So Pisssed - Troy NY

Pits in the news and info on Breed Specific Legislation.

Postby napster » December 10th, 2008, 9:29 pm

http://capitalnews9.com/content/top_sto ... fault.aspx :cuss:

Edited to add article

Dog starves to death, Troy woman charged
Updated: 12/10/2008 06:27 PM
By: Steve Ference

TROY, N.Y. -- "This dog suffered a horrible, painful, elongated death," said Troy Police Officer James Bottillo.

It took weeks, maybe months, for a pit bull found locked up in a Troy backyard to die.

"It was a severely malnourished two year old, to the best of our knowledge," said Bottillo.

The dog was kept in a metal cage, with no protection from the cold weather. It's collar too large to fit its emaciated body. Only sticks and small rocks were found in the dog's stomach and its fur caked with feces.

"This dog suffered some significant muscle atrophy and was probably unable to move at all," Bottillo said.

"I feel bad. I just feel bad for the people in this house if they would treat their dog like that," said neighbor Michelle McMurray.

Neighbors were surprised to hear police charged Deborah Bradley, 48, with felony aggravated animal cruelty. She was arraigned and issued an appearance ticket.

"Independent witnesses indicated they had confronted this woman several weeks before it passed away, indicating the dog didn't appear to be in too good of shape and it was ignored on that part," Bottillo said.

Neighbors told police they had seen the dog in the backyard for about a month. But neighbors we spoke with say they were told by Bradley that she only noticed the dog had been there on Thanksgiving and the next day she was arrested. We tried to speak with her here, but she slammed the door on us.

But if you come to the backyard, you do see it's fairly wide open. So if there was a dog in a cage starving and you came back here, you'd probably notice.

"The animal population can't make a 911 call," officer Bottillo said. "As I said, all it can do is sit and yelp in its kennel until it doesn't have enough energy to do that."

All of this as police say a number of organizations would have come to take the dog before it died. The Mohawk and Hudson River Humane Society, where other dogs are waiting for a home, is just a few minute drive from where the dog starved to death.

The shelter's executive director, Brad Shear, said whoever caused the dog to die "could have come here seven days a week and said, 'I can't take care of my dog anymore' and that would have taken care of it."

If convicted, Bradley would face at least a year behind bars.
napster
Just Whelped

Postby LMM » December 10th, 2008, 9:35 pm

No amount of expletives will fully convey how I feel after reading that.

And my heart breaks for that poor innocent animal :(
LMM
I'll Kick Your Ass

Postby Marinepits » December 10th, 2008, 9:39 pm

The neighbors are just as culpable as the "owner". :nono:
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby hugapitbull » December 10th, 2008, 9:46 pm

That makes me ill. Poor dog. How can people be so cruel?
Shanna & Spirit Trouble
We beat osteosarcoma - 27 months 20 days cancer free
'Spirit' Trouble departed for the Bridge 3/16/2011 a victim of aging
Visit - http://k9cancer.org

Any fool can criticize, condemn, and complain--and most fools do. ~Dale Carnegie
hugapitbull
The Better Half

Postby amazincc » December 10th, 2008, 9:57 pm

OMG! I recognize that HOUSE!!! :puke: :shock: :cry: :sad2:

It's where Mick was born.

And when I lived there the neighbors never gave a shyte about any of the Pit Bulls, since most of them "raised" fighting dogs.
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby SisMorphine » December 10th, 2008, 10:04 pm

SERIOUSLY?!

Do you know if this is the same woman, or just someone else who moved in there and didn't give a damn about dogs :sad2: :nono:
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine
They're like service dogs gone wrong.

Postby Marinepits » December 10th, 2008, 10:04 pm

:o :shock:
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby amazincc » December 10th, 2008, 10:07 pm

Seriously... that's where Mick was born and used as bait for the other puppies in his litter. I could NEVER forget that "house of torture"...

I don't know if it's the same woman, but it's very possible. I hope she burns in hell.
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby Pit♥bull » December 10th, 2008, 10:11 pm

amazincc wrote:I hope she burns in hell.
:thumbsup:
Pit♥bull
Supremely Bully

Postby madremissy » December 10th, 2008, 10:33 pm

I know it happens everyday, even though I don't want to think about it. But I have the hardest time understanding how people can be sooooooooo :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: I really couldn't think of the right words.
madremissy
I have a basketball and I'm not afraid to use it.

Postby amazincc » December 10th, 2008, 10:50 pm

Hah... I hope the next time that "woman" steps outside it rains... and it's Jessica and Mick pi$$ing on her head. :D :dance:
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby hugapitbull » December 10th, 2008, 10:55 pm

amazincc wrote:Hah... I hope the next time that "woman" steps outside it rains... and it's Jessica and Mick pi$$ing on her head. :D :dance:

LMAO LMAO LMAO
Shanna & Spirit Trouble
We beat osteosarcoma - 27 months 20 days cancer free
'Spirit' Trouble departed for the Bridge 3/16/2011 a victim of aging
Visit - http://k9cancer.org

Any fool can criticize, condemn, and complain--and most fools do. ~Dale Carnegie
hugapitbull
The Better Half

Postby napster » December 11th, 2008, 12:00 am

amazincc wrote:Seriously... that's where Mick was born and used as bait for the other puppies in his litter. I could NEVER forget that "house of torture"...

I don't know if it's the same woman, but it's very possible. I hope she burns in hell.

unbelievable :shock:
this house was sold in 4/04. the news states this lady owns the house, in the records i found she doesnt :?
napster
Just Whelped

Postby mnp13 » December 11th, 2008, 12:42 am

how could the neighbors have just watched this happen? They should be charged as well.
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby amazincc » December 11th, 2008, 1:30 am

mnp13 wrote:how could the neighbors have just watched this happen? They should be charged as well.

"And when I lived there the neighbors never gave a shyte about any of the Pit Bulls, since most of them "raised" fighting dogs."

I'm telling you... I lived there and it's a totally different world. If a puppy didn't cut it as a fighting dog in any way, shape, or form - it was sure death sentence if someone didn't buy it anyway, even for a pet.
It was a "dime-a-dozen" mentality, and there was no such thing as considering the welfare of a dog.
The people who "owned" Mick and his siblings at the time told us that they had left him outside in the middle of winter on purpose "because he was gonna die anyway". They also wouldn't just let us have him... so I paid the woman 100 bucks.
Best 100 dollars I have ever spent. :) :heartbeat:

I complained several times back then, but the ACO never once came out to check, and the Troy PD wouldn't take a report, citing that it was the ACO's job.

I sure hope things have changed in that neighborhood, overall.
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby Wyldmoonwoman » December 11th, 2008, 6:10 am

amazincc wrote:OMG! I recognize that HOUSE!!! :puke: :shock: :cry: :sad2:

It's where Mick was born.

I recognize the house too!

Lousy scumbag
"If I were not a man, I would like to be a bird. As I am a man, I do the next best thing, and ride a bicycle." -- Rev. Maltie, a cyclist in the late 1800s
Wyldmoonwoman
Full of Bully

Postby LMM » December 11th, 2008, 8:50 am

mnp13 wrote:how could the neighbors have just watched this happen? They should be charged as well.

Seriously!! I would have been sneaking that lovey food and water while plotting a way to break him out the whole while. There is NO way on this :cuss: earth I would have sat idly by and watched that happen. FOCKERS.

I cannot believe that is the house Mick was born :shock:
LMM
I'll Kick Your Ass

Postby KJS » December 11th, 2008, 5:21 pm

In a metal cage..out in the open...how come no one thought to complain about the barking...back when the poor thing could bark that is... :?
Dont breed or buy while shelter animals die!
KJS
Supremely Bully

Postby irwi » December 16th, 2008, 8:37 am

Terrible people are that.
I hope they never get a dog ,no matter what kind of a dog, anymore.
irwi
Just Whelped

Return to Pit Bull news and BSL