Maybe a new addition.

This is where to talk about Pit Bulls!

Postby concreterose » April 12th, 2006, 10:03 am

I might be getting a new boy :o
I have been looking at Marco since his story was posted on PBF in February. I had commented that if I lived in Northern CA, I would adopt him. Red asked me if transport could be arranged would I be willing to take him. He doesn't kennel well and as a result has become depressed. He's been to obedience at BadRap and just seems like an awesome dog. I would have to do some work with him acclimating him to the cats and Vicki, but I have the time and patience to work with him, and room to give them all their own space if necessary. Nothing is written in stone, it depends on if funds can be raised for the trip and I pass the homecheck. If it's meant for me to have him I will; if not, that's life. Here he is:
ImageImage ImageImage

Here is Marco's page at the rescue that has him.
concreterose
Loyally Bully

Postby mnp13 » April 12th, 2006, 10:05 am

What a good looking boy!

How old is he? What's his background?
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby cheekymunkee » April 12th, 2006, 10:06 am

Look at that FACE!! What a handsome little guy! I hope it all works out for you & he comes home very soon.
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby dogcrazyjen » April 12th, 2006, 10:08 am

Great smile! Let us know how it goes!
dogcrazyjen
Devoutly Bully

Postby concreterose » April 12th, 2006, 10:10 am

mnp13 wrote:What a good looking boy!

How old is he? What's his background?

This is what his rescuer posted about him:
Sadly, a subject line you've seen millions of times before. This is Marco - he's a very sweet, SMART, gorgeous (doesn't photograph that great though, for some reason), about 1.5 year old, neutered, APBT that Home at Last Rescue has in boarding as a favor to a shelter volunteer. He could neither take the dog in, nor stand the idea of his being ptd solely due to dog aggressiveness (and not kenneling well ) which is a "sucker" thing to do, but we're trying... He has been to BadRap obedience classes and is doing very well [though stressed], could even potentially live with a nice female dog, but there will always be the need for dog management. But, as mentioned, Marco isn't kenneling well, and needs immediate action - there's neither money to board him, nor do we have the heart to continue watching him stress out.
concreterose
Loyally Bully

Postby Maryellen » April 12th, 2006, 10:15 am

i cant see you failing your homevisit thats for sure, you should pass no problem.

he is gorgeous!! i hope fate puts him in your care as he will be loved and treated excellent thats for sure!!!
Maryellen
I live here

Postby Romanwild » April 12th, 2006, 10:23 am

He looks great! Good luck. :)
Romanwild
I live here

Postby pLaurent » April 12th, 2006, 11:01 am

He's very pretty, and would be a lucky boy to get a home with you!!
pLaurent
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby pitbullmamaliz » April 12th, 2006, 11:04 am

Oh he's stunning! Good luck, and definitely keep us updated!
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby Murfins » April 12th, 2006, 11:54 am

He's great looking. Good luck!
Murfins
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby SisMorphine » April 12th, 2006, 11:58 am

He is so handsome. Good luck with him! I hope he crates well even if he doesn't kennel well. And if he doesn't crate well let me know and I can give you a link that may help.
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine
They're like service dogs gone wrong.

Postby pocketpit » April 12th, 2006, 12:47 pm

He's stunning!!! :love:
pocketpit
Supremely Bully

Postby Purple » April 12th, 2006, 1:03 pm

What a face! He's gorgeous! I hope all goes your way!
Purple
I live here

Postby concreterose » April 12th, 2006, 2:14 pm

Thanks, guys. I am certainly not being hasty in making any decisions. I am finding out as much about this fella as I can before I commit to anything. It sounds so far like he's great with people, but can be leash reactive with other dogs (which is not a biggie, Vicki is leash reactive and she's made a lot of progress). I don't know how well he'll accept a crate since he doesn't kennel well, but I'm sure that's workable...I have to find out if he exhibits any kind of SA. I've been looking into setting up tie-downs anyway so he can be trained to ignore my cats. We are also looking at the possibility of maybe flying him to another cheaper location and getting him transported part of the way (if everything works out and I decide to take him).
concreterose
Loyally Bully

Postby mnp13 » April 12th, 2006, 4:26 pm

I'd recommend you look into the trucker transport lists to get him across the country. They have moved many dogs sucseefully. That's how Ollie got to Wisconsin - a friendly truck driver.
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby concreterose » April 12th, 2006, 4:42 pm

mnp13 wrote:I'd recommend you look into the trucker transport lists to get him across the country. They have moved many dogs sucseefully. That's how Ollie got to Wisconsin - a friendly truck driver.

Thanks for the tip...I'll pass it along to his rescuer :wink:
concreterose
Loyally Bully

Postby Fear_the_Sheeple » April 12th, 2006, 8:47 pm

ooooh, he's gorgeous! I hope it all works out!
Fear_the_Sheeple
Enlightened Bully

Postby bullyboi » April 12th, 2006, 9:45 pm

He is a good looking dog, good luck, your home would probaly be like heaven compared to the shelter.
bullyboi
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby JCleve86 » April 12th, 2006, 10:41 pm

concreterose wrote:Thanks, guys. I am certainly not being hasty in making any decisions. I am finding out as much about this fella as I can before I commit to anything. It sounds so far like he's great with people, but can be leash reactive with other dogs (which is not a biggie, Vicki is leash reactive and she's made a lot of progress). I don't know how well he'll accept a crate since he doesn't kennel well, but I'm sure that's workable...I have to find out if he exhibits any kind of SA. I've been looking into setting up tie-downs anyway so he can be trained to ignore my cats. We are also looking at the possibility of maybe flying him to another cheaper location and getting him transported part of the way (if everything works out and I decide to take him).

I don't know if you remember squishy bulldoggy boy JD or not, but he kenneled HORRIBLY...as in, snarling at people if they approached him (not a pit bull, but rather a EB or Frenchie something or other mix). However, he crated wonderfully...even after being way overcrated. As it was told to me but a certain lovely gal on the forum, he kenneled well with Kaye at Small Time Rescue, so I'm betting environment rather than the actual kennel has a lot to do with it.
JCleve86
Confident Young Bully

Postby turtle » April 13th, 2006, 12:33 am

He's very handsome! Oh, I hope it works out, he will be a lucky boy to get such a great home and have the lovely Miss Vicky to play with...

Good luck and fingers and paws crossed that it works out!
-------------------------------------------------------

I may be slow but I get there - a turtle's motto
turtle
Loyally Bully

Return to Pit Bull Talk