Looking

CO, ID, MT, NV, UT, WY, AK, CA, HA, OR, WA

Postby TazCowboy » December 16th, 2008, 3:34 am

Howdy Yall,

We are looking for a male with the same color and registered with the ADBA and or APBR to Breed with My girl Katie who is a Light Red American Red Nose Pit Bull and she will be 2 on Jan 18th and will be going into heat in Jan also. We live in Saint Helens and are hoping to find someone somewhat close to us. So if ya are interested just let us know. Thank You and Have a nice day.
TazCowboy
Just Whelped

Postby amazincc » December 16th, 2008, 3:47 am

Long time, no post... :wave2:

How IS Katie??? What have you been doing with her? Sports? Agility? Any titles? Health testing?
You know... all that good stuff that comes way before you consider bringing another litter of Pits into the world? :wink:
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby SisMorphine » December 16th, 2008, 8:55 am

In addition to the above questions: What are her lines? Are you looking to tighten them up or do an outcross? What are your plans for the litter?
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine
They're like service dogs gone wrong.

Postby mnp13 » December 16th, 2008, 11:34 am

btw If you are looking for a serious breed enthusiast, you may want to know that the breed is American Pit Bull Terrier, "red nose" is just a color and has nothing to do with breed.
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby BritneyP » December 16th, 2008, 11:34 am

This could get ugly...

just saying. :rolleyes2: :wink:
Cruiser v Kellhof, CGC, TDInc- GSD
Jack z Esagilu, Police K9- GSD
Pia z Westwood- GSD
Darca z Perstatskeho mlyna- GSD
Sadie v Foster- GSD
Nala, CGC- GSD
BritneyP
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby madremissy » December 16th, 2008, 11:54 am

Ok, I will add my two cents. I hope that just because you are looking for a sire the same color as your girl, you know that doesn't mean the puppies will end up that same color. Please read up on breeding before you do it.
Also, If you are any where near Diana (airwalfk) or Violet, you may want to talk to them about how many "rednose" pit bulls they come across everyday who need homes.
Please, Please read what is available to you on this board.
madremissy
I have a basketball and I'm not afraid to use it.

Postby pitbullmamaliz » December 16th, 2008, 12:06 pm

Take a look through this Breeder's Code of Ethics - if you can comply with all that then you may be ready to breed. Otherwise, you're not.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=48

Maybe talk to some of the reputable breeders on this board - breeding is a very expensive, possibly dangerous (for the bitch) endeavor.
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby ArtGypsy » December 16th, 2008, 3:15 pm

I"m thinking there is INVALUABLE information from experienced dog-folk here on this board; and if chooses, he'll tap into the advice and make an informed, well thought out decision.

If he doesn't choose,
His dog will lose.

J
“Hope has two beautiful daughters: their names are Anger and Courage.
Anger that things are the way they are.
Courage to make them the way they ought to be.”----Augustine
ArtGypsy
First I Caught Her, Then I Didn't Share My Fries

Postby cheekymunkee » December 16th, 2008, 3:36 pm

The fact that there is NO such breed as Light Red American Red Nose Pit Bull tells me that you are in NO way, shape or form ready to breed this or any other dog. What, in your opinion, makes her worthy of being bred?
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby ArtGypsy » December 16th, 2008, 3:52 pm

cheekymunkee wrote:The fact that there is NO such breed as Light Red American Red Nose Pit Bull tells me that you are in NO way, shape or form ready to breed this or any other dog. What, in your opinion, makes her worthy of being bred?

Ha.
Funny you should mention that.

My neighbors, ((Older, retired, Winters-in-Texas)) have a pit mix Named Annie.

When we brought home Dar, we were talking about the dreaded BSL...and she told me in that conversation that ""at least Annie is the Red nosed kind, which is THE GOOD kind"" > I was in no way going to talk her out of THAT one.....!!!

Jody, who knows very little about the dogs, but knows there's no reason to be ignorant, with all the resources available.
“Hope has two beautiful daughters: their names are Anger and Courage.
Anger that things are the way they are.
Courage to make them the way they ought to be.”----Augustine
ArtGypsy
First I Caught Her, Then I Didn't Share My Fries

Postby airwalk » December 16th, 2008, 6:08 pm

I can assure you...Red Nose, Blue Nose, Green Nose, Black Nose..No Nose...adoptions across the board are slowing in these economic times and placing anything that resembles a Pit Bull is extremely hard let alone actually, intentionally breeding more!

Are you prepared to keep the pups until they are placed regardless of how long it takes? Are you prepared to take the pups back if the adopter decides they don't want, can't have them? Do you live where you can have a litter of pups and a mother - and then a litter of adolescents when you can't place them. If the answer to any of these is No or even Maybe then you are not in a position to breed.

Please remember APBT, Staffies, and mixed breeds die every day of the week in shelters in this area because there are no homes.

I also notice you mentioned nothing about temperament - so seriously you are breeding for color...seriously. Are you prepared to euthanize any pup that is not temperamentally sound?
airwalk
I live here

Postby TheRedQueen » December 19th, 2008, 12:41 pm

I'll mention too...as I just found this thread...it's increasingly harder for breeders of ANY breed to find homes for puppies....just as Diana and others mentioned.

I am the puppy coordinator for an Assistance Dog group, I find the puppies to put in the program. I can't tell you how many breeders and "breeders" are contacting me right now to donate puppies...of all different breeds. They can't get rid of them. I have a breeder right now who NEVER wanted to give us another dog...she was very disappointed in the way her dogs before turned out (with our group). Now she's offering us one or more. This is a GOOD breeder with national recognition in her breed, health testing out the wazoo, titles on both ends of her dogs...these dogs are amazing examples of their breed. Yet, she's got a bunch of them sitting around her house. :shock:

I've got a really good friend with puppies also that can't find homes. Two really well-bred TOY breed pups...again, health tested parents, great lines, show & performance parents, etc. Can't find homes for them. :nono: Plus they're super cute. No one wants a puppy now...no matter what the purchase price is (both breeders mentioned have lowered their prices).

No matter if the dogs are really superb, great specimens of their breed, it's a bad time to breed. Simple as that. :|
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

Postby TazCowboy » December 20th, 2008, 12:43 pm

Thank you for all your comments. I really got a kick out of some of them and just so you know I was just writing a short breif Post just to find out what might be around me. Anyways yall have a great day because my girl and I are going to play in the snow today....
TazCowboy
Just Whelped

Postby BritneyP » December 20th, 2008, 2:25 pm

Well good! Because we certainly get a kick out of you wanting to be a back yard breeder and contributing to the plight of the American Pit Bull Terrier, as well as the homeless dog population in this country.

Kudos to you!
Cruiser v Kellhof, CGC, TDInc- GSD
Jack z Esagilu, Police K9- GSD
Pia z Westwood- GSD
Darca z Perstatskeho mlyna- GSD
Sadie v Foster- GSD
Nala, CGC- GSD
BritneyP
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby Pit♥bull » December 20th, 2008, 4:28 pm

BritneyP wrote:Well good! Because we certainly get a kick out of you wanting to be a back yard breeder and contributing to the plight of the American Pit Bull Terrier, as well as the homeless dog population in this country.

Kudos to you!

btw :thumbsup:
Pit♥bull
Supremely Bully

Postby amazincc » December 20th, 2008, 7:05 pm

BritneyP wrote:Well good! Because we certainly get a kick out of you wanting to be a back yard breeder and contributing to the plight of the American Pit Bull Terrier, as well as the homeless dog population in this country.

Kudos to you!

:goodStuff:
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Return to West