Trouble's Diagnosis

Here is where we can discuss canine cancers and treatment options to create a support system for those dealing with the disease.

Postby BullyLady » December 19th, 2008, 3:21 pm

Yay Trouble!!! I'm SO glad to hear she's doing well. :mrgreen:
"I'm not all bad but I'm a faithful sinner."
~Dave Matthews
Cathleen
Shelby - AB Mix 1 yr - CGC
BullyLady
Proud Uber Nerd

Postby CinderDee » December 19th, 2008, 4:48 pm

Oh, that is such awesome news! I couldn't be happier for you guys!!!! :confetti: :woowoo: :bounce:
Dee
CinderDee
I'm The Bug Whisperer

Postby Jenn » December 19th, 2008, 4:52 pm

:clap: :woowoo: YAY Trouble!!
I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not so sure....
Jenn
undecided

Postby iluvk9 » December 19th, 2008, 5:00 pm

Looks like the ups and downs have turned to UPS ONLY! :)
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby pitbullmamaliz » December 19th, 2008, 5:12 pm

That's awesome! So when do we get more pics???
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby amazincc » December 19th, 2008, 6:48 pm

YAY for great news!!!! :D
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby madremissy » December 19th, 2008, 7:13 pm

:woowoo: :woowoo:

Great Update.
madremissy
I have a basketball and I'm not afraid to use it.

Postby cheekymunkee » December 19th, 2008, 7:13 pm

I am SO happy to share this joy! Good job Trouble! :)
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby airwalk » December 19th, 2008, 7:18 pm

Great news, I'm glad to hear she is doing so well and getting stronger every day! Keep up the good work.
airwalk
I live here

Postby Pit♥bull » December 19th, 2008, 7:25 pm

Trouble says it's due to all the :goodthoughts: she is receiving from her friends at PBT :dance:
Pit♥bull
Supremely Bully

Postby blabsforbullies » December 20th, 2008, 10:49 am

8) Way to go Trouble! 8)
:woowoo: You go girl!!! :woowoo:
:bounce: :greenRibbon: KICK THAT CANCER'S BUTT!!! :greenRibbon: :bounce:
We have a Mastiff... does that count??? :)
http://www.teamblabador.com

Akisa & Team Blabador
blabsforbullies
Giver of the Wubba

Postby KJS » December 20th, 2008, 11:11 am

4 more to go you say?...NO PROBLEM!!! Trouble can do that!!! :mrgreen:
Dont breed or buy while shelter animals die!
KJS
Supremely Bully

Postby TheRedQueen » December 20th, 2008, 12:07 pm

:cheer: Trouble...you go girl! :cheer:
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

Postby Marinepits » December 31st, 2008, 9:03 pm

So, how's Miss Trouble doing? :dance:
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby hugapitbull » December 31st, 2008, 9:16 pm

Miss T is just doing great. She can now jump into and out of the vehicle on her own. She has graduated from the short leash to a long one - she will run your legs off on a short one :bs: It's easier for her to get around moving quickly, and if you aren't ready on the end of a short leash she'll have you running around the yard :shock: (ask Bob) Oh, and she's beginning to grow hair where she was shaved for the surgery.

She's just starting to be revived from being in the kennel this past weekend. She slept from Monday evening til this afternoon. :wink: She did come to the kitchen to meet me when I came in this afternoon, but then again she was pretty interested in the veggie soup Bob was cooking.

Now for the really bad part, she is WAY too spoiled. We must begin to work on making her do as she's told. She thinks because we've been so soft, she's entitled to do as she pleases. A very delicate balance for us to establish, even more of a challenge for those of us who aren't really great trainers anyways.

I was going to wait until tomorrow or Friday to ask for more good thoughts, she does her second chemo on Friday.
Shanna & Spirit Trouble
We beat osteosarcoma - 27 months 20 days cancer free
'Spirit' Trouble departed for the Bridge 3/16/2011 a victim of aging
Visit - http://k9cancer.org

Any fool can criticize, condemn, and complain--and most fools do. ~Dale Carnegie
hugapitbull
The Better Half

Postby amazincc » December 31st, 2008, 9:31 pm

Yeah... we tend to spoil them when they're sick... and they tend to take full advantage of it. :oops: lol

Continued good thoughts coming her way... here's hoping that 2009 will be one of Troubles beststest years ever! :wink: :hug3:
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby madremissy » December 31st, 2008, 11:06 pm

I know how hard it must be not to spoil her. I just couldn't help myself. I would have to. I am starting to send my good thoughts that I have had stored up. Things will be good on Friday. Happy New Year Bob, Shanna and Trouble.
Last edited by madremissy on December 31st, 2008, 11:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
madremissy
I have a basketball and I'm not afraid to use it.

Postby call2arms » December 31st, 2008, 11:11 pm

Happy new year everyone... I'm glad to see that Trouble is starting 2009 strong and healthy!
“Your birth is a mistake you'll spend your whole life trying to correct.” Chuck Palahniuk

I love pus but I hate people.

I can say words like undifferentiated gonads now!
call2arms
Boys Stink

Postby CinderDee » December 31st, 2008, 11:14 pm

Now for the really bad part, she is WAY too spoiled. We must begin to work on making her do as she's told. She thinks because we've been so soft, she's entitled to do as she pleases. A very delicate balance for us to establish, even more of a challenge for those of us who aren't really great trane anyways.

I know exactly what you mean! :shock: lol

Kato & I are sending all our good thoughts to Trouble. It's going to be a great 2009! :confetti:
Dee
CinderDee
I'm The Bug Whisperer

Postby hugapitbull » January 3rd, 2009, 1:06 pm

Thought I'd give you guys a short update on chemo #2. Not sure how long they watch her after the treatment, but they wouldn't let me pick her up before 4:30. She was frisky and ready to go. Made the drive home with no problem. At Dr Blabs recommendation, I gave her an anti-nausea med as soon as we got home. She then ate her dinner and begged for some of our soup. By 9:30ish she wasn't feeling real well, kinda droopy. No signs of chills this time so I guess that is a good thing. By 10 she was racing outside to vomit. (Another positive, after the first chemo, she didn't make it off the bed!) I gave her another anti-nausea pill and from then until 2AM, she was restless, wanted to be outside where it was cool to lay on the cool ground. She slept intermittently, but just couldn't get comfortable. We made 3 or 4 trips outside, once she had mild diarrhea and I gave her imodium. After 2AM, she slept without incident. She's still sleeping this morning, I guess getting caught up from last night.

We are so thankful for the relatively short time she feels bad after the treatments.

BTW, Dr Blabs, How do these anti-nausea pills work if they continue to vomit :bs:
Shanna & Spirit Trouble
We beat osteosarcoma - 27 months 20 days cancer free
'Spirit' Trouble departed for the Bridge 3/16/2011 a victim of aging
Visit - http://k9cancer.org

Any fool can criticize, condemn, and complain--and most fools do. ~Dale Carnegie
hugapitbull
The Better Half

PreviousNext

Return to Canine Cancer