:o What was that?

Everything that doesn't fit anywhere else!

Postby Jenn » April 12th, 2006, 12:38 am

Soooo, I'm sitting here house was totally quiet. NO noise at all, other than the new washing machine doing it's thing. Ben and daughter sleeping peacefully in bed behind closed doors, let the cat out. Tucker is in the kitchen with me sleeping soundly, and Maddie had the couch till I was ready to go to bed. Then it happened :o the new washer made some sort of weird squeaky loud noise. Tucker jumped up and started having a fit (first time for thatl), it was so unexpected I jumped, and screamed a little, the cat went running, Maddie started barking and carrying on, then Ben joined in, scared the beejeezus out of the kid. For what seemed like 30 minutes (probably 15 seconds) it was total chaos. My heart is still pounding and even though I know what the noise was, everything was so unexpected it actually scared me. The cat was standing there in horror, back arched looking like a deer in head lights. I actually found myself scared of "nothing"! While I'm laughing at myself, I still can't help but being a little spooked... :lurk: :ROFL2:

So I've about got my heart rate back to normal.. Sometimes, being at home alone, and enjoying the peace and quiet isn't all it's cracked up to be!! lol I hate when I scare myself, or the dogs bark at nothing ~ leaving me looking for "something"!! :rolleyes2:
Jenn
undecided

Postby Jesseca » April 12th, 2006, 12:51 am

I know what you mean. I do that everytime my husband is gone. Get myself all freaked out. :oops: Are you better now? :D
Jesseca
Devoutly Bully

Postby Jenn » April 12th, 2006, 12:56 am

I believe so, though I do need to go out to put the clothes in the dryer, and I'm not exactly wanting to!! lol
Jenn
undecided

Postby Purple » April 12th, 2006, 8:25 am

I know exactly how you felt...it's hard to settle down after a moment like that! I enjoyed the chain reaction that one little noise caused!
Purple
I live here

Postby Jenn » April 12th, 2006, 2:13 pm

I'm just glad I made it through the night unscaved! :lol3: It was worse when I went to bed, for some dang reason there was a bird chirping away at 12:30! What the heck? It had at least 4 different tunes, and would NOT shut up. I'm glad I'd finally fell asleep, as I just about had my self convinced it was someone (human) "signaling" to someone else that I'd went to bed. (I know Image)
Jenn
undecided

Postby dogcrazyjen » April 12th, 2006, 2:36 pm

LOL!

Tallulah the BT and I went for our morning cardio walk, and on our way home she about jumped out of her skin! She leaped up and around, made a little growl, skittered into me, hair all up on her back, ears askew, eyes wide (for a BT) :o .

Nothing was there.

Scared the crap out of me though!
dogcrazyjen
Devoutly Bully

Postby Maryellen » April 12th, 2006, 3:12 pm

it was probably a ghost...
Maryellen
I live here

Postby Maryellen » April 12th, 2006, 3:16 pm

its nice and quiet in my house.. my houseguest Michelle (mnp13) is at my house with her dog ruby.. its late, we are all sleeping...... all of a sudden.... one dog starts... grrrrrr grrrr hummf grrrrrr.. then another dog... bark bark bark...... me.. SHHHHHHH!!!!! then the other dog.... rooo roooooooooo grrrrlll grrrlllll rooooohoooooorrroooooo.. then all three tear out of my bedroom, run thru the hallway barking and growling all at once(picture the dogs from a christmas party whenthey stole the turkey) then all 3 are running back and forth from the bedroom to the livingroom to the dining room windows.... what is outside?? who knows who cares.. all i know is the dam dogs woke up michelle and ruby, and it was the middle of the night... and none of them would listen when i told them to be quiet... and i couldnt find what got them going.. could have been a bear, coyote, deer, rabbit, who knows...
Maryellen
I live here

Postby Jenn » April 12th, 2006, 3:21 pm

See I would have freaked, lol! (both instances) :oops:
Jenn
undecided

Postby Maryellen » April 12th, 2006, 3:32 pm

i am used to the noises my house makes now,.. but i still jump. sometimes the dogs will start growling and running from window to window then to each door smelling , and i get up and look and never see anything.... or something in the house will creak..
Maryellen
I live here

Postby pitbullmamaliz » April 12th, 2006, 3:39 pm

The only time Inara barks is when we put her in her crate. She won't bark at cars in the driveway, people walking in the house, strange noises, NOTHING! Kinda nice, but I'd feel better knowing she'll at least alert me if somebody's COMING INTO THE HOUSE!!!
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby Maryellen » April 12th, 2006, 3:45 pm

come to my house. a bird could fart outside and the 3 of them go nuts barking.....
Maryellen
I live here

Postby cheekymunkee » April 12th, 2006, 3:46 pm

Maryellen wrote:come to my house. a bird could fart outside and the 3 of them go nuts barking.....

My 3 as well. Justice barks at air. Ollie barks at mouse farts & Munkee barks because the others are.
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby Maryellen » April 12th, 2006, 3:49 pm

rufus will only really really bark if he knows there is something out there.... or if a stranger is in the driveway and jesse and sonny are going nuts.. but he usually just sits there and is silent.. when he barks he puffs first, then growls, then the hackles stand up, then he roo roooos and has this huge macho bark that sounds like its coming from a 150 lb dog... his bark is serious.. the other 2 just sound like lunatics..

imagine a teradactyl squirrel.... total kaos at my house... they all have such high prey drive its disgusting... rufus has already started chipmunk patrol and the season hasnt even started yet..
Maryellen
I live here

Postby cheekymunkee » April 12th, 2006, 3:54 pm

Yeah, usually Munkee huffs & puffs his barks because he knows he is going to get yelled at. Now if he sees a cat or a dog in the yard he really gets going but usually it is "huff"...wait to see if she yells....."puff"...wait some more......
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby mnp13 » April 12th, 2006, 4:39 pm

Maryellen wrote:who knows who cares.. all i know is the dam dogs woke up michelle and ruby, and it was the middle of the night... and none of them would listen when i told them to be quiet... and i couldnt find what got them going.. could have been a bear, coyote, deer, rabbit, who knows...

It was funny actually - mostly because what woke me up was Maryellen trying to get the dogs to shut up. lol

No big deal, you should hear Connor howl when he sees the cats when he's crated. :rolleyes2:
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Return to Off-Topic