Getting a dog tested, hips, knees and heart...

Food, Fitness and how to keep them healthy.

Postby ZachMan » April 13th, 2006, 3:07 pm

and yes when she is 2 or whatever she may not like Frazer, so seperation isn't a problem they are like that now when I am not home.

I can go get her tested I know I can get an EKG an pinhip done now, buit I am truely not worried, she has to put up with Frazers screwing around with her all the time and she seems healty to me. She doesn't cough or have any weird breathing sounds. She just loves to run and fraking jump alot..alot.
ZachMan
Just Whelped

Postby Sariss » April 13th, 2006, 3:11 pm

Ok, I know a lot of people are pro-rescue, but WHAT is supposed to come out of bashing ZachMan at every corner? It won't do anything, except frustrating him futher. What, do you want him to put the dog down? Give it back to the breeder? Give it to a shelter?

I know everyone is pissed off about it, but honestly. What's done is done. He has the dog, she gets along excellent with his male. Just stop attacking him left right and centre. It may have had an effect if he was "looking" at the dog, but he has the dog.
Sariss
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby Maryellen » April 13th, 2006, 3:14 pm

since the breeder had her for 4 months,just keep an eye on her hips and the way she sits... if she winds up with hip displasia you can manage it now with medicine that is not costly. just keep an eye on her as she is growing too, and you want to make sure you catch any problems if any....
Maryellen
I live here

Postby ZachMan » April 13th, 2006, 3:46 pm

Maryellen wrote:since the breeder had her for 4 months,just keep an eye on her hips and the way she sits... if she winds up with hip displasia you can manage it now with medicine that is not costly. just keep an eye on her as she is growing too, and you want to make sure you catch any problems if any....

Do you suggest getting the pinhip done soon then? She sits like Frazer, but for all I know they both may have problems later, I sure hope not.
ZachMan
Just Whelped

Postby ZachMan » April 13th, 2006, 3:47 pm

Sariss wrote:Ok, I know a lot of people are pro-rescue, but WHAT is supposed to come out of bashing ZachMan at every corner? It won't do anything, except frustrating him futher. What, do you want him to put the dog down? Give it back to the breeder? Give it to a shelter?

I know everyone is pissed off about it, but honestly. What's done is done. He has the dog, she gets along excellent with his male. Just stop attacking him left right and centre. It may have had an effect if he was "looking" at the dog, but he has the dog.

Thats like a breath of fresh air.
ZachMan
Just Whelped

Postby Maryellen » April 13th, 2006, 3:50 pm

i would get her hips checked yes, and then when she hits 2 get them done again...if the xrays show she has hip displasia, i have a post in health about Syn Flex, its joint medicine that has worked great with my displastic dog... preventative measures now will prevent serious stuff later, and will help alot..
Maryellen
I live here

Postby bustersmama » April 13th, 2006, 4:03 pm

I am over this, if people that alreayd ran over me once would stop I'd like to move on. Again you guys (not Chris) don't know me, if for whatever reason you got hurt or feel I am a bad person over this then thats okay and lets move on. I am so tired of this....

We are ALL tired Zach, trust me..

All the effort some put into bashing me over this one little dog is crazy, think of all th other good things you could be doing instead of bashing me. Its too late and whats done is done. I was banned for no good reason on pitbullforum and that to me was more than enough and if I could log back on (and I may) I may not be so nice. I feel like I 've been ran over by a train and you guys won't stop its crazy...hell go yell at all those other "blue" owners showing off their dogs over there in the picture forum and get the %^&$ off my back cause I am tired

You were banned because you were armed with ALL the information needed to make an EDUCATED decision and you didnt make one. (at least thats my understanding) Then you went and made a post about it. Either way you made a CHOICE and have even said that you didnt "care" (or something to that effect) that you were getting an un-health tested dog. YOu have been a member in the pit bull community- especially the rescue oriented one long enough to know that people are going to ask questions about unethical breeders or purchases. The worst part is, is that you WENT to all those shelter and met and saw all those homeless dogs and still went and bought one. Its just sad.

ZachMan wrote:
I don' know there names I'll have to hear back from the owner. I have posted all I know.

AND

to tell you the truth, I don't want and will not take an apology. Kinda hard to apologize after the person you're talking to hase been ran over so many times. I'll PM you there names, but lets let this die. Not like an apology from you means squat now..I see the type person you are. You guys are soo gung ho over this you'd rather see me killed and someone kill my pup just because I got her.

I dont need your forgivness Zach. If I am wrong, I can and will admit it. Whether you accept it or not is up to you.l

Lastly, I dont wish to see anyone killed - let alone any innocent dog.
bustersmama
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby bustersmama » April 13th, 2006, 4:05 pm

Sariss wrote:Ok, I know a lot of people are pro-rescue, but WHAT is supposed to come out of bashing ZachMan at every corner? It won't do anything, except frustrating him futher. What, do you want him to put the dog down? Give it back to the breeder? Give it to a shelter?

Hey now, you are the FIRST person 99.9% of the time to jump on someone, so lets not play the hero here.
bustersmama
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby Romanwild » April 13th, 2006, 4:09 pm

AHEM.

There will be no name calling on this forum. EVER. (buttersmama) :wink:

Thank you.

Seriously....I have no problem with this thread so far. But the one rule we are hardcore about is no name calling or personal attacks.

I purchased my "champion bloodline, big headed blue pit bull" from a byb as well. A couple more months of research and I would have made a different decision.

No one has suggested you put your dog down. No one here would unless there was a good reason.

If you two don't want to continue this then stop responding. You will still be welcome here and we will all learn from each other. In fact the longer you stay around the more you will see why two boards have responded to you this way.
Romanwild
I live here

Postby crimsonandwhite » April 13th, 2006, 4:24 pm

buster...would you agree that an unethical purchase would be a purchase where the dog would be put toward fighting or abused???i dont think zach made an unethical buy...he bought a dog and gave it a home...whats so bad about that...

the hip problems are also very common in labs as some of you may know...my dogs parents didnt have it but its genetics...and if any of you paid attention in high school biology you may know a lil bout genetics and how they will come out in the offspring...a couple litters may be free from it but then one litter might have a couple that have it...Mendell square is something they use to determine the outcomes and their percentages...i know this may sound a lil dumb but it has helped me greatly in terms of understanding how deformities and such come about..but i used to breed fish..mainly angelfish...i can predict the percentages of the spawn(babies) will have long fins, certain coloring, ect...what im trying to get at is you can have two healthy adults with no sign of any problems but ya never know what you may get...the beauty of genes...whoa..that was a lot...hope it makes some sense...
crimsonandwhite
Just Whelped

Postby bustersmama » April 13th, 2006, 4:25 pm

I DID name call! I am sorry Zach. :oops:
bustersmama
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby ZachMan » April 13th, 2006, 4:45 pm

Maryellen wrote:i would get her hips checked yes, and then when she hits 2 get them done again...if the xrays show she has hip displasia, i have a post in health about Syn Flex, its joint medicine that has worked great with my displastic dog... preventative measures now will prevent serious stuff later, and will help alot..

Thank you for your help.
ZachMan
Just Whelped

Postby ZachMan » April 13th, 2006, 4:51 pm

bustersmama wrote: and have even said that you didnt "care" (or something to that effect)

Never did I said that NEVER. I can't see what I posted a few days ago on a banned forum, but that wouldn't leave my mouth. I know I said at the time the parents probablly weren't tested or something like that. that is all
ZachMan
Just Whelped

Postby ZachMan » April 13th, 2006, 4:52 pm

bustersmama wrote:
We are ALL tired Zach, trust me..

its not showing

:|
Last edited by ZachMan on April 13th, 2006, 4:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ZachMan
Just Whelped

Postby ZachMan » April 13th, 2006, 4:53 pm

bustersmama wrote:

Hey now, you are the FIRST person 99.9% of the time to jump on someone, so lets not play the hero here.

and ride them for days making them feel like they are being stalked just t ocut them down more? no..
ZachMan
Just Whelped

Postby mnp13 » April 13th, 2006, 5:09 pm

ENOUGH ALREADY!! (be productive or just drop it, ok?)

Zach- there are many reasons that people here and PBF are upset with your decision. First, you had the tools at your disposal to find a dog from a responsible breeder, and you did not choose to use them. There are thousands of Pit Bulls available in your area (in every area) and no one is really buying it that you looked all that hard. You did an exaustive search of shelters, but the first BYB you went to had the 'right' dog? Sorry... I'm just not gonna swallow that.

Crimson - "the parents looked fine"?? Then you post about the genetic squares from high school Biology. Your own example defeates your arguement. You obviously understand that genetic problems can skip generations, so if the past FEW generations of Zach's dog's pedigree are not healthy you know that the pup may not be either.

Being from "champion lines" is bunk. People say that when there is one single champion dog in the past 6 generations. If you don't have the pedigree in hand and see the titles (conformation and performance) listed there then they are feeding you a line.

All that said - this was done before you joined this forum. I don't agree with your decision, but I can't change it and I certinaly don't want you to get rid of her now.

See the dog in my avatar? She's from a BYB puppy miller of the worst order. We all had to start somewhere...

I'm sure you feel ganged up on, and well, sometimes that happens. The people here are concerned, that's all. Do the best you can with your puppy and no one can ask anythying more of you. I believe you when you say that you are committed to her for life, and that's all anyone can ask of you at this point.
Last edited by mnp13 on April 13th, 2006, 9:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby ellie@ny » April 13th, 2006, 6:10 pm

mnp13 wrote:ENOUGH!

Zach- there are many reasons that people here and PBF are upset with your decision. First, you had the tools at your disposal to find a dog from a responsible breeder, and you did not choose to use them. There are thousands of Pit Bulls available in your area (in every area) and no one is really buying it that you looked all that hard. You did an exaustive search of shelters, but the first BYB you went to had the 'right' dog? Sorry... I'm just not gonna swallow that.

Crimson - "the parents looked fine"?? Then you post about the genetic squares from high school Biology. Your own example defeates your arguement. You obviously understand that genetic problems can skip generations, so if the past FEW generations of Zach's dog's pedigree are not healthy you know that the pup may not be either.

Being from "champion lines" is bunk. People say that when there is one single champion dog in the past 6 generations. If you don't have the pedigree in hand and see the titles (conformation and performance) listed there then they are feeding you a line.

All that said - this was done before you joined this forum. I don't agree with your decision, but I can't change it and I certinaly don't want you to get rid of her now.

See the dog in my avatar? She's from a BYB puppy miller of the worst order. We all had to start somewhere...

I'm sure you feel ganged up on, and well, sometimes that happens. The people here are concerned, that's all. Do the best you can with your puppy and no one can ask anythying more of you. I believe you when you say that you are committed to her for life, and that's all anyone can ask of you at this point.
WELL SAID!

Btw just because there are CH's in a ped,that doesn't mean every pup will be one.There is show quality and pet.And that doesn't mean only CH parents can produce show quality pups.Sadly,It's not that easy......
Ellie
----------------------------------------
"Winners aren't born...they're made.And they're made just like anything else...through hard work.That's the price we'll have to pay to achive that goal."
ellie@ny
Full of Bully

Postby crimsonandwhite » April 13th, 2006, 6:15 pm

most of the time the only ones that will be on site are the parents...not the dogs from 6 generations ago...so no..my example does not defeat my arguement...and yeah...i did check up on my dogs pedigree...the chocolate's "grandpa" i guess you would say is a champion and has won many awards...my black lab parents are all champion not in show but in competition like retreiveing and such...but seeing how i moved and my papers are with my dad who lives out of town...and thats besides the point...the people should be more concerned that i wont love my dog or treat it right...not concerned on where i got it...it has a good home and that should be that...am i right??we are all dog lovers here arent we...and so what if he got the first one he saw???i have never known anyone not to love a puppy...ive never turned mine down...i saw them and i loved them...that simple...he did do an exaustive search...i live with him...went to high school with him...i know...he sent me emails of pics from girls and he had been lookin for months prior to lucy...
crimsonandwhite
Just Whelped

Postby crimsonandwhite » April 13th, 2006, 6:16 pm

ellie thats tru...but i dont care if my dogs become champs or not cause in my heart they already are...they are smart and obidient...and the love me unconditionally as i do them...and isnt that what we all want???
crimsonandwhite
Just Whelped

Postby ellie@ny » April 13th, 2006, 6:21 pm

Of course! IMO they are pets first....at least at my house.
Ellie
----------------------------------------
"Winners aren't born...they're made.And they're made just like anything else...through hard work.That's the price we'll have to pay to achive that goal."
ellie@ny
Full of Bully

PreviousNext

Return to Nutrition & Health