The Slobber Incident...

If it's a non-human, non-Pit Bull, family member, post it here!

Postby TheRedQueen » December 9th, 2008, 12:15 am

This is a video of the now notorious Slobber Incident from this weekend. :shock:

I'm pet-sitting an English bulldog...since the roads were icy on Saturday afternoon/evening...my back-up had trouble getting to the house within a reasonable amount of time (we were flyballin' during the day). So I had her pick him up and drop him off at my house. Sunday, he went to the flyball tournament with us.

One of my good friends, and teammates fell in love with him...and was willingly walking him, playing with him, etc. Until the slobber incident:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jGAdqUG_9YY

It took her 10 minutes in the bathroom to clean off the front of her shirt...and even then, there was a slime trail...about 3" wide and 12" long. :puke:

ETA, and yes, he's bald on his back... :D
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

Postby madremissy » December 9th, 2008, 12:24 am

LMAO
madremissy
I have a basketball and I'm not afraid to use it.

Postby Pit♥bull » December 9th, 2008, 3:53 am

Now that's FUNNY :shock: :P :P
Pit♥bull
Supremely Bully

Postby KJS » December 9th, 2008, 8:51 am

I cant see whats wrong? .... :|

that always happens :mrgreen:

That guy has some MAJOR tear stain issues though ....
Dont breed or buy while shelter animals die!
KJS
Supremely Bully

Postby TinaMartin » December 9th, 2008, 9:32 am

Isnt that normal? She should let Gator lick her.
Not only am I a member of the Michelle says my dog is fat club I'm the president!
I can Alpha Roll hair!
TinaMartin
The Hair Whisperer

Postby TheRedQueen » December 9th, 2008, 11:05 am

KJS wrote:I cant see whats wrong? .... :|

This guy has some major issues in general :shock: ...ear cleaning every two days (it comes out black), tear stains, obesity, occasional lameness, etc, etc, etc. What eating 3 cups of Beneful a day will get ya!

Isnt that normal? She should let Gator lick her

Just to clarify...this girl has WHIPPETS. :lol3:
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen

Postby lellis34 » December 9th, 2008, 11:13 am

TheRedQueen wrote:
KJS wrote:I cant see whats wrong? .... :|

This guy has some major issues in general :shock: ...ear cleaning every two days (it comes out black), tear stains, obesity, occasional lameness, etc, etc, etc. What eating 3 cups of Beneful a day will get ya!

Isnt that normal? She should let Gator lick her

That sounds like some kind of disease....."I'm sorry Mrs. Smith, your dog has whippets" :mrgreen:
Ming Ming: “celery is great after a good pee”
Tuck: “you can say that again”
Ming Ming: “celery is great after a good pee”
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vW-ZxcPE33w
lellis34
Bull Meister

Postby TheRedQueen » December 9th, 2008, 11:31 am

lellis34 wrote:

That sounds like some kind of disease....."I'm sorry Mrs. Smith, your dog has whippets" :mrgreen:

:spit:

TheRedQueen

Postby Jenn » December 9th, 2008, 12:48 pm

lmao at the whippets!

That is funny, but gross. I guess I've never actually thought about English Bulldog's and them drooling, obviously neither did she.
I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not so sure....
Jenn
undecided

Postby BullyLady » December 9th, 2008, 1:31 pm

lellis34 wrote:
TheRedQueen wrote:

:spit: LMAO
"I'm not all bad but I'm a faithful sinner."
~Dave Matthews
Cathleen
Shelby - AB Mix 1 yr - CGC
BullyLady
Proud Uber Nerd

Postby TheRedQueen » December 9th, 2008, 1:40 pm

After the "Incident", he was sitting in his crate making big strings of bubble drool because someone else was eating French fries. It was amazing. I have video of that too. Amazing in a "hands off" kinda way.

:D

TheRedQueen

Postby KJS » December 9th, 2008, 2:47 pm

This guy has some major issues in general ...ear cleaning every two days (it comes out black), tear stains, obesity, occasional lameness, etc, etc, etc. What eating 3 cups of Beneful a day will get ya!

I can help...if they are prepared to put the effort in.

Tear stains will react well to using ordinary babywipes( I use Pampers) to clean the folds first...always wipe the way the hair grows....then use kitchen paper to blot the area really dry...then use a smear of sudocrem this keeps it protected underneath and slightly waterproof on top...it helps a LOT....I do this once every day..since I am not sure if you can get Sudocrem there this is a link to what it is...maybe you can find something similar?

http://www.sudocrem.ca/eng/doctor.html

Have you ever heard of blue powder?...this will work for the ears...but you have to be persistent and consistent.

here are some sites in english

http://www.k911.biz/Petsafety/EarInfection.htm

http://www.dogbiz.com/faq-ear-infections.htm

http://www.kaylar.com/dogdaze/bluepower.htm

As for the obesity this can be helped by getting the exact weight of the dog and making sure you are not over feeding( you will find that many,MANY Bulldog owners overfeed thier dog without realising it)...you should feed 2 times a day smaller amounts and he should recieve regular but not strenous excercise...a quick jaunt around the block will suffice.

his apparent lameness could be due to long toenails,interdigital cysts,muscle cramps or even sometimes from lying(sleeping) too long in one position...all of these should be investigated and ruled out before they seek further veterinary advice
KJS
Supremely Bully

Postby KJS » December 9th, 2008, 2:49 pm

P.s. never, never...EVER! let your friend too near to Saint Bernard and an ice cream....she will just about DIE!!!!! :shock:
KJS
Supremely Bully

Postby Jenn » December 9th, 2008, 3:38 pm

I seen some Saint Bernards drooling HEAVILY on TV last night, it was quite gross.
I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not so sure....
Jenn
undecided

Postby iluvk9 » December 9th, 2008, 4:01 pm

That was hysterical, as long as it wasn't me getting slimed.
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby BigDogBuford » December 9th, 2008, 5:16 pm

We have a neo that comes in a stays with us and his drool is *so* deadly that I slipped on it and went completely a$$ over tea kettle in the dog barn.
~Jeanine

You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment at work when you know that you just aren't going to do anything productive for the rest of the day.
BigDogBuford
I love snipe hunts.

Return to Four Legged, Finned and Feathered Family Members