Newbie from PA

Please tell us about yourself! You will not be able to post on the rest of the board until you have posted here

Postby annieinpa » January 18th, 2006, 11:37 am

Hello everyone!! My name is Ann. I'm married and have 3 small children and 2 dogs. I have a Pit Bull name Petie he was a rescue. we had him since he was a pup. I also have a German Shepard.

i am an area representative for Dogs Deserve Better. I especially love helping the Pit Bull Breed.

I'll stop babbling now.
annieinpa
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby mnp13 » January 18th, 2006, 11:41 am

Oh, please babble some more!!!! (seriously!) 8)
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby Romanwild » January 18th, 2006, 11:56 am

Welcome! :D
Romanwild
I live here

Postby cheekymunkee » January 18th, 2006, 12:10 pm

I think I know you!! Aren't you married to a cop? Please, post a more indepth bio so we can approve you to post in all the forums. Oh and welcome!!
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby annieinpa » January 18th, 2006, 12:39 pm

Hello cheeky!! :) yes my husband is a cop. I'm 27 (soon to be 28) yrs old. My daughter Jenn is 7yrs, my son Tyler is 4yrs and my son Chris Jr. is 3yrs.

Ruger our gsd is 5yrs old and Petie our loving big baby pit bull is 3yrs old.

We just moved to a huge single house. I'm a stay at home mom. Eventually wanting to start my own business.

I'm an area rep for Dogs Deserve Better. What I do is try to get people who chain/pen their dog to sign them over to me. I try to find foster/forever homes (hoping to have foster homes first) and make the dog(s) part of a family again.

Last yr. in Schyukill county over a dozen dogs froze to death, I want to try and prevent that from happening. I know and realize that I can't save every dog but i like to try and save as many as possible.

I have a huge area, different cities, towns, and counties to cover. I need to get a fundraiser going so I'll have money to help dogs in need.

The money that I get from the fundraiser will go into a checking account that I will open and when there is a dog in need, I write a check out to the vet's office direct to have the surgery, s/n, or utd on shots taken care of.

If you need more info, please let me know and I will be happy to give you more. you can always visit the Dogs Deserve Better website also.
thanks. :)
Last edited by annieinpa on January 18th, 2006, 12:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
annieinpa
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby Kangas Mommy » January 18th, 2006, 12:40 pm

HEY THERE GIRL! Glad to see you made it here! Seems like a great forum and awesome group of people! WELCOME! :sun:
Kangas Mommy
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby cheekymunkee » January 18th, 2006, 12:57 pm

There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby Maryellen » January 18th, 2006, 1:19 pm

Welcome to the forum and a big Congratulations for what you do!!
Maryellen
I live here

Postby Purple » January 18th, 2006, 2:40 pm

Wow, I didn't know sucha group existed her in PA. Welcome, and I look forward to hearing your success stories!
Purple
I live here

Postby annieinpa » January 18th, 2006, 5:29 pm

Thanks everyone.

Since I've been a rep (almost 3yrs now). I got to help numerous dogs (transport) and getting them off chains. I found homes for them also.

The hardest part is trying to find foster homes/forever homes for these dogs.

I'm hoping that my fundraiser will be a success. The last one was so good.

When spring comes around I'd like to have something outdoors to raise money. Not sure what though.

Then again I'm always open for suggestions.
annieinpa
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby CinderDee » January 19th, 2006, 12:47 am

Hi Annie,

I know you too! :D Welcome!
Dee
CinderDee
I'm The Bug Whisperer

Postby panda » January 19th, 2006, 1:03 am

:hello: Annie
Dead Dog Walking Pit Bull Rescue
http://deaddogwalkingpitbullrescue.org/
panda
Loyally Bully

Postby ammitnme » January 19th, 2006, 5:28 am

Welcome Annie!!!
And everyone else that I have missed welcoming... :oops:
Annie...I am creating an educational packet for officials and would love to include some DDB info if possible..
Leisa
ammitnme
Just Whelped

Postby annieinpa » January 19th, 2006, 5:43 pm

Hello everyone.

Leisa, that would be great. The more help to educate the public the better.

What would you need? Would I be able to get a copy of the packet after you have it finished.

Thanks again for wanting to help.
annieinpa
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby turtle » January 19th, 2006, 10:44 pm

Hi Annie! I remember you from Pit Bull Pets.... Congrats on the new house, I'm sure you are all happy to have more room!

I remember Ruger and Petie, and didn't you have another pit bull named Thor? Did you talk your hubby into getting Ruger neutered?

Thanks for helping the dogs! I remember you also took in and found a home for a young pit, Yukon wasn't it?
turtle
Loyally Bully

Postby annieinpa » January 20th, 2006, 4:16 pm

Hello gf!!!! :D I haven't been on pbp for some time now. (don't know if I'm still a member)

Yes everyone loves the new house. Thanks. Bigger house smaller yard.But that's alright.

Yes I did have Thor. I had to find him a new home. It was in the summer and I went to help my daughter. My youngest son (no fear) starting jumping and tormenting Thor. (Thor was rescued as he was severly abused, neglected you name it it was him) I took my son away from him and told him to leave Thor alone. I turned my back for a second and my son starting screaming.

I turned around and his face was bleeding. Thor did growl at him the first time, and i told chris to leave him alone. I turned my back for a second and he kept bothering Thor and thor bit him under the eye.

The blood was coming out I ran to my friend's house who is a nurse. She calmed me down and helped me. I decided to take him to the ER,just to make sure everything was ok.

Mind you I had Thor for 3-4yrs nothing like this ever happened. I sat in the ER everyone was helping me.

Luckly my son didn't need stitiches. but he did get put on antibiotics. After that we decided to find Thor a home where there is no children, and the person doesn't have any dogs.

It was very hard for me to let Thor go, I cried so did my children. but I didn't want to take a chance. I gave Thor the best home he had for the time he was with me.

My friend (the nurse) is the one who helped me find Thor a home. He went to a guy who is treating Thor like a King. Thor is the only animal, and he gets alot of one on one.

I had alot of people yelling at me b/c I didn't want to find Thor a new home (I said it only happened once, I won't happen again) but I thought about it and had to what was best for Thor.

The day I had to give Thor to this guy, I cried and felt like I was giving away one of my kids. I made the guy promise me that he would treat Thor good, and take care of him. (i told him if he hurt thor, I'd be knocking on his door and giving him a beaten).

Thor is happy and I still miss him, he was my baby.

As for Ruger, no hubby won't agree to getting him neutered. :(

Yukon is doing good in his new home.

I also saved another pittie that was walking around hazleton w/a tow chain around it's neck w/a padlock. (it was very cold out that morning, and the poor baby was shivering and very hungary)

Hubby helped me find her a good home.
annieinpa
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby mnp13 » January 20th, 2006, 6:11 pm

annieinpa wrote:
As for Ruger, no hubby won't agree to getting him neutered.

http://forum.animalrescuecooperation.or ... 382.0.html
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby CinderDee » January 20th, 2006, 6:22 pm

That might be a great solution for you Annie! :thumbsup:
Dee
CinderDee
I'm The Bug Whisperer

Postby annieinpa » January 21st, 2006, 5:04 am

Thanks Michelle!!

I'll have to ask my vet if they do this. I never heard of this before. I have to find out how much it costs.
annieinpa
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby turtle » January 22nd, 2006, 1:49 am

It sounds like you did the best thing for Thor. He's a lucky dog to get a home where he's the only dog and gets all the attention! I'm glad he's ok, I almost did not ask about him... And good to hear Yukon is happy in his home, too.
turtle
Loyally Bully

Return to Introductions