kids are freakin' gorgeous. Deebo is such a big ol' ham! I love his grin!
Time to nut up or shut up.
demolitionic
Devoutly Bully

Previous

Return to Introductions