Gross and weird

Food, Fitness and how to keep them healthy.

Postby blayzeingsun » December 14th, 2008, 8:22 pm

Okay 2 different issues. Chewey the new puppy that we found has recently started eating dirt. I don't get it. I know with pregnant women this indicates a vitamin deficiency. Is he just eating dirt or is there something wrong?

second question: chewey is about 12 weeks. This could be graphic. okay so today i noticed on his little weiner there is some yellowish discharge. my husband says this could be ejaculate. Or do you guys think it could be a bladder infection? I don't know much about the age that puppys can start to ejaculate and all he is fully intact as he is to young for our vet to want to do a neuter. I feel like an idiot asking this question but if something is wrong I would rather know. :) Thanks!
Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.
blayzeingsun
Loyally Bully

Postby Malli » December 14th, 2008, 8:41 pm

I dunno about the dirt, but the yellow stuff just sounds like shmagma :| Yes, it is an actual word :wink: I thought it was fairly normal for boys, particularly intact ones...
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day, tomorrow doesn't look good either.
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby blayzeingsun » December 15th, 2008, 2:10 am

thanks that's disgusting! lol
Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.
blayzeingsun
Loyally Bully

Postby iluvk9 » December 15th, 2008, 6:13 pm

blayzeingsun wrote: Chewey the new puppy that we found has recently started eating dirt. I don't get it. I know with pregnant women this indicates a vitamin deficiency.

Um, I never ate dirt when I was pregnant.
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby SisMorphine » December 15th, 2008, 6:18 pm

Malli wrote:I dunno about the dirt, but the yellow stuff just sounds like shmagma :| Yes, it is an actual word :wink: I thought it was fairly normal for boys, particularly intact ones...

Yeah Blue likes to offer up a few drops of shmegma every one in a while. Hell, even neutered Wally would too. But it seems more frequent with Mr. Blue Balls.
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine
They're like service dogs gone wrong.

Postby blayzeingsun » December 18th, 2008, 12:22 am

hmmmm that's weird and well gross. uhhhh not everyone has those issues as far as eating dirt i actually read about it in a pregnancy book. anyways :) if it's not a big deal i won't worry.
blayzeingsun
Loyally Bully

Postby Malli » December 18th, 2008, 5:15 am

I probably wouldn't let him as he could potentially get an impaction (unlikely, though). Maybe you could try carrying treats when he is on walks and outdoors to "trade" him for the dirt :|
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day, tomorrow doesn't look good either.
E-I-E-I-O!

Return to Nutrition & Health