CT- EX URGENT--SWEET YOUNG Staffie will be PTS

Postby HedyLitke » March 30th, 2006, 12:55 pm

PLEASE CROSS POST

Westport Animal Control <http://www.petfinder.org/shelters/CT184.html>
Westport, CT
(203) 341-5076

SUPER URGENT, PLS. HELP BARNEY - SWEET, YOUNG, WILL BE KILLED SOON-WESTPORT, CT SHELTER
Please cross post to help find this dog a home.

THIS PRECIOUS DOG BARNEY HAS BEEN AT THE WESTPORT ANIMAL SHELTER FOR 10 MONTHS NOW. HE IS VERY SWEET, GOOD WITH OTHER ANIMALS, JUST NEEDS SOME BASIC TRAINING. IMAGINE LIVING IN A CAGE ALMOST ONE YEAR, NOT AN EASY THING FOR ANY ANIMAL.

THEY WILL BE EUTHANIZING BARNEY SHORTLY IF A GOOD HOME OR RESCUE ORGANIZATION DOES NOT SAVE HIM. PLEASE HELP. PLEASE ALSO NETWORK, CROSS POST AND SPREAD THE WORD AS FAST AS YOU CAN.

CONTACT PETER D'AMICO DIRECTLY AT THE SHELTER 203 341 5076, ALL INFORMATION IS THERE. PLEASE HELP BARNEY BEFORE IT IS TOO LATE.

Barney
Dog
Staffordshire Bull Terrier Mix

Size: Large
Sex: Male
ID:

Notes: To Know Barney is to Love Barney! This beautiful brown-eyed boy is a one-and-a-half-year-old Shepherd/Staffordshire Terrier mix who befriends everyone he meets. He's energetic and playful, and loves going for walks and rides in the car. His intelligence and happy disposition make him a quick learner and wonderful companion. With his good looks and loving character, he has the potential to become a legend! Barney is already neutered, current on his vaccines and weighs about 65 pounds. To make an appointment to meet him, call Westport Animal Control at (203)341-5076. For questions, e-mail wsptac@aol.com

This pet is: up to date with routine shots, altered

This pet is eligible for a gift of the first month of ShelterCare pet insurance paid for by Petfinder.com.
For more information on pet insurance please visit us online at http://www.sheltercare.com/ <http://www.sheltercare.com/> or call 1-866-375-PETS.

Westport Animal Control <http://www.petfinder.org/shelters/CT184.html>
Westport, CT
(203) 341-5076
WsptAC@aol.com <mailto:WsptAC@aol.com?subject=Petfinder Pet Inquiry: Barney (Id )>
HedyLitke
Just Whelped

Postby Sue » April 5th, 2006, 9:20 am

Is there any update on this guy?
Sue
Bull Meister

Postby Sue » April 6th, 2006, 4:37 pm

UPDATE:

There is someone going down next week to see if he gets along with her dogs, if all works out well, he will be home. If not, there is a foster for him.
Sue
Bull Meister

Postby a-bull » April 6th, 2006, 4:56 pm

Oh good. I got the e-mail about him, but I didn't know what happened.

Fingers crossed . . . :)
DISCLAIMER:

My posts are my own opinions unless otherwise stated. They are not necessarily correct for all dogs or all owners.
a-bull
I live here

Postby Sue » April 11th, 2006, 8:48 am

Barney was adopted yesterday :D
Sue
Bull Meister

Postby a-bull » April 11th, 2006, 12:46 pm

Wow, that's so great . . . :)
DISCLAIMER:

My posts are my own opinions unless otherwise stated. They are not necessarily correct for all dogs or all owners.
a-bull
I live here

Postby Purple » April 11th, 2006, 10:19 pm

Excellent!
Purple
I live here

Postby Murfins » April 12th, 2006, 11:41 am

:purpleBanana:
Murfins
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby Sue » April 13th, 2006, 9:11 am

Bad news.... Barney was returned :( The adopters have a male pitx that didn't think too kindly of him. After some consultations with trainers, it was decided to return him. He would be the perfect dog for someone without another dog or one that would be receptive to a sibling. Don't know what's going to happen to him now :( He was supposed to be PTS this week...
Sue
Bull Meister

Postby Jenn » April 13th, 2006, 9:33 am

:(
Jenn
undecided

Postby Maryellen » April 13th, 2006, 9:50 am

stupid adopters... they should have done their research.. no same sex..... now barney has to pay.. damit
Maryellen
I live here

Postby a-bull » April 13th, 2006, 8:04 pm

wtf . . . damn---that bums me out . . .
DISCLAIMER:

a-bull
I live here

Postby Sue » April 13th, 2006, 9:01 pm

Maryellen wrote:stupid adopters... they should have done their research.. no same sex..... now barney has to pay.. damit

He was scheduled to be pts this week, the fact that he was returned is insignificant.
Sue
Bull Meister

Postby a-bull » April 13th, 2006, 9:20 pm

yeah, he was one of those "urgents," wasn't he? :cry:

Think anyone will step up? Any potential fosters/adopters???
DISCLAIMER:

a-bull
I live here

Postby Sue » April 13th, 2006, 9:37 pm

Working on it...
Sue
Bull Meister

Postby a-bull » April 13th, 2006, 10:03 pm

fingers crossed . . .
DISCLAIMER:

a-bull
I live here

Postby Murfins » April 13th, 2006, 10:20 pm

:(
Murfins
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Return to Rescue