This is a story passed along to me.
I recently had a neighbor who had their 5 year old
German shepard dog put down to liver failure. The dog
ws completely healthy until a few weeks ago. They had
a necropsy done to see what the cause was. The liver
levels were unbelievable, as if the dog had ingested
poison of some kind. The dog is kept inside, and when
he's outside, someone's with him, so the idea of him
getting into something unknown was hard to believe.
My neighbor started going through all the items in the
house. When he got to the Swiffer Wetjet, he noticed,
in very tiny print, a warning which stated "may be
harmful to small children and animals." He called the
company to ask what the contents of the cleaning agent
are and was astounded to find out that antifreeze is
one of the ingredients. (Actually he was told it's a
compound which is one molecule away from antifreez)
(Like that makes a diffference to toxity?)MY quotes)
Therefore, just by the dog walking on the floor
cleaned with the solution, then licking its own paws.
it ingested enough of the solution to destroy its
liver. Soon after his dog's death, his housekeeper's
two cats also died of liver failure. They both used
the Swiffer Wet jet for quick cleanups on their
floors. Necropsies weren't done on the cats, so they
couldn't file a lawsuit, but he asked that we spread
the word to as many people as possible.