PA Pit Bull Hikes

CT, DE, DC, IN, ME, MD, MA, MI, NH, NJ, NY, OH, PA, RI, VT

Postby BullyVW » January 9th, 2006, 8:08 pm

I organized (poorly mind you) a PA Pit Bull hike a few months back. Although the turnout was small, the time was great. I plan on running another one, maybe slightly larger, come spring.

If there are other dog friendly hiking trails in Eastern, PA...let me know. As of now, we've been pretty happy with Jacobsburg Park, about 30 minutes east of Allentown.

Give me input!
BullyVW
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby Romanwild » January 9th, 2006, 8:11 pm

I hope I can make this one! Hiking would be great with the dogs. :goodStuff:
Romanwild
I live here

Postby BullyVW » January 9th, 2006, 8:15 pm

If people are going to travel...I'm more than willing to try and find a local dog friendly hotel!
BullyVW
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby Maryellen » January 9th, 2006, 8:41 pm

ooh i will go tooo..
Maryellen
I live here

Postby pibblegrl » January 10th, 2006, 1:08 pm

I wish Pa weren't so far away. :(
Candi

God created idiots as an endless source of amusement for the rest of us!
pibblegrl
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby Kangas Mommy » January 18th, 2006, 11:17 am

DAVE! Where the heck have you been? Your e-mail isnt working and your PM isnt either! Anyway i posted info about the pit bull picnic im working on this spring. It is on the other forum. For anyone interested i am planning for it to be in april probably on a sunday. It will be at Beltzville State Park. There are trails, picnic tables, and of course the lake for all that like to swim. The park is located in PA and everyone is welcome! I thought we could do the whole covered dish thing. Let me know if interested!

http://www.dcnr.state.pa.us/stateparks/ ... ville.aspx

:)
Kangas Mommy
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby Romanwild » January 18th, 2006, 11:19 am

Sounds good. :D
Romanwild
I live here

Postby Purple » January 18th, 2006, 2:44 pm

WE ARE THERE!!!!!
Purple
I live here

Postby BullyVW » January 18th, 2006, 4:37 pm

I'm there...but you should post it up as a new event!
BullyVW
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby Kangas Mommy » January 18th, 2006, 4:55 pm

i will closer to time. It is just a thought as of now and i wanted to see how many people will be interested....
Kangas Mommy
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby mnp13 » January 18th, 2006, 5:36 pm

I'd advise you post the event as soon as possible so people can put it on their calendars. I organized the Sleepover last year and gave 6 months notice and people still had problems making it.

Dave - a hike sounds fun, but I'm not hiking in January. :wink:
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby jmb06 » January 20th, 2006, 9:28 am

Have any of you looked into the trails and such within the Pocono mountains?

We take Patches up there every so often in the summer and have never had any problems. I would join in a group hike/picnic, but Patches isn't guaranteed to "play nice" with all other dogs ;)
jmb06
Just Whelped

Postby BullyVW » January 22nd, 2006, 12:33 pm

jmb06 wrote:Have any of you looked into the trails and such within the Pocono mountains?

We take Patches up there every so often in the summer and have never had any problems. I would join in a group hike/picnic, but Patches isn't guaranteed to "play nice" with all other dogs ;)

Last time we set this as one of the restrictions. If your pup is not exactly other dog friendly, think twice before bringing her/him.

Beyond that, I would like to make this a common event, maybe quarterly for some of the locals and whoever else wants to drive. So, I would love to change up some of the trails.
BullyVW
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby jmb06 » January 23rd, 2006, 10:02 am

One of our favorite walks is along the Little Lehigh River (Lehigh Gorge State Park). If you go on the trail that starts on the left side of the parking lot, there is a small waterfall there that the dogs (and people!) can walk through. It's good for the dogs to get a drink and cool off. We like to go there when it's a really hot day (like 90 degrees) because it's cooler there and I have never seen it really busy at all. Most people who go there will go out on their rafts, and aren't even on the trail. There are also benches and picnic tables around to stop for breaks.

I have never seen anyone else there with their dogs either. Last time I was there, there weren't any "No Pets" signs posted...just signs about littering (can't blame them on that one!) So if you choose this place, just please make sure everyone cleans up after themselves and the dogs ;)
jmb06
Just Whelped

Return to North East