snapping for bugs

This forum is all about training and behavior. Everything from potty training to working titles!

Postby rockermom » April 12th, 2006, 3:18 pm

Ok Rocky found a new thing BUGS! Now with warm weather there are these gross little black bugs flying around our heads. I cant stand it and neither can Rocky. He starts flying through the air snapping at the bugs while we are walking. Is there anyway to stop that. I have been saying leave it. He looks at me and stops but will start up again.You hear his teeth chomp and all. The only thing Im worried about if is someone is walking by or the kids walking close to us from the bus might think he is snapping at them. Will he just get use to the fact bugs fly around all summer?
rockermom
Supremely Bully

Postby mnp13 » April 12th, 2006, 4:28 pm

Training training training....

It's hard to anticipate his jumping I'm sure, but try to be extra aware for a while and you can break him of the behavior.
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby SisMorphine » April 12th, 2006, 4:50 pm

My friend and her dog hunt flies together in the summer. It's rediculous . . .
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine
They're like service dogs gone wrong.

Postby rockermom » April 12th, 2006, 6:05 pm

Yes it is almost imposible to anticipate. bug flies in fron of his face and he's chomping at it. I will do my best. Maybe he will just get use to it.
rockermom
Supremely Bully

Return to Training & Behavior