CT/UKC/WP/Thanksgiving Weekend

CT, DE, DC, IN, ME, MD, MA, MI, NH, NJ, NY, OH, PA, RI, VT

Postby ellie@ny » October 9th, 2008, 7:56 am

CONNECTICUT
NEW ENGLAND PULLERS ASSOCIATION
CLINTON (I) WPULL

Nov 29;
Steven Palinkas (Beth Jones backup) WPULL Rails-B Entries 8-8:30 am Pull 9 am
Nov 30; Steven Palinkas (Beth Jones backup) WPULL Rails-B Entries 8-8:30 am Pull 9 am
DOS $20; PE $15, $12 2nd entry owned by same person received by November 22, 2008

Clinton Public Works Dept. 117 Nod Rd 06413; I-95 N exit 62. Left onto Hammonnasset Connection. Right onto Duck Hold Rd. left at bottom of hill over bridge. Right on Nod Rd to DPW. I-95 S exit 63. Right onto RT. 81. Right onto North High St. Right onto Nod Rd to DPW.
http://www.newenglandpullersassociation.com
Chairperson: Douglas Hamilton (860) 434-3565 bluemoonkennel@sbcglobal.net
Event Secretary: Jane Palinkas C/O Leslie Haller, 18A MT Tom Rd, New Preston CT 06777 (860) 379-2155 janesmals@aol.com
Ellie
----------------------------------------
"Winners aren't born...they're made.And they're made just like anything else...through hard work.That's the price we'll have to pay to achive that goal."
ellie@ny
Full of Bully

Postby ellie@ny » November 8th, 2008, 3:34 pm

Bumping this up,this wil be the last UKC pull in the NE area in this year,and it will be on rails!!!
Indoor pull area,and really not too far from NY NJ MA etc... :wink:
I've found a motel for 45.99$ only 15 mi away from the wp.
Here is the link:
http://www.motel6.com/reservations/mote ... earchtype=
Ellie
"Winners aren't born...they're made.And they're made just like anything else...through hard work.That's the price we'll have to pay to achive that goal."
ellie@ny
Full of Bully

Postby Leslie H » November 23rd, 2008, 9:45 pm

I accompanied Beth Jones to NC to pick up the track she bought this weekend. It was built by Darren Sipes, and it is very nice. I'm really looking forward to this weekend.
Leslie H
Queen of Weight Pull

Postby ellie@ny » November 24th, 2008, 8:52 pm

Leslie H wrote:I accompanied Beth Jones to NC to pick up the track she bought this weekend. It was built by Darren Sipes, and it is very nice. I'm really looking forward to this weekend.

Sounds great Leslie,so in your opinion it's an "easy" rail system then?/compared to you know which ones... :wink: /.
Ellie
ellie@ny
Full of Bully

Postby Leslie H » November 24th, 2008, 9:43 pm

It's brand new, I've been told they take some minor breaking in. But Soleil has pulled on a number of tracks that Darren built, she's pulled anywhere from mid 60's to over 100%. So I'm pretty excited.
Leslie H
Queen of Weight Pull

Postby ellie@ny » November 25th, 2008, 8:52 am

Leslie H wrote:It's brand new, I've been told they take some minor breaking in. But Soleil has pulled on a number of tracks that Darren built, she's pulled anywhere from mid 60's to over 100%. So I'm pretty excited.

Now you made me excited as well. :wink:
Altough this will be our first rail pull,so we'll se how it goes.Thank God it will be indoor!!! :)
Ellie
ellie@ny
Full of Bully

Postby Leslie H » November 28th, 2008, 1:58 pm

Ellie, we set it up on Wed, didn't level it because we'll have to move it over for Sat. It seems to pull very smoothly. I had Xanny pull it a few times, she flew w/225# (cart w/out 75# matt), and had to work a bit to move it w/Beth and Audra on it (no blocks inside yet). That's a 10 year old, unconditioned 50# dog w/a badly fitting harness. I didn't ask her to really work, because I don't want her to be stiff on the weekend. I'm hoping she can get 20% and earn her UWPCHV, she just needs 1 qualifying pull on a surface other than wheels, and she let me know years back she wasn't going to qualify on snow. Since I don't really work Xanny, she feels no real obligation to work for more, she's a very independant thinker. I'm hoping she's motivated, and in the mood. It's all possible, but she's more than willing to flip me the doggy bird, and while it seems to pull easy, it's not so easy that she won't actually have to work. I think one qualifying pull is all Soleil needs, too, but there's not so much of a question as to whether she'll qualify. So, it's possible they could both earn their Versatile title tomorrow. But, you know half the fun of competing is never knowing when you'll be embarassing yourself (w/a little canine help).
Well, here's hoping it's a great pull for everyone.
Leslie H
Queen of Weight Pull

Postby ellie@ny » November 28th, 2008, 3:57 pm

Sounds great Leslie!
I'll cross my fingers for your new titles!!!
I just realized in this month that Maya got her Versatile title back at the National Weekend..
I had decided to enter Milo as well for the first time,only for training purposes,so that will be fun.... :D
See you tomorrow!!! :wave2:
Ellie
ellie@ny
Full of Bully

Postby amazincc » November 29th, 2008, 2:16 am

Good luck, you guys... not that you'll need luck... :dance: :)
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby ellie@ny » December 1st, 2008, 5:36 pm

It was a great weekend again,hosted by the NEPA,great people,and great dogs!
We had at least 30 dogs on Sat.,and around 20 on Sun.
Leslie's Soleil took percentage on both days,over 100% on each day.
Missy and Dave Kehler's St Bernand took Most weight pulled on Sat,I believe with 5880#?I know it was close to 6000#.
Second day Franks AB Demona took MWP again around that weight.
Milo got 2 legs towards to his UWP,and 2 first place in his class,kicking Maya's butt all weekend long. :crazy2:
I'll have videos later,but it will take time cause we taped everything. :)
Ellie
ellie@ny
Full of Bully

Postby Leslie H » December 1st, 2008, 10:58 pm

Ellie, Milo was awesome. I know he's going to keep me sweating in the future. Milo pulled 106% his second day competing in weight pull, and beat every other dog except Soleil. Next year should prove very interesting.
Both Soleil and Xanny earned their Versatile Saturday, so I'm very pleased.
Leslie H
Queen of Weight Pull

Postby Jenn » December 1st, 2008, 11:11 pm

Very cool! 8) Congrats gang!
I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not so sure....
Jenn
undecided

Postby maberi » December 2nd, 2008, 5:42 pm

Wow, sounds like you guys had an awesome weekend. Wish I could have made it up for a pull. I need to get Kayden registered with the UKC so I can get him to some of your pulls. We've never been to or seen a pull on rails

Kayden and I are heading down to Port Clinton, PA this weekend for a 1 day pull
Look beyond what your own eyes see
maberi
I Save My Empty Calories For The Bottle

Postby ellie@ny » December 2nd, 2008, 7:26 pm

I made this video in a hurry with Maya's and Milo's last pulls. :wink:

http://www.onetruemedia.com/shared?p=78 ... m=text_url
Ellie
ellie@ny
Full of Bully

Return to North East